Problems Hosting Private Epoch Server

BLaZe

Question

I apologize up front if I'm not posting in the right place or if there are already a thread on this issue.

I am having an issue where when I or others try to join my current DayZ Epoch server they are able to get into the game lobby but once they try to join they get a black screen where it states they are waiting for server authentication. I personally will eventually get an error: "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. vilas_pl_cars". Afterwards I click ok and I get just a black screen. If I hit escape it will bring up the game menu and then I am allowed to walk around an empty field.

Server side steps taken:

-Used Steam to install Arma2 & Arma2OA (Launched both games via steam to get needed .net and ++ installed)

-Installed DayZ commander and used to update Arma2 to beta patch 103718 and install Dayz Epoch 1.0.1.5.

-Downloaded and installed MYSQL Server 5.5

-Went to Dayz Epoch website and downloaded server files and extracted to the Arma2 OA directory

-Created a new DB in MYSQL and used MYSQL Administrator to "restore" the DayZ Epoch SQL file to the dayz_epoch database that was created previously.

-Updated Hiveext.ini file to point to new MYSQL DB and update password information

-Copied Addon folder from Arma2 directory to Arma2 OA

-Created batch script based off of examples

-Able to launch dedicated server without errors

Thank you in advance for anyone that is able to point me in the right direction.

9 answers to this question

I did already have the @DayZ_Epoch extracted to the Arma2 OA directory via DayzCommander. But I did re-download the client files for manual install. I did compare and they appeared the same but copied over top of them just in case something was different. Afterwards I launched the server up and still ended up with the same error as before.

Hit your head on a rock enough times (and I was doing this for about 2-3 days) you finally take a step back to look at what was happening. Found out that adding the -mod=@DayZ_Epoch launch Parameters in DayZ commander was not enough as it was launching both DayZ and DayZ Epoch. After verified only DayZ Epoch was launched I was able to get into my server just fine and everything looks beautiful. Just wish I would have caught this sooner. Could have save a LOT of time.

Guys i'm trying to do a lan server with my friends .. Every thing is ok and i can log in to server but i can't play .. it's always giving me this silly error.. can't read mysql from localhost .error..i downloaded the Mysql server but i don't know how to connect mysql server with dayz epoch .. can any one give a step by step explanation..

thanx in advance

Omar

I used this link to download my instance of MYSQL: https://github.com/Stapo/Lite-DayZ-Private-Server/wiki/MySQL-Server-Installation

After you have it installed and have your username/password to get into it you can launch the MYSQL Administrator. From there go to Catalogs and create a new Schema (database) and call it "Dayz_epoch". Once you have that you can go to the restore tab and select the Epoch SQL file that came with the Epoch server files and target the dayz_epoch schema you just created. You will need to check the box to ignore alerts and create database(s) if they don't exist.

There might be a better way in doing this but its how I did it and it works for me.

Now i've this Error when i connect .... 23:39:22 Database(0): [Error] Error 1045 (Access denied for user 'dayz'@'localhost' (using password: YES)) in connect

this is from the server concole

Solved

I would love to know how fixed this because i am having the same error. Any help is appreciated! :)