How do I add buildings?

XOIIO

Question

Hey all, I am trying to make a base for myself, I spent a day going through tutorials, finding outdated stuff, eventually getting to the Arma II built in editor, and after spending a long time finding what I wanted in there, and building a couple bases to get the right feel, I saved the mission, copied the mission.sqf over to my server replacing the one that is already there, and nothing changed. The server started but when I went to that location nothing was there, which is frustrating since I spent all that time on nothing.

How can I edit my existing server mission file to add stuff to the Chernarus map?

I have seen a couple mentions of a server.pbo but my server is not set up like that, I can't recall the tutorial, but I have a main folder with a bunch of files with instance_etc_mapname, and batch files for each one, at the actual mission is in a mpmissions folder, the folder being instance_11_chenarus, inside I have init.sqf, mission.sqf, mission.sqm and a couple other files.

The editor did not make a mission.sqm, is that perhaps part of the issue?

I noticed there are new entries in the changelog, so I feel I should update my server anyways, can anyone point to a good tutorial with a simple way to set it up new that would work well to add buildings?

2 answers to this question

copied the mission.sqf over to my server replacing the one that is already there

You don't do that :o

Read several times until you fully understand it.

You want your content server side for several reasons and optimized, it's all in that gem of a post by Poncho :)

You don't do that :o

Read several times until you fully understand it.

You want your content server side for several reasons and optimized, it's all in that gem of a post by Poncho :)

I found the server.pbo file under Epoch Server\@DayZ_Epoch_Server\addons, but I have no init folder, unless that is in the server.pbo?