Automatic Humanity Gain

Aliveman

Question

11 answers to this question

In player_spawn_2.sqf comment out the following to disable automatic humanity gain.

if (_speed > 0.1) then {
        _timeOut = _timeOut + 1;
    };

_humanity = player getVariable ["humanity",0];
    if (_timeOut > 150) then {
        _timeOut = 0;
        if (_humanity < 2500) then {
            _humanity = _humanity + 150;
            _humanity = _humanity min 2500;
            player setVariable ["humanity",_humanity,true];
        };
    };

Is this not Client side? I would think there is more involved then just commenting it out on the server end. Some sort of execVM stuff pulling it server side maybe? I would love to be able to change the humanity as well. I have too many bandits running around with over 10k humanity because they gain humanity faster than they can kill people

Armifer, thanks for pointing this out, not because I am disabling it, but instead, because it gave me the idea to make players lose humanity on my server. Too many people who kill the AI/NPC bandits from the protection of their vehicle with a mounted gun after getting hero status. This will force them to take more risk by dismounting.

Armifer, I have found the lines you are talking about in the dayz_code but I can not find where player_spawn_2.sqf is called anywhere in the server files so that I can redirect it to the modified file in my mission folder.  Can you give me a hint?