Hacker Solutions?

Mattman

Just curious how everyone is dealing with the hackers other than whitelisting or password protecting your servers?

I've started running a modified version of PyBEscanner which has helped me spend more time playing and less time searching logs, but Battleye bypass hacks aren't seen.

#1 - what do you use for server protection?

#2 - Is there any way a program can actually catch teleporters? (that works)

#3 - Are there any programs or scripts that can ban based off a blacklist of items? (not createvehicle, but actual inventory items)

Thanks for any help

Anyone looking to purchase should keep in mind that the BE filters that you are given are for vanilla DayZ and therefore have ALOT of exemptions to make. Something as simple as changing skins needs an exemption in playerchange.txt for each and every skin that is found in Epoch. If you think about all of the things found in Epoch not found in vanilla DayZ as well as all the things players are able to do, and combine that with any script additions you want to add and it gets pretty overwhelming. I've been testing for 3 days now and am probably not even 50% of the way through

Also something I wasn't aware of, purchasing any level of the AH besides the $50 pro gets no updates or hotfixes whatsoever.

If you had a $50 Single Use Paid-For Antihack.. one would think this would replace BE and you could turn it off...

Question when you purchase this do you agree to any sort of EULA? If not.. there is no chance I am buying this.. as if he decides tomorrow to leave gaming and venture into the Big Blue... I would feel robbed.

I love the idea of Anti-hacks and kudos for those that spend the time to make them.. however it takes talent to write a hack. The same or new talent could just do it again.. and again.. and again.. 

From my understanding it's not so much an antihack as it is an admin tool similar to bluephoenix  but loaded server side so it's not as vulnerable to exploits and a bunch of custom written BE filters to check for different script injectors. Can't quite remember about the EULA, the updates get leaked periodically if you know where to look though. Sadly the best antihacks are one's that you don't really hear about because anyone able to purchase an antihack on the general market can also purchase it with the intent to look for loopholes in the code.

So this will stop a lot of script kids.. which is great.. not worth the money asked for in my opinion..

I have seen anti-virus programs with 5-10 year subscriptions cheaper..

Bottom line is Its almost impossible to stop a real Hacker.. this may be a anal plug to stop leakage (Shit dribbling script employing children) but its not an "Anti-Hack"

The best way to stop hacks is by Obfuscation, ie change your basic variables and dont tell people what anti hack mods you run.  Custom tailor your battleeye scripts and basically they have to code a specific hack tool for your server.

I appreciate all the feedback! I agree with Bungle, paid hacks are a little sketchy. Hackers writing the anti hacks means they know what they are doing but they give their hacks out for free to increase the need for the anti hacks they sell. Sounds a lot like radar detector companies selling law enforcement radar guns.

I can understand why some servers may want the "Best" protection available. If you are doing this for a business or something, but those of us that do this for free just for the enjoyment are upside down.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm whining. Thanks again for everyones input.

• 2 weeks later...

And none of this matters if any of the hacks use a battleye bypass, and are injected via memory. No way to stop those, and those hacks are usually not released to public until something is wrong with them. That's when the script kiddies download them chock full of viruses and go troll servers. There is no way to detect and stop a real hacker with the arma2 engine the way it is and the antihack being worse than punkbuster (the worst anti-cheat tool i can think of!).

Most of these "admin" tools are repurposed hacks that allow a legal form of cheating when abused by admins, and create loop holes for hackers to attack your server. Most "anti-hacks" are created by hackers/former hackers, that write hacks, release them, while selling 'anti-hacks' to stop the hacks that they themselves released. They charge insane prices for something that is basically open source, and its a brilliant business model (really a scheme) to collect money from those who have not learned how to protect their server themselves. I know of a anti-hack creator that has made nearly $6k of his tool. Doubt they are reporting income, there are not a real business, just someone at a PC on the internet.

So in the end, its up to you to decide. Put the time in to learn how to protect against it like vbgreen said, or lock server password it, or risk paying these characters over the internet for some home brew code with the risk that it may or may not be easy for you to implement or get updates when you want to change something with your server, and risk them stopping development. If they are is someone you know and trust, go with your gut feeling to decide.