Mission fails to Read from SQL DB

DeanReid

Hi, 

I have a somewhat huge problem when my server restarts, 

Basically, when my SQL database gets to around 2.3 to 2.7 MB in size the mission just stops being able to read from it and all bases and cars don't spawn in and I have to keep backups to be able to get the server to read again, I can't just delete things like broken cars and unneeded inventories ect, I have to remove the database and go to a backup I did earlier, does anyone know of any SQL limitations, We don't go through any third party provider, we have our own dedicated server, and I have root access, so if there is anything that I need to do with SQL then that won't be a problem.

Try updating the variable 'connect_timeout' inside of your MySQL database to a higher number (preset to 10 seconds, try 20 or 30 seconds)

This should prevent the timeout for loading a big database.

Another thing to note would be to clean out any old player data and any old object data from the database.

Does clearing the Player_DATA and Player_LOGIN completely  effect anything like inventory's or is that only linked to Character Data?

I would recommend keeping all data in Player_DATA, but Player_LOGIN is only for the purpose of seeing who logged in/off at what date/time

character_data holds all the inventory, humanity, etc for players.

There are dead players that clog up character_data, as well.

A simple command like the following should suffice when clearing out old player data

DELETE FROM character_data WHERE alive=0 AND LastLogin<(NOW()-INTERVAL 3 DAY);
And for deleting blown up vehicles:

DELETE FROM object_data WHERE damage=1

Nope, Still does it. I have the following events 

CREATE DEFINER=`root`@`localhost` EVENT `weeklyServerCleanup` ON SCHEDULE EVERY 1 WEEK STARTS '2014-01-22 03:00:00' ON COMPLETION NOT PRESERVE ENABLE DO DELETE
FROM Object_DATA 
WHERE CharacterID = '0'

CREATE DEFINER=`root`@`localhost` EVENT `deleteDeadPeople` ON SCHEDULE EVERY 1 DAY STARTS '2013-12-27 20:33:21' ON COMPLETION NOT PRESERVE ENABLE DO DELETE 
FROM Character_DATA 
WHERE Alive= '0'

CREATE DEFINER=`root`@`localhost` EVENT `deleteVehicles` ON SCHEDULE EVERY 3 HOUR STARTS '2013-12-27 20:34:07' ON COMPLETION NOT PRESERVE ENABLE DO DELETE
FROM Object_DATA 
WHERE Damage = '1'

CREATE DEFINER=`root`@`localhost` EVENT `optimizeTables` ON SCHEDULE EVERY 2 HOUR STARTS '2014-02-09 10:24:51' ON COMPLETION NOT PRESERVE ENABLE DO OPTIMIZE TABLE `Character_DATA`, `Object_DATA`, `Object_init_DATA`, `Player_DATA`, `Player_LOGIN`, `server_traders`, `Traders_DATA`, `trader_items`, `trader_tids`

Any other suggestions at hand? because I'm completely out of ideas

Do you have any modifications to your server files?

Have you tried running your database on vanilla files?

I've had a database well over 3MB without much issue, but that was with older Epoch versions (1.0.2.5 I believe)

If the problem still persists with vanilla files, may you send over your arma2oaserver.rpt and hiveext.log to me?

If nothing pops up in the logs, I will populate a database with 2.5MB+ of object, player, and character data, and see if anything goes haywire for me.

On another note, is your dedicated server a Linux or Windows server?

I would assume Linux as I've seen your posts in the Linux Epoch Server section.

I have tried with both Vanilla and Modded, but the only modification to my server.pbo is a Sarge Fix for Missions/Admin tools also I'm currently on the Linux Server Version I'll get a copy of the logs In about 10 minutes, just on my way home from work now.

I am having a similiar problem.

The game wont load bases and vehicles from the database.

