Hacker disabled all admins and moderators from connecting.

SupremeHorse

Anti-Hack: Infistar

Host: Dedicated Server Box run by Vilayer

Today, our moderators were spectating a player they thought seemed suspicious and upon starting to spectate, the player somehow knew instantly, typed "?" In side channel, and kicked them from the server, leaving only our players on.

Our moderators banned the player via Rcon but were unable to reconnect, receiving the error, "Bad version, server rejected connection."

We've tested and are able to connect to all our others servers and even our backup of the same server on another server box.

This is only happening to our admins and moderators.

Please Help.

Hacker info:

Name: FeaR

IP: 75.170.175.17

GUID: 04d5fb1a6271159ef3a3d13a31a88a20

UID: 138635590

so whats your solution? no antihack ?

I just use what comes with Epoch. I use Big Brother Bot (B3) for admin functions like warn, kick and ban (As well as server messages). I can't say I've ever seen a hacker on my server. Hackers would generally be using their hacks to kill other players, so if someone was killing other players, they'd be banned via B3 and they couldn't do anything to avoid that.

I just use what comes with Epoch. I use Big Brother Bot (B3) for admin functions like warn, kick and ban (As well as server messages). I can't say I've ever seen a hacker on my server. Hackers would generally be using their hacks to kill other players, so if someone was killing other players, they'd be banned via B3 and they couldn't do anything to avoid that.

Don't take this wrong, but you're a whitelisted server with very few players which is the reason you've likely never seen hackers.

Running a 50/50 server and dealing with some of the headaches from players will make you appreciate the tools even though they were written by someone who used to write hacks.

Don't take this wrong, but you're a whitelisted server with very few players which is the reason you've likely never seen hackers.

Running a 50/50 server and dealing with some of the headaches from players will make you appreciate the tools even though they were written by someone who used to write hacks.

My point is that you're using the same tools the hackers are using. As such, they know how to bypass and exploit them. By using B3, they can't control kicking and banning. They can't prevent themselves from being banned and they can't ban anyone else.

I've run game servers for 10 years now and until Dayz, I've never seen a game server admin running hacks to combat hacks. I think most admins are using them to give themselves an advantage with their ability to spawn vehicles and loot, teleport themselves, etc, rather than actually to combat cheaters. If these "tools" simply provided antihacking functions, like detecting scripts, vehicles being spawned in, players teleporting, etc, I'd give them a little more respect, but in the end, for many admins that run them, they are simply tools of convenience because they don't want to play the game like everyone else. Just my $.02, not saying that is the case with you, but it's just the way it looks to someone that doesn't use them.