Reliable Epoch Server Hosts?

boxman80

I have to agree. I've used DayzPriv for a regular server and now I've switched it to Epoch. A fantastic company. I've tried several other companies and no one can compare to the speed of their support. For regular Dayz, they use DayzCC, which is a fantastic control panel. They don't host as many of the Dayz Mods as some other hosts, but they seem willing to try new things if you contact them.

Hi,

I'm looking for a host for Epoch with the possibility to modify dayz_server.pbo and the mpmission files.
But, I need that this server to be hosted in Australia (because I'm living in new caledonia, with australia I have a ping less than 60ms and with other country my ping is more than 200ms...).

PS : sorry for my very very bad english but I'm French

EDIT : I replied to myself, Vert Hosting provides access to MySQL, acces to the server files (but I dont know if I have a realy full acces) and hosting in Australia (for $ 30 more, but I have no choice).

Using Dayzpriv here as well. I've had a regular DayZ server with them before, and now an Epoch server. Their Epoch control center is still quite basic compared to their default DayZ control panel, but that's easily fixed with the Private Hive Tools found here.

Hey guys! I really didn't want to copy and paste but I'm not a mod and thought the official rules and stuff might help! We are currently changing to PvP with hopefully massive safe zones around the outside for base building on the lush new Epoch!

Self blood bag and take clothes from corpses will be added soon also!

If you're interested in joining a growing DayZ community or just want a reliable server with friendly admins, you are welcome to join us.  Server is based in the EU.

The Konvict DayZ server can be found at 146.185.30.234:3340 or by searching konvictgaming.co.uk on DayZCommander

Konvict members are friendly and will not shoot on sight unless you have been hostile towards the clan or have taken items or vehicles from the clan.

Players are asked to abide by the following rules:

• No side chat

• No abusive language or obscene player names (be friendly)

• No hacking, glitching or duplicating items

• No advertising in-game

Wrong Thread/Section.

Well my opinion of DayZpriv is changing unfortunately. I am getting kinda tired of their general slowness and lack of communication/organisation. For example our server was shut down, without any notice or warning while they updated gamechanger, bearing in mind there were players on the server at the time.

When I was finally able to restart the server, all our files/customisations were gone and the server had been returned to its default 1.0.1.5 state. I emailed the support team to thank them for doing this without warning + to ask them when they were planning on updating to 1.0.2.1. I also asked if it was worth me fixing the server and putting all the files back they had wiped (luckily I had backups). They responded saying the updates would be applied soon and I should probably wait.

Its now been over 48 hrs and still no updates. So to say I'm kind of annoyed is a bit of an understatement. All of this combined with the fact that the team at DayZpriv didn't even realise there was an Epoch update (1.0.2) until one of the other server admins pointed it out AFTER it had been released doesn't really inspire much confidence.

It wouldn't be so bad if we had access to all of the server files our selves so we could update manually, but we can't even do that (despite the fact it clearly states on their website that you do)  :/    

Just recently decided I liked Epoch enough to get back into running a DayZ server (I haven't run one since before the words "private hive" were dirty words). I went with HFB as they've been around the DayZ scene from the start....and basically wasted a few days of my time and $35.00 (though I don't really care about the money.)

Effectively their TCA is abysmal. The updates panel always shows the latest thing installed as installed and everything else as uninstalled so if you install your BE filters, then the OA update the BE filters show as uninstalled...but okay I get it, TCA has limitations...so I just went through and installed all the stuff I needed there and started the server...hurrah.

Anyways on load to server, nothing loads past the mission select screen. The instance ID's are correct for Epoch....but it still doesn't work. I even tried manually inserting the 1.0.2 epoch.sql to the database and authentication was never reached.

Whats more I woke up this morning and my server name had reverted back to the default "YOU MUST INSTALL A MAP PACK FROM THE HFB CONTROL PANEL", when the Epoch package was quite clearly installed in the Mod Manager and the config still had my server name data in it.

Overall...I've played on a few HFB servers since returning to the DayZ scene and they have great performance, so I didn't expect this level of frustration from them....but unfortunately while they've technically provided what I paid for, it simply doesn't work and nothing I can do from my end via TCA or myAdmin can make it work.

I am over 18 hours waiting on a response to my support ticket on this issue (I spent a couple days trying to work out the problems on my own), and I suspect tomorrow I'll be 18+ hours waiting on a confirmation that my service has been cancelled. So, not a complete condemnation, HFB has an adequate management system and their hardware is apparently great from the few HFB servers I can get on....but their service response times are less than acceptable to me for a paid service.

So in the end if you're looking for a hosting solution for Epoch, I can't say I can recommend HFB at this point. But I also understand their service load response time problems aren't entirely their fault. With all the server providers over the last year cutting their prices down to as little as possible to maintain a node + a small profit per node, theres simply not enough money for smaller hosts to hire enough competent service staff to meet support requests in a timely manner.

So in the end, if anyone from HFB reads this.....let me just assure you that I'd have much rather have had the option to pay you $70.00 a month for the same server...if it ment that I'd have a reasonable support response time (reasonable to me is within the same business day, outstanding is almost instantly...which is something I used to get from Elpis Host...but they no longer host DayZ servers). 

