Spawning Custom AI

Randomness

Question

I've been trying to figure out how I should spawn AI units manually in my scripts using DZAI, but reading several examples got me kind of confused. When I was reading in the DZAI files, i was assuming i had to use spawnBandit to spawn custom groups, but looking at EMS (for example references) I see they use spawn_group (not even sure if that is part of DZAI). Could someone please clarify me what function I should be using to spawn myself some AI units? 

Just to clarify, I am trying to spawn multiple groups of ai (lets say 3-5 groups of 6-8 units) to defend a custom base which will only happen a few times, so i would preferably just spawn them in with the mission, instead of using triggers for it. Is DZAI capable of doing this or is it perhaps better to look for a different AI mod , or even use the default arma2 functions?

Any advice is appreciated,

Randy out

4 answers to this question

Use WAI maybe ? even without the missions the custom spawns are exellent, you can also use static gunners and have them paradrop in, save server resources as they won't be in game until triggered.

Thanks, I had to read the topic again to clear my misunderstandign of that system (I thought WickedAI was DZAI+mission system).

They documented how to spawn stuff as well (thank god) , so i guess this topic is no longer needed.

Thanks!