'Arma2OA.exe stopped working." When I respawn.

TheEisbaer-SHIBE

So, I played Arma 2 OA for ~30mins. and no crash. Trying normal DayZ now.

-

The Server I play Epoch on are version 1.0.3, may this be the error?

-

Soooooo.. I tried normal DayZ on 2 Servers, the same happens, crash after I died and clicking Connect/Ok (I don't know) in the lobby to respawn.

I appreciate any help

-

Installing an older graphics driver didn't help either.

-

I noticed that I respawn somewhere else when I reconnect to the server, where I get the crash.

The RE spam you get seems odd. Never had that myself. Could also only find this on it http://opendayz.net/threads/extream-errors-in-my-rpt-ai-slow-to-respond-or-die.13586/ but that doesnt help much.

How do you launch your game to play epoch? Do you use Dayz Commander?

Also try removing these

C:\Users\YOUR NAME HERE\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\MPMissionsCache

They are just a cache of files so you don't have to redownload the mission file. Won't hurt your game. Will just make you redownload the mission file for whatever servers you play.

• 1 month later...

This was posted by one of my admins on our forums:

Quite a few people over the last few weeks have been asking for help with their game crashing on startup / at random moments in the game.

So i thought i'd share what worked for me :)

I hope these steps work as good for you as they do for me, but i can't guarantee this will work for you!

So basically for those of you that have problems with your game crashing on joining / starting up the game, try adding the following line in your startup parameters on dayz commander under settings: -malloc=system

For those of you that crash ingame at random moments, go to your Battleye folder and manually delete all files in there and "verify game cache" on steam which then should *renew* your battleye files and sort the problem (only works for those of you who have steam). For me, my Battleye folder is under: E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye

If all that doesn't work, you may want to do a fresh install of Arma 2 and Epoch and repeat the steps above.

In case any of you reading this have other useful tips, please share! :D

Hope this helped and good luck!

This crashing to desktop started few weeks ago. There has to be something battleye related in this problem as I have not changed anything since this started. -malloc=system doesn't help. I think that nowdays arma is using windows memory allocators anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this issue as well but it isn't limited to Epoch. Try a few things like setting your Additional parameters in DayZ Commander to -malloc=system also try deleting your cache. One thing I did was use Six Updater to make sure everything was updated correctly. I then updated my video drivers and used the nvidia control panel to change my video settings to a lower quality. I also deleted the BattleEyeClient.dll file. After doing this I had one crash but was able to get in 2 times out of 3.