Add AI Patrols to Official

MadMartyr

I've added AI patrols to my server, and I think they've added a whole new dimension to the server.  I think they would make a neat addition (perhaps as a configurable option) to the official release.  Currently, my AIs and the Zeds interact and fight, and my AI patrols are also set to attack players.  I have a couple of patrols that scour the entire map, and a few in high-value places.

I won't post the link to the script that I use, as I'm unsure of how the forum rules apply in this instance, but I'm curious as to whether this might be something you guys might consider.

EDIT:  That's what I get for not searching.  This has been suggested with Sarge's AI, but I use Morox & Sycosis AI mod, and it's been great thus far.  Not as much fine-tuning available as Sarge's I've heard, but it's a good quick addition.

Feel free to post it, I wouldn't mind checking it out. Even if we don't end up putting it in, I'm sure you could make a kickass thread on how to set it up so anyone would be able to use it if they liked.

Here's the link to it, and the instructions are there and fairly self-explanatory.  I corrected a couple of things in the thread and he updated the OP to reflect that.  On the fifth page, if I remember correctly, I also posted a listing of world coordinates for cities in Chernaurus that I found elsewhere on those same forums that some people may find useful.

http://opendayz.net/threads/morox-ai-sycosis-simple-ai-mod.9354/

I did :D added sarge AI with this awesome epoch mod (plus some rmod features xp), works wonderfully as it is triggered dynamicaly (the chances for them to spawn, group sizes, armor factor etc can be tuned)

Some of the goodies in using sarge AI framework :-

1. Spawn chances 
2. Set their weapons by random chance

3. Set their loot with chances, for eg. ["FoodCanPasta",20] = make them carries that item by 20% chance

and the way they sometimes steal your car/heli xp its hilarious

Plus :- Theres 3 factions, Bandits, Military and Survivors with different ermm.. "playstyle"

Its easy to set up with no script conflicts  :D and doesnt take much resources on the server ^^ (can set despawn time if no player is around)

How is it working with 1.0.1 if anyone knows? Did you have to edit your BE for anything you added in? Or was it pretty compatible?

I would love a little help with a general script add on that puts in roaming AI with better than average loot maybe some $ on them and some city/ airport AI if anyone can help.

I did :D added sarge AI with this awesome epoch mod (plus some rmod features xp), works wonderfully as it is triggered dynamicaly (the chances for them to spawn, group sizes, armor factor etc can be tuned)

Some of the goodies in using sarge AI framework :-

1. Spawn chances 

2. Set their weapons by random chance

3. Set their loot with chances, for eg. ["FoodCanPasta",20] = make them carries that item by 20% chance

and the way they sometimes steal your car/heli xp its hilarious

Plus :- Theres 3 factions, Bandits, Military and Survivors with different ermm.. "playstyle"

Its easy to set up with no script conflicts  :D and doesnt take much resources on the server ^^ (can set despawn time if no player is around)

Can i get a copy of your misson.pbo?  

I hate how SARGE AI takes your stuff.  Watched my shiny new heli fly away and crash into a mountain.

If it becomes part of the mod can server owners shut it off?

You can turn off the vehicle commandeering in Sarge AI 

Turning on/off AI could be as easy as few // (Comment Remarks) inside the init.sqf and description.ext

Or if providers are clewed a some web form options to replace default init.sqf and mission files in the default mission.bpo and restart mission.

I hope if they move to add AI as a default they choose Sarge. Updated regularly and only adds optional suggestions/changes for server owners to choose if they want something.

Could even chuck the Dev's my config in development for Epoch.