[Official Release] EMS 0.3

Fuchs

Hey Defent, your README.md instructions don't match the files that come in the zip. It's really confusing. You say there should be a documentation folder and a DZMS folder, but neither exist. There is an EMS folder. Should I assume the EMS folder is actually the DZMS folder you're talking about?

Also the instructions say to open my Server.pbo file, but there is no such file. I have a dayz_server.pbo. Is that it?

Thanks.

How in the heck do i install this? There are literally 2 parts... but where do all the files and folders go? In the base server.pbo?

Hey Defent, your README.md instructions don't match the files that come in the zip. It's really confusing. You say there should be a documentation folder and a DZMS folder, but neither exist. There is an EMS folder. Should I assume the EMS folder is actually the DZMS folder you're talking about?

Also the instructions say to open my Server.pbo file, but there is no such file. I have a dayz_server.pbo. Is that it?

Thanks.

Okay it is simple!!!

Noob guide:

1) Download from (https://github.com/TheFuchs/EMS-0.3)  Press this on the right side of the page ->  Screenshot_2.jpg

2) Copy folder named "EMS" from archive to "dayz_server.pbo" (Google "PBO Manager - Tools - Armaholic" if u don't know how)

2.1) Place it into main(root) folder together with folders like "init", "modules", "system", etc.

3) Open up your "server_monitor.sqf" in the "system" folder in your "dayz_server.pbo".

3.1) Search for this line

allowConnection = true;

3.2) And insert this line directly above it.

[] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\DZMSInit.sqf";

3.3) If you have DZAI or WickedAI Installed, the DZMS line should go under theirs. Like this. Do not copy its just an example.

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\DZAI\init\dzai_initserver.sqf";
[] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\DZMSInit.sqf";

4) Repack your PBO

Done.

The readme is not made by me, its made by the original creator. Although, the install instructions are just the same as the EMS 3.0. And yes that is the file.

Hello again, I'm having a new problem. I was using DZMS, which basically installs exactly the same as EMS as far as I know. I removed DZMS, edited the server_monitor.sqf to reflect the changes for EMS installation. I put the EMS folder in the dayz_server.pbo directory, and pack it up. The server starts, but no missions spawn. As if it doesn't exist.

Is this a known problem? There shouldn't be anything wrong with my installation, DZMS worked fine and it was installed exactly the same. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys i just made myself a new server and im a bit of a noob at some of this. I was just wondering if i need something else to go with this in order to get missions to start and ai to spawn, because i followed the directions exactly and i cant get anything to happen

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just going to hope that someone will see this and be able to help me.

I created a private DayZ Epoch Server using this video: 

I ran the server and it worked perfectly.

I then went and installed a Server Admin Tool using this video: 

Yet again everything worked fine.

I then started trying to add bandits and AI like in humvee crashes etc., so I started looking into that. I have tried

adding the EMS 2.6 as well as the 3.0. I also tried the original version of SMVampire. Everytime I tried to start the 

server up, I get into the lobby and press ok. I then load until the place where it says: Waiting for server to start authentication.

It stays at this screen until I eventually time out and get kicked back to the lobby.

When I look at the console of the server, it also hasn't loaded anything (the green text) like it used to, and even though

I put my backup of dayz_server back in, it still doesn't work. This has caused that I had to recreate the entire server from scratch

for more than one time. 

Please help me with this situation D:

Does anyone have this working for an Overpoch server, its not running the missions on my server and i followed the install directions to the T

bump 

also on my napf server all the missions spawn on top of each other cause I'm using original chernarus files cause google isn't giving me an answer to what to do for changing ems to napf map.   I read forums but noticed everyone ignores people asking that question so what do I do   jump off a cliff and just die......... (again)      Grumpy Gramps

Hi Fuchs, I wondered if you were going to update EMS to reflect the later version of Vampires DZMS which has some fixes in it for arma 1.63.112555?

Also, can I run this alongside DZMS or should I just grab the additional missions, add them to my existing DZMS and modify the array that calls them?

I really like the thought of an angry axeman running around my server! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

@Rawkie , i had the same problem . what did it for me was changing nil to false in DZMSMinTimer.sqf and  DZMSMajTimer.sqf in EMS\scipts folder

I did this and it worked, but none of the missions spawn at all unless I am missing something?

AFAIK, all I had to do was add this to my Server PBO and it would add in the missions?

Do these missions show up on the map, or am I using the wrong mission system for that?

bump 

also on my napf server all the missions spawn on top of each other cause I'm using original chernarus files cause google isn't giving me an answer to what to do for changing ems to napf map.   I read forums but noticed everyone ignores people asking that question so what do I do   jump off a cliff and just die......... (again)      Grumpy Gramps

Works on mine. I'm also running the napf map. The missions mostly spawn in the same general area on top of or on the side of the mountains but occasionally they spawn in other area's of the map. Don't think there's a fix for that yet.

The pastebin has specific instructions.  My first suggestion is: learn where your mission files are and your server files are located. Whats inside of each then start to tackle a project like this.

This is a server PBO based mission system. So most everything goes in there. Setting up your own server on your PC isn't too difficult.  

here is the pastebin, its very self-explanatory. https://github.com/TheFuchs/EMS-0.3

Read post #229,  mclemur posted some information.

How in the heck do i install this? There are literally 2 parts... but where do all the files and folders go? In the base server.pbo?