I get this error from the RPT log:

23:21:21 "HIVE: Starting"
23:21:21 "server_monitor.sqf execution count = 1"
23:21:21 "HIVE: trying to get objects"
23:21:21 "HIVE: connection problem... HiveExt response:["ERROR","Instance already initialized"]"
23:21:21 "HIVE: connection problem... HiveExt response:["ERROR","Instance already initialized"]"
23:21:21 "HIVE: Spawning # of Vehicles: 20"
23:21:21 "HIVE: Spawning # of Debris: 100"
23:21:21 "HIVE: Spawning # of Ammo Boxes: 3"
23:21:21 "HIVE: Spawning # of Veins: 50"
23:21:21 "Total Number of spawn locations 5"

I may have neglected to regularly remove my dump log, and kinda got to 12 GB :/  so I'll send it when the server restarts in about 45 minutes but I have never seen anything to do with hive in any of my logs before 

especially nothing like this,

but I may be wrong.

Since this seems to be an issue related to the DayZ Epoch Linux server, and since the source for the DayZ Epoch Linux server has not yet been released (to my knowledge), there isn't much that can be done.

If you're looking for an alternative, install Open Game Panel on your server box and install Arma 2 through that.

It'll set everything up via wine for you, and have it's own mysql database and so on.

Really? wow, didn't know it setup through wine, I'll give it a try, but I'm not too friendly with wine, we have not got along in the past haha, but I'll give it a try and let you know what happens :)

I know your pain.

I moved over to a Windows Server 2008 box after having trouble setting up a few servers for other games on Linux.

Then I found OGP and it seemed to work like a charm

I'm never going to Windows Servers, There too unreliable, and a real pain in the ass to install. also I tried to download OGP on a windows server on a Virtual Machine, but Internet Explorer kept blocking everything, even with privacy stuff disabled.

We have OGP installed on our Linux Server already, but when I try installing Arma 2 OA it doesnt seem to install properly, Is there a way you use to get this to install through wine automatically? I havn't been able to look into it much, been busy sorting out College things

Okay, I have an update on the SQL problem,

The weirdest problem that might mind blow you,

So, Its happened again, DB has reached 2.2 MiB and all buildings have dissapeared, weird thing is. The Inventory's are still there.. Everyone's Inventory exists, but nothing spawns. not sure if this has always happened, but I only just noticed it. 

here is my log files, maybe someone can figure it out for me, because I certainly cant.

Log

http://pastebin.com/nfS7xcDP

Dump

http://pastebin.com/ArDHTJsG

Bump? 

The backup to build ratio is starting to conflict, and soon I won't be able to keep the DB below 2.2 MiB.   1kb over and it stops reading the building table, is there no patch or way to find out what is the main cause because from what I can see there is nothing foreign in the Object Inventory

I've uploaded 2 Sql Files one is below 2.2 MiB and one that was just Exported which is 3MiB

http://s4.vlhosting.co.uk/DZELinuxSQL/

I'm sorry for Spamming about this, but it is so confusing and annoying that it only happens at 2.2 Mb :(

Edit:/  I have also created a default, nothing changed Server with the default Mission and Server.pbo's and then uploaded the sql file below 2 mb built a few things and it still happens

The "dayz_epoch_chernarus_11Over2.2Mb.sql" has wrong hitpoints in Object_DATA;

[25405, BAF_Merlin_HC3_D](hitpoints): [["NEtrup",0.0137089],["motor",0.0244727],["elektronika",0.106378],["mala vrtule",0.0212376],["velka vrtule",0.073775],["glass1",0.0185447],["glass2",0.019542],["glass3",0.0227537],["glass4",0.0241971],["glass5",0.0260374],["glass6",0.0305288],["glass7",0.0311482],["glass8",0.0323521],["glass9",0.0332202],["glass10",0.0324455],["glass11",0.0353515],["glass12",0.037363],["glass13",0.0383317],["glass14",0.0374955],["glass15",0.0367687],["glass16",0.0334812],["glass17",0.0316545],["glass18",0.0313714],["glass1

DELETE FROM Object_DATA WHERE ObjectID=25405;

DELETE FROM Object_DATA WHERE Classname like 'pook_H13%' OR Classname like 'GNT_C185%';