Reliable Epoch Server Hosts?

boxman80

ROFL ... i hope ppl read the last pages first

We may have caught some negative publicity in the past but people really do beat up on every hosting provider that's around.. it's not an easy business especially when the return is so low. $20 is the going rate for game servers, and the amount of features you get for that price is pretty worth it. Those who wish to have Epoch updates in the same hour it's released, and fix their own problems really should get a VPS or dedi which would be at a minimum $10-20 more per month.

We get the job done, we answer tickets in 24 hours and we release Epoch updates within 24-72 hours (depending on the complexity of the Epoch update). If you want to upload your own Epoch update when it's available (faster than we release a control panel update), you can do that via FTP.

Good luck with Vilayer, I know him personally (ReactorForge.com now defunct), I almost lost my entire user DB to him (Lee). He is a scam artist. Seems his latest scam is with Infistar who posted multiple hacks to use on other Dayz servers to drive server owners to his dad's hosting service (Lee doesn't own crap, his dad owns it all). I'm sure many of you saw a sharp increase in hacking a few months ago if you weren't with Vilayer, you can thank him for that. (no scripts found) message on Vilayer servers ring a bell?

We haven't had any DDoS take us down with the new panel. Our new panel is far superior to TC Admin. TC Admin has way too many issues, way too clunky, and is a lot more complex for the end user. The panel has been an overwhelming success. The only issues people are having nowadays are related to mod work / Epoch bugs / Anti-Hack compatibility. There are a few bugs in the new panel here and there (FTP permissions issue, notifications prior to server restarts) but they've all been fixed and things are stable now. Most of the issues people have with the hosts out there are related to all of their customizations. It makes us look like the bad guy when we are expected to fix all of these issues that people have when they are copy pasting tons of code into the default files. Not to mention there are ongoing Epoch bugs.. we are always trying to find better ways to implement everything and make the modding process a lot easier.

blame the mods or the users all you want, fact is you have poor servers and an even worse "service" ... 

my 2 cents:

VertHosting all the way. Affordable, FAST support, FULL ACCESS to all files - hell I could even download all 14gigs of the serverfiles for a test I was doing.
Only downside it seems to be only one guy doing all the work and he lives in new zealand. The big BUT here is, when he's online - which is basically everyday - and you have skype and added VertHosting to your skype, he will reply in seconds and deal with your problem right away. It's awesome, plus he's always polite and calm.

Servers are available in US, EU, AUS

• 1 month later...

http://www.gtxgaming.co.uk are the market leaders for dayz epoch now, you get free infistar admin tools, you get auto install for all the mods that are out. Its awesome, and easy, the staff are really fast on tickets as well, unlike vilayer who i was waiting 6 days for a response sometimes!

Would not recommend GTX After the whole Dayz origins scandal.. I had a GTX Origins for 8 months and it was the worst thing i ever paid for. 120$ a month for the most unreliable service and they never answered tickets. When they did they talked to you like you were the idiot and blamed things on you that couldn't have happened since with origins you had 0 access to anything

Would not recommend GTX After the whole Dayz origins scandal.. I had a GTX Origins for 8 months and it was the worst thing i ever paid for. 120$ a month for the most unreliable service and they never answered tickets. When they did they talked to you like you were the idiot and blamed things on you that couldn't have happened since with origins you had 0 access to anything

DayZ Epoch is a whole different story. They respond in atleast 2 hours and I've acces to almost every file.

GTX have special network settings that make the server run better. I tried dayz.st and vilayer, vilayer were ok but support was slow. Dayz.st just overfill their boxes. I have GTX owner on skype and if i ever need to know how to do something, hes only a message away, i guess everyone has different tastes. hell if we all went to the same host it would be a monopoly!

PS, anyone know when next epoch update is coming out, been a while since the last one. 

• 1 year later...

I decided to try out VertHosting but I wont be hosting epoch another mod, same thing tho I will provide update on here as to how i get on, I ordered it last night , I been told its bank holiday in new Zealand as such the funds have not cleared yet, i got an email 6 hours ago saying it will be provisioned shortly, still waiting its not been 24 hours yet tho..

Will update again soon...

So I will put in my experiences here...

1st Host: Survival Servers (managed), let's just say that this relationship only lasted 24 hours as I could not even get the vanilla server to start and run properly.

2nd Host: VILayer (managed), at first they were pretty good. Then there was the Arma3 update and the Epoch update that happened.... They were unresponsive to tickets and when they finally did respond I had to direct them to where the updated Epoch server files were.. I mean lmgtfy. Took them 13 hours to update after I sent them the info. Smh......

3rd and current host: NFO servers (unmanaged).

These guys are AWESOME. The longest I have ever had to wait for a response to a ticket is 4 minutes... AMAZING!!!!! Great prices and performance. They have been very accomodating and they really know their business. I could not be happier.