How do you like HFB support?

ValdisMD

Here is a little message history i got from their support.

Vladislav || [email protected] Hello guys I'm just wondering when is the update for epoch 1.0.4.1 is going to come out? Apparently 1.0.4 is very buggy, I'm getting desync all the time and rpt sometimes shows pretty weird errors, but everything works as intended. I'm just hoping new patch is going to fix it. So it's much needed update. Thank you in advance.

Shawn B || Staff Hello Vladislav,

We have plans to release this update soon but I do not have an exact estimated time for you. <== Yeah this helps a lot!

Shawn
HFBServers
General Manager 

Vladislav || [email protected]

Actually as a lead developer of epoch just pointed they release 1.0.4.2 early this week, so the 1.0.4.1 might not be even relevant. Here is the link

Joseph G || Staff Hello, we will release this update when it becomes available. <== Seriously?

Joe
HFBServers
Systems Engineer

Vladislav || [email protected]
No sh*t Joe, I thought you gonna release it when its unavailable... Did you even read my message? Anyway looks like they did patch Epoch to the 1.0.4.2 but apparently, there is a couple extra steps that only you can do as a server host. here is a link for official guide Please do not postpone with this update as it's very relevant.
Thanks, Vlad.

There is no real good host. You need to move away from Game Service Providers an move to something real. I personally recommend Regencyhost.com . I find that any real server host, dose not offer pre-set up games.

That's sound like an option. I really want to build a server box though, but have no clue once or ever what to even start with, and how much would it cost. I saw some cheap used machines on kijiji for like $500, and then you can upgrade it for something more decent. But again it's just a tip of the iceberg.

That's sound like an option. I really want to build a server box though, but have no clue once or ever what to even start with, and how much would it cost. I saw some cheap used machines on kijiji for like $500, and then you can upgrade it for something more decent. But again it's just a tip of the iceberg.

There are some not-so-expensive hosts that are really good:

hetzner.de

webtropia.com

online.net