Traders not working 1.0.4.1

Flosstradamus

Question

Basically its giving me an error when the server starts up stating \z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_tradermenu.sqf not found and when I go to the actual trader its blank.

Any idea what may be causing this ? I also can't find that file anywhere either it be dayz_server.pbo or my mission folder. It was working fine before i installed the patch.

14 answers to this question

Sorry not fixed. I am using a custom compiles script and I noticed this code.

// trader menu code
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_tradermenu.sqf";

do I have to change it to:
// trader menu code
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_traderMenuConfig.sqf"; ?

Sorry i should of specified I am using chernarus. I swapped the code in my compiles and i'm gonna test it now.

All fixed i had to re edit my custom compiles to include this:

// trader menu code
if (DZE_ConfigTrader) then {
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_traderMenuConfig.sqf";
}else{
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_traderMenuHive.sqf";
};

instead of:
// trader menu code
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_tradermenu.sqf";

Hm...

I used the change in custom compiles, ( traderMenuConfig.sqf else traderMenuHive.sqf

the result is that, the error is away but now the trader had no Item´s...

You see the trader-frame only with the basic text like "Buy" or "Sell"...  no groups to the left and no items in mainscreen..

^^Bump

I fixed the tradermenu.sqf problem (if you have a custom compiles.sqf you have to down load the newest one and make your manual changes and save back to your custom folder.

But my problem is  -  NO TRADER ITEMS.   None of my traders work.  I have painfulyl went folder by folder and file by file to assure mine are updated and they are.  Why are my traders empty?  PLEASE HELP!!!!

fixed...

the file we need "player_traderMenu.sqf"  "is not" included in the epoch files for Client and/or Server... so we need to get it from the old version...

1.) Downgrade your epoch mod... go to your DayzCommander and install the older 1.0.3.1 epoch Version to your gamedirectory at: @Day_Epoch

2.) go into your @DayZ_epoch\addons\  (Client files) and open the the dayz_code.pbo with your  pbo-Manager.

3.) open the misssion.pbo at your server and copy the "player_traderMenu.sqf" into your custom Folder.

4.) stay in this Folder and open the compiles.sqf file with your Editor...

5.) look for: "// trader menu code"  and change the code to:

// trader menu code

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\player_traderMenu.sqf";   

check it out...

thx.f.h.dennis/HH

tried  this on 1.0.4.2 and 1.0.4.1 and it did not work nothing show up with 

// trader menu code
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_traderMenuConfig.sqf";
}else{
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_traderMenuHive.sqf";
};

and i tried this

// trader menu code

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\player_traderMenu.sqf";   

and did not work eather is there any other fix

I've done the fixes mention here. 

I put the new player_traderMenu.sqf in my custom folder and change the call to this folder.

This solved the no items or categories problem but I can not buy or sell anything at the trader.  all i get is "Missing 1 whatever" to complete trade.  when i sell, the trader takes my item but does not return currency.

Any one have a clue?

Definitly has something to do with the custom complies file and the player_traderMenu.sqf.

I deleted the call to the custom complies and reinstated the base call and everything works now.

I'm gonna leave it this was for now as i don't remember why I had a custom complies, lol.

Hope someone finds a answer.

So, I was able to finally get all my traders working in 1.0.4.2.  What I did was download to the latest compiles.sqf from githaub (vbawol version)

There is no longer a line for calling player_tradermenu.  This has all changed due to the new loot table and looting schema.

In the new compiles.sqf...arond line 394, you will see:

// trader menu code
    }else{
    };

That's all I needed for my server to start working with traders. 

Also, I highly recommend you looking at the server_traders.sqf in the root of you mission folder.   Open it up and look at all the traders and their trader ID's for each item.

Then go into your database and compare these to your traders.  What I found was a few mis-matches with bandit/blackmarket.  Be sure they match the instance (Epoch is instance 11).

Cheers,