i'm going crazy(scripts)

Chewy

Question

Hi all 

i have rented a server for almost 2 weeks now but i cant get it to set-up properly

what i aiming for is this

Tow/Lift

SelfBloodbag

Ai missions

a couple of custom bases/towns

infistar antihax

now i have downloaded the comkpleet repack from xstreamgaming.net/ 

so i just move those maps into the root of the server and overwrite the current.

go into server and every thing is working so i go instal infistar with the controlpanel of the server.

then the trouble starts 

when joining i have to type 8 times my infistar admin password before i join instead of 1 time when every thing is stock.

and the biggest problem is when somebody died or get killed you will just spawn fully geared and on the same spot where you died.

i have it installed different ways 

dayz epoch

infistar

infistar update

battleye

script repack

dayz epoch

script pack

infistar

infistar update

battleye

it wont make a difference 

just stock dayz epoch with infistar just works only bec will be broke(cant login as admin)

when stock dayz epoch with scripts repack(without infistar) everything works 

does somebody have a solution??

sorry for my really bad english its hard for me to explain it 

hope you guys can help me

thanks

Richard

7 answers to this question

Script packs or repacks or whatever you might want to call them are a bad idea. They sometimes contain code that isn't updated to the latest epoch patches and hence break the server. It is why its now a taboo on the epoch forums to post such packs. Here is the relevant developer post regarding it -

All what you want on the server can easily be done by yourself. Its not hard and you could have saved those two weeks of trying to get the pack working by just taking a few days out to add each of those things in by yourself. I know a guy who has never seen code in his life manage to add in Sarge AI, self bloodbag and EMS in. So that should tell you how simple the instructions are.

Script packs or repacks or whatever you might want to call them are a bad idea. They sometimes contain code that isn't updated to the latest epoch patches and hence break the server. It is why its now a taboo on the epoch forums to post such packs. Here is the relevant developer post regarding it -

All what you want on the server can easily be done by yourself. Its not hard and you could have saved those two weeks of trying to get the pack working by just taking a few days out to add each of those things in by yourself. I know a guy who has never seen code in his life manage to add in Sarge AI, self bloodbag and EMS in. So that should tell you how simple the instructions are.

yea you are totally right, done with work i go home a roll a big one and dive into the numbers

oke so far i got SBB chernarus missions and Sarge Ai working

only problem is the AI of the cherna missions are dumd  i can stand in de middle of the field and they dont shoot me??

where i shot down a heli and that ai just shoot me right away

should it be like this ??? or am i missing something

Sarge AI have a config file so you can change the settings. They also come as heroes, survivours and bandits. I have stood in the middle of a group of heroes and none shot at me so yes it is probably working as it should. Theres a youtube video on how to configure it. Maybe search for that and learn how you can change it to do what you wish.

Sarge AI have a config file so you can change the settings. They also come as heroes, survivors and bandits. I have stood in the middle of a group of heroes and none shot at me so yes it is probably working as it should. Theres a youtube video on how to configure it. Maybe search for that and learn how you can change it to do what you wish.

yea heros do there own thing but i meant the chernarus missions AI is poor.

Sarge Ai shoots you really fast and well placed shots

but i have my server running now waiting for people to join and test it on large scale.

I use WAI now can i merge SargeAI with it and is it also possible that there is less SargeAI spawning, because i don't like it when i'm alone and all of a sudden

3 / 4 groups spawns around me with a distance of 300/400 meter.

server is going well so far

SBB

WickedAI 17xx

Tow lift load (kicked when dropping car fixed it but i need to check it)

custom map

crash helis (i put in more 15*60 but haven't see them yet)

Snapbuild (also not tested yet because im early into game)

custom debug 

TSW anti cheat

i didn't get any error when i joined like i'm missing something

so i think all is good

thanks

Richard

The SARGE AI has settings for friendly and hostile, also humanity gain/loss for kills of certain types

If you are a new spawn or have positive humanity, the Soldier and Survivor AI will leave you alone until you engage a member of their group. Bandits will always attack you.

The patrol choppers will shoot at you once you humanity reaches a certain low level, i think around -2500. The bandit, Soldier, Survivor AI all have an associated humanity loss/gain for killing them. You lose a lot per kill for survivors and soldiers and gain very little for killing bandits.. so it's very easy with the sarge ai to drop your humanity levels but difficult to increase them.

All of the settings can be adjusted, from the ammount of humanity gained/lost to whether or not certain units are hostile or friendly. You can make them all friendly or make them all hostile. You just need to edit the correct variables in the correct scripts in the SARGE pack.