Waiting for character to create

mintypie007

I personally have had this issue on my own test server before I put the update on our main server. Everyone else, but me, can join. I get stuck at a waiting for character to create screen. I noticed in the server install help forum someone posted about this as well.

The server RPT and the hive ext logs are clear no errors related. The only thing I noticed was in my arma RPT.

if (_mode == 0) then 
{
_handle = [_timesActivated>
  Error position: <== 0) then 
{
  Error ==: Type Bool, expected Number,String,Object,Side,Group,Text,Config entry,Display (dialog),Control,Team member,Task,Location
File ca\modules\functions\misc\fn_initCounter.sqf, line 25
Error in expression <then 
{
private ["_handle"];

This is repeated over and over.

Hello All,

After updating to 1.0.4.1 last night I can no longer join my server hosted by VertHost.

All other players seem to be able to join my server but me.

Getting the same errors in ArmA RPT as OP (see below)

if (_mode == 0) then 
{
{
  Error ==: Type Bool, expected Number,String,Object,Side,Group,Text,Config entry,Display (dialog),Control,Team member,Task,Location
{
private ["_handle"];

I have reinstalled ArmA/OA
I have reinstalled clientside patch 1.0.4.1
No I am not running a free version of ArmA.
Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
STENCH

Hello All,

After updating to 1.0.4.1 last night I can no longer join my server hosted by VertHost.

All other players seem to be able to join my server but me.

Getting the same errors in ArmA RPT as OP (see below)

if (_mode == 0) then 
{
{
{
private ["_handle"];

I have reinstalled ArmA/OA
I have reinstalled clientside patch 1.0.4.1
No I am not running a free version of ArmA.
Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
STENCH

What versions of ArmA 2 are you running, free or paid? if it's paid where'd you get it from (retail, sproket, or steam)?

[solved]

Deleted ca folder in MP missions and boom into game.

Still getting "Trading in Progress" after a trade has been completed.

Also some players are complaining they cannot open doors or safes on the server.

To test this I deleted all vehicles on the server and this made no difference whatsoever.

So I do not think it's a server lag issue,also running vanilla 1.0.4.1.

@icomrade, I have a retail version of ArmA2/OA [twin disk set]

[solved]

Deleted ca folder in MP missions and boom into game.

Still getting "Trading in Progress" after a trade has been completed.

Also some players are complaining they cannot open doors or safes on the server.

To test this I deleted all vehicles on the server and this made no difference whatsoever.

So I do not think it's a server lag issue,also running vanilla 1.0.4.1.

@icomrade, I have a retail version of ArmA2/OA [twin disk set]

Hmm, I too own the CO retail box set, and I don't experience the errors, thanks for the info. it helps :)

Edit: okay I think I got it, if you don't mind testing this (i don't get errors with it on my test rig).

So, replace the contents of the file init.sqf in CA\modules\functions\init.sqf with the contents of this pastebin: http://pastebin.com/AQJ1gSAV

Next create a file called fn_initCounter.sqf in the same folder as init.sqf, use this pastebin for it: http://pastebin.com/8z02LfiM

This is all I have in my CA\modules\functions\init.sqf 

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\ca\functions\init.sqf"

So what you have in your pastebin is very different so what is actually in file.

Will this fix the "Trading in Progress" problem do you think?

I will test this on my server but It is quite full ATM but I will repport back ASAP.

STENCH

This is all I have in my CA\modules\functions\init.sqf 

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\ca\functions\init.sqf"

So what you have in your pastebin is very different so what is actually in file.

Will this fix the "Trading in Progress" problem do you think?

I will test this on my server but It is quite full ATM but I will repport back ASAP.

STENCH

No trading progress is unrelated. It's for the original issue, don't rush, it's late for me anyway. 

Hmm, I too own the CO retail box set, and I don't experience the errors, thanks for the info. it helps :)

Edit: okay I think I got it, if you don't mind testing this (i don't get errors with it on my test rig).

So, replace the contents of the file init.sqf in CA\modules\functions\init.sqf with the contents of this pastebin: http://pastebin.com/AQJ1gSAV

Next create a file called fn_initCounter.sqf in the same folder as init.sqf, use this pastebin for it: http://pastebin.com/8z02LfiM

Thank you, this fix worked for me!

I removed the "ca" folder from MPMissions and yeah all good now.

But I heard its to stop free users playing. I paid for my game over steam....... so why was it stopping me.

No that's Bullshit, it was an unknown difference in a file between A2 and A2 free (and some A2 installs) that caused incompatibility with a fix for an error in an ArmA 2 script.

I've had this problem since Feb 8th. I logged onto our Sauerland server, then our Chernarus server. Our databases are linked on there and I was a fresh spawn so I just ran around, found a shotgun and logged off.  Next morning tried to log onto the Sauerland map and got stuck at Waiting for character to create.

I've joined many epoch servers and only the epoch mod is what's affected. I've reinstalled epoch 6 times, reinstalled battleeye, arma2 ( I bought off the BI website, sprocket download ) and even restored back to Jan 28th.

Still nothing. The admins have been busy helping trying to figure out what's going on with it, but they're not even getting a notification that I'm actually trying to log in.

Just this past Sunday my brother, who has been able to log onto the epochs just fine, encountered this problem and now isn't able to log in also. We have both of our computers hooked up through the same router and connection. He was on Sauerland and was out killing some zeds with our cousin.  While looting a zombie he crashed, server said he had combat logged, and hasn't been able to join since either. On any epoch server.

It doesn't say we're banned, just won't log in.  If I leave it on the waiting screen it'll eventually send me back to lobby with the message Log in timed out, please reconnect and try again.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Note: I've been googling this for the past few days and I've tried everything I've read that might work. I only have a readme file in my arma2/mpmissions/ca directory, no other files. Not sure if those are for the server side though, but this being under the client side I'm assuming I'm wrong on that part.

lzPO2sF.png

• 2 months later...

Hi my server (Running 1.0.4.2) Does this and I think its server sided because when it happens lots of people get waiting for character to create.

It seems a MySQL reset fixed it for a while but it came back today,I have my database automaticlly clean up dead bodys and destroyed vehicles and unused characters.

The only ca folder i can find is one in the mpmissions file on the server is this the one i edit?

Im using a legit steam copy.

I tried this and it still doesnt fix it I guess ill try deleting the ca folder on my server.

• 1 year later...