Custom loadouts based on time spent

Quadlicous

Question

Okay so what am looking for is my server to automaticly give players custom loadouts and/or other stuff for the time they have played on the server for example:
Lets say a guy called Mark plays on the server for 5 hours now what i want to do is reward him with a custom load out every time he spawns or to give him permission to buy more stuff from traders

(and by time they have played on the server i mean the lifetime spent on the server)
So is this possible or not?

6 answers to this question

The only way I see this as a possibilty is if you use custom queries to manage the time the player is alive as well as a custom column in the database to store the data. I had a similar idea of using player lifetimes to achieve stuff but was unable to find any useful information regarding custom queries. But if you can find information on how to execute them to read/write to the database then you can easily implement such a system.

Correct me if I'm wrong but 

(player getVariable['dayz_Survived', 0])

would not work with loadouts since loadouts are give when you respawn, and this counts how long it's been since you respawned. So theoretically it's not doable?

You're right, all time keeping vars would be 0 when a new player is created. You would need to edit the player saving to count total time played on all characters.