MSVCP120.dll

TuBz

Question

Right just dived in lunchtime to install a few test servers with the latest 1.0.4 patch!

....was I the only one to get an error on start up of the server.. missing MSVCP120.dll

Best I go find out what that's all about...any Ideas for a quick and dirty fix.. before I have to go back to work?

13 answers to this question

interesting. am assuming was the 32bit version that fixed it ?

Would be nice if some 64bit capability was getting used.

We have the correct update installed however we are getting hive errors and not connection to the database. We are attempting to register the new dll files however it says that they are either not compatible if we use the registration service for 32 and if we use the registration service in the syswow64 folder it says that the dll is corrupt or not a dll. Any ideas where to go? The issue is with the new dll files because we can revert to 1.3.1 and it works fine.

Right.....Finally It's Running right....

GUYZ...the MSVCP120.dll.....MUST BE THE 86x 32bit version... if you have the 64 bit version the error message goes away BUT does not work!!!.. foolishly I was an early adopter and had gotten rid of the message with the 64 bit version on both servers so never thought the download I had was the wrong one...

Delete the MSVCP120.dll file from either or both win/system32 or syswow64 if it's 600k+ and replace it with the 32bit version thats only about 445k...Def cured both my home servers..

Now if only the install instructions for the new version had included this simple file in the first place!

Enjoy your servers guys.. I'm now off to destress...