changing clothes kills player

Achmed

Question

Currently we are having a problem where changing clothes kills the player.

To the player when they change clothes it looks like they are knocked out with out a timer however you can hide there body like they have died etc. They are also no longer shown in infistar admin menu.

The only think they can do is alt F4 to exit and then reconnect. When they reconnect they spawn at the same location with all of the same gear except from they are not wearing the clothes that they tried to change into.

All of the mods installed were installed with 1.0.3.1 and it was not a problem then.

The only mod that i can think of related to changing clothes in anyway is take clothes and i have tried disabling this and it still happens.

I'm using sauerland and it is correctly updated to 1.0.4

anyone else noticed this?

22 answers to this question

have just had it happen and went to the rpt to check. this is whats shown in the rpt log

0:47:05 "nil player object attempting PV, :["123456789","Rainbow Dash[1825Admin]"]"
 0:47:05 "get: STRING (123456789), sent: STRING (123456789)"
 0:47:05 "DISCONNECT: Rainbow Dash[1825Admin] (123456789) Object: B 1-1-H:1 (Rainbow Dash[1825Admin]) REMOTE, _characterID: 97 at loc [22122.8,23398.1,0.0015564]"
 0:47:05 Client: Remote object 6:58 not found
 0:47:05 Client: Remote object 6:75 not found

We also have this problem on our server. Player gets disconnected from the server when it happens. This bug is ballbreaking!

Edit: Did you try changing clothes on the south part of the map? I somehow managed to do it without problems down south, but started having problems doing it up north

Same!

And the player doesnt get killed btw, full blood, bassed out, broken leg, no hourglass, and the player is actually no longer in the game (aborting will and tryign to reconnect  from the lobby will lead to a 0kb mission file, and the game never loading).

This seems to be a specific Sauerland problem somehow

ok, update, one of my players helped me test this, here is the error i found in the server.rpt

"ERROR: server_playerSync: Cannot Sync Player Larri [2514]. Position in debug! [12547.4,-5866.05,0.00143433]"

it seems as tho this is a server/database sync issue

i am still looking into this, PLEASE, put your findings here

It's happening on my Takistan server, about 50% of the time for some players, and for other players it happens all the time. It's not just Sauerland.  The problem isn't only because it annoys players (and admins alike), but some are exploiting the bug and duping briefcases and other items.  Which is problematic because I don't have the admin resources to constantly monitor people to see if they're duping purposefully.

I'm running Epoch Takistan 1.0.4.2 with infiSTAR on HFBServers

Bump: 

Disabling Infistars antihack fixed the problem for me.

Yes, can confirm that it is happening on Epoch Takistan. Using infistars latest also. #329

Fixed by removing negative value in mission.sqm. Changed clothes hundred of times with no problems.

Bump: 

Yes, can confirm that it is happening on Epoch Takistan. Using infistars latest also. #329

Fixed by removing negative value in mission.sqm. Changed clothes hundred of times with no problems.

hate when people do this, "fixed by changing something somewhere"

Bump: 

Hey Rc_Robio, which negative values? The coordinates where the debug box is on the map?  I've compared with other maps' mission.sqm's where the bug doesn't occur (I also run Panthera, Napf, Namalsk all without the bug).  But Takistan doesn't have any obvious negative values that can be changed to "fix" the problem.

Could you please elaborate what you changed?

Thanks in advance!

I just set up a Takistan server a couple days ago and I've changed my clothes twice and both times I broke my legs and went unconcious. The first time, I had to relog, and when I did, my body was there but I was standing there over it like I was before the change. Then, I installed what is supposed to be a fix for duping with backpacks () and when I changed my clothes (and dropped my backpack), I broke my legs, went unconcious and had to relog. When I respawned, I had no backpack but this time there was no body, so I guess the no duping part was fixed, but my backpack was gone and I broke my legs/became unconcious. Any help here?