Serious Bug: Safes cannot be opened/geared!

Saltus

Question

Hi guys,

first post here but a really urgent one:

We patched our server today from 1.0.4 to 1.0.4.1 and suddenly no one is able to access the contents of his/her safe what makes it for most people hardly playable if not unplayable at all.

What happens is:

One person goes to a safe and is able to enter the code. The unlocking animation starts and after its finished there is no way of accessing the safe's contents. If another person tries to gear the safe he is able to re-enter the code as usual but when he tries to gear it, it says something like: Cannot access safe, someone is already using it.

We never had this problem before and only did a few minor updates to our server today that are not likely to cause anything regarding safes since some edited missions and translations should not do anything to the way safes are accessible, right?

We are really in need for some quick help/suggestions here, since downtime is not going to help our sever very much in its starting phase just after promoting it ... :S

So thank you very much in advance for your help and let the answers come - I sure will post the solution/fix if some of you are experiencing the same problem as well!

Cheers,

Saltus

7 answers to this question

Ok, going back to vanilla sure is not an option after installing all that scripts in the past so I'll read through the posts in the topic you posted but it seems we fixed the problem going back to a previous backup. Do not know why it now works...so I maybe have to break my promise of revealing a solution here but if we know what caused the problem I will post it here!

That would stop you getting kicked for certain things, including opening a safe, but that is not the problem the OP had!

The problem he is having I am pretty sure you cannot remove. I've had the same problem on multiple servers and the solution is obviously do not have multiple people crowd around the safe to try and open it. The reason being is when multiple try to enter a code in it syncs with the sql database and if it fucks up then you can lose the contents of your safe.

only thing I can say now is 1.0.4.2 resolves the issue or going back to some backups if you have any. Since we are running the newest version now I will not further investigate what caused the problem.

Thank you for your help.

PS now i would close that thread or at least say closed in the topic but I cant find the button to edit a thread title ....lol^^