I'm with HFB and while I actually like the TCAdmin panel, their support times are pretty bad. 48 hours is acceptable to them for a reply. Since I hosted with them, there were a number of tickets that I submitted, knowing they take a long time, then I started researching the answer and several times I figured out the problem hours after submitting the ticket.

i have been using .ST for quite a while now.  i have tried most of the hosts, and happiest when sticking to these  choices - Use the Los Angeles based servers as they are protected from any of the DDOS attack issues.  i have had extremely little downtime in several months of use.

What is good about .ST:

stability when based in Los Angeles

performance

Limitations/Problems:

when updates are released it takes a bit of time for the .ST administrators to build their own version of the mod to work with their back end.  As Epoch has become more popular, their priority on attention and speed in matters dealing with the Epoch servers has increased.  Most updates are out within days of the public release now.

i am a noob from a techinical standpoint.  Modifying or adding anything to the game is difficult.  This does not bother me, as stock Epoch is great, i have no desire to change it, but it needs to be considered by anyone else who may move in custom directions.

• 1 month later...

I would not recommend HFB at all, it may be fairly cheap but horrendous customer support. I've had many ticket responses being vague, or questions back to me but the ticket comes up both answered and took about 2-3 days for a response. I can't waste all that time waiting for a ticket response just to get a question that I need to reply the answer to and wait another 2-3 days. I have not had 1 problem fixed by them. Looking into DayzPriv, so far looks great.

• 1 month later...

Wanted to add i'm renting from GTX ang omg fast emails that fix nothing.  They really need a person or 2, not happy with them atm they do not offer any help it seems just told me to go to the forums.  Well here i am and oh look where i stopped...  WTB better suport.

I have used dayz.st and I personally thought it was garbage. It was like 6 months ago though. There was no control, it was overly complicated, and it went down with out my control. I just bought a NFOserver unmanaged. It costs 60 bucks a month for a quad core, 4gbs of ram 400gb hard drive, and 4tbs of connection. It took me a little longer to set it up, but getting right into the server and controlling everything is a 1000 times better then any thing these pre made servers offer you. I was gonna buy an other of the pre made, in till i saw they all run a old version of epoch. As it stands now I run it with DZAI, and have learned from setting it up and all the other stuff how some of the code works ect. If you dont have the time to figure out how to setup a server on a unmanaged box, then i wouldent recommend getting into admin of a server anyways. If you ever get alot of people, managing the people will be 1000 times harder then working with the code. 

Any ways there isnt any lag, when I want to reset the server I can, if i want to add 100 players i can, if i want 50 i can. If i want to switch from dayz epoch to dayz or any other mod they come out with i can. I can host a team speak server with no extra money. If i want to switch to 1942 is82 i can, if i want bf4 i can, if i want mine craft i can. One more thing i would like to add to this is this, I like having the easy feature of backing up my server every 20 mins, and with 2 clicks, it puts the server back 20 mins. Also its really not that difficult to set up. I mean it can be, one problem I was having was trying to get Be rcon password set up for gotcha. Which on the premades its already set up and done. What i kept doing was saving the fine BEserver.cfg cause everything i found told me to do that. What i didnt know is that windows was saving a text file beserver.cfg.txt. So i just found a .cfg backed it up, and rewrote it to the rcon password and renamed it beserver.cfg.

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to come back now that I have rented from them a while and say, GTX is treating us pretty well.  They quick to respond va email, easy TCadmin, phpMyAdmin, nevicat, control.  And the server is lag free and stable. 

http://gtxgaming.co.uk/    Not too bad guys, Great prices, great admin abilities.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the wall but GTX is really bad for us as far as Epoch goes, just...bad.  Survial servers was better till they tried to charge us for putting in scripts we had and could do ourselves!... just Bad.  Vilayer  is who we go through, and I am super happy with them. Sometimes you have to pay bit more for the better service.  Great at helping you with anything, unlimited files excess, in a word Better.

Sorry for the wall but GTX is really bad for us as far as Epoch goes, just...bad.  Survial servers was better till they tried to charge us for putting in scripts we had and could do ourselves!... just Bad.  Vilayer  is who we go through, and I am super happy with them. Sometimes you have to pay bit more for the better service.  Great at helping you with anything, unlimited files excess, in a word Better.

I will disagree with you on this one Gank. I know that there have been a lot of issues this past month, but it is not GXT it is all the Epoch updates that have been killing me.

I have even had a Skype session with one of the managers on a issues I was having. He fixed the issue right in front of me on his screen. 

They get back to me the same day I send in a ticket every time. I really like GXT and they just opened a new US server this past month that is running great. I have had ST, HBH, and DayzPrev before and so far GXT is the best server I have used. It does take a bit of getting used to when working on adding mods, but just like with every server there is a small learning curve that is no problem after a bit.

Again I would take a look at GXT.

Thanks

FrenzyFire000

I will disagree with you on this one Gank. I know that there have been a lot of issues this past month, but it is not GXT it is all the Epoch updates that have been killing me.

I have even had a Skype session with one of the managers on a issues I was having. He fixed the issue right in front of me on his screen. 

They get back to me the same day I send in a ticket every time. I really like GXT and they just opened a new US server this past month that is running great. I have had ST, HBH, and DayzPrev before and so far GXT is the best server I have used. It does take a bit of getting used to when working on adding mods, but just like with every server there is a small learning curve that is no problem after a bit.

Again I would take a look at GXT.

Thanks

FrenzyFire000

how can it be epoch updates killing them when their servers fail from not loading arma functions?

We tend to stay active on the forum and are very much an Epoch-oriented host. As for reviews, check out our dayzmod thread.

ROFL ... i hope ppl read the last pages first