(UPDATED 11-4-14)AI City Using Wicked AI/Mission system

Affraid

These would be awesome on Napf... Napf has a small airfield in the bottom right that a city would be great around... 

Yea was going to do something there when I had my NAPF server up. But server wasn't getting any traffic. So after a month I changed it  to Epoch Panthera And then server started to get some population. There isn't really any place good to build a city on Panthera so I just made the North West Island An AI Island with Weapon , Building & Lottery Crates with a Ton of AI. 

Hey Affraid

Thanks for all your hard work with this addon, it looks so nice! i have everything working but the AI wont spawn, im running sarge on my server but i would not think that would affect the WAI spawns. have you heard of this problem or anyone run into this? just wondering if i may have missed something, i did use your tut and followed it to a T!

any help on this would be great.

Thanks Kidney.

EDIT: P.S. I only used the WAI folder you had with the RAR file. coud this be my problem?

Hey Affraid

Thanks for all your hard work with this addon, it looks so nice! i have everything working but the AI wont spawn, im running sarge on my server but i would not think that would affect the WAI spawns. have you heard of this problem or anyone run into this? just wondering if i may have missed something, i did use your tut and followed it to a T!

any help on this would be great.

Thanks Kidney.

EDIT: P.S. I only used the WAI folder you had with the RAR file. coud this be my problem?

I never used sarge AI , I would try just using the just the cords in the customspawn.sqf in the WAI folder. And use them to set up how ever you set up custom spawn points in the SARGE AI folder. 

I never used sarge AI , I would try just using the just the cords in the customspawn.sqf in the WAI folder. And use them to set up how ever you set up custom spawn points in the SARGE AI folder. 

Hey Affraid.

Thanks for getting back to me so quick! I did get them to work except the para drops but i see your para drops dont have a start point so thats probably it. All i had to do is just had to add the full WAI folder and turn off the missions. unfortunatly all the static WAI spawns cut the servers frames in half so I may have to remove it for now. but i would love to try out any other citys you have made! (any links would be great!) your addons are great and keep up the great work!

Thanks again.

Hey Affraid.

Thanks for getting back to me so quick! I did get them to work except the para drops but i see your para drops dont have a start point so thats probably it. All i had to do is just had to add the full WAI folder and turn off the missions. unfortunatly all the static WAI spawns cut the servers frames in half so I may have to remove it for now. but i would love to try out any other citys you have made! (any links would be great!) your addons are great and keep up the great work!

Thanks again.

Here is a link to the other city I have done. There is an updated version of it if you want it . And Thank You 

Hi Affraid, I've followed the instructions but every time i put in

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\ai.sqf";

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\lottery.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\addons\buildingsupplys.sqf",

my server will not authenticate, it tries several times and then just says you must be stuck beside a rock. I remove those 3 lines from the server_functions and it boots up without an issue.

my server will not authenticate, it tries several times and then just says you must be stuck beside a rock. I remove those 3 lines from the server_functions and it boots up without an issue.

try loading it up with one at a time and see how it goes. they maybe a problem with one of the files. If you find out what one it is let me know. I'll look at the file again. 

Yea was going to do something there when I had my NAPF server up. But server wasn't getting any traffic. So after a month I changed it  to Epoch Panthera And then server started to get some population. There isn't really any place good to build a city on Panthera so I just made the North West Island An AI Island with Weapon , Building & Lottery Crates with a Ton of AI. 

Would you be able to quickly tell me how to make this change for NAPF, either on the south airfield like suggested above or the very north eastern island.

Also I have WAI mission running on my server will it work along side this static WAI?

• 1 month later...

Hi Affraid, Im very new to hosting Server and im doing with GamingDeluxe, in which has a file manager.

I think your AI city, is an innovation to Epoch, and it really makes the mod now standout and its designed brilliantly. 

Im not entirely sure where to put the info. Ive read the information in the readmefile and ive tried my best following that information, but with no luck. 

If its possible and not to much hassle, if you could explain a little more for me where things need to go, For someone whos new to this its difficult and when mistakes are made it makes it even harder to find and correct them. im sure others who are new will find it helpful too. 

Many Thanks, Jake

Jake,

I created a folder in my mpmission/instance section called buildings & put the map addition In there & then at the bottom of your init.sqf call it with the line

[] execVM "buildings\yourfilename.sqf";

At that to the bottom & this should work, this is how I've done mine, I'm also with gaming deluxe & have many additions :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey can you put instruction on how to install on DZMS Mission please.

Got to the thread on how to install DZMS and then take the cords from my WAI file in customspawns.sqf and copy and past the cords to the DZMS custom spawn file. I don't have custom spawns set up on my DZMS script , Sorry

• 2 weeks later...

hey great script i love it :D

One problem i seem to have is that the weapon crates (not the lottery or building caches) but the other ones seem to have 100 of each ammo in them, 5 of each gun, even some banned items on my server igla ammo at 80, and loads of other stuff at 100 + each, any ideas on how i can fix this?

Edit: Some of the class names of these boxes that are causing this problem are

TKBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1

TKVehicleBox_EP1

TKBasicWeapons_EP1

USVehicleBox

USBasicAmmunitionBox

UNBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1

UNBasicWeapons_EP1

hey great script i love it :D

One problem i seem to have is that the weapon crates (not the lottery or building caches) but the other ones seem to have 100 of each ammo in them, 5 of each gun, even some banned items on my server igla ammo at 80, and loads of other stuff at 100 + each, any ideas on how i can fix this?

Edit: Some of the class names of these boxes that are causing this problem are

TKBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1

TKVehicleBox_EP1

TKBasicWeapons_EP1

USVehicleBox

USBasicAmmunitionBox

UNBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1

UNBasicWeapons_EP1

Those crates can be edited in the WAI folder. Thats the basic config from The WAI mod

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I use Vilayer and have to load these files client side, Create a folder in your main mission folder called "map", put these three files in the new directory and add the following to init.sqf 

[] execVM "map\aicity.sqf";

[] execVM "map\lottery.sqf";

[] execVM "map\buildingsupplys.sqf"

Its the only way it works for me.

on another note, I don't know if anyone else has noticed that the first three static ammo boxes spawn in Petrovka

_box = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[4831.2842,12611.358,0.0001373291], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

[_box] call spawn_ammo_box;

_box2 = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[4995.4277,12549.098,3.0517578e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

[_box2] call spawn_ammo_box;

_box3 = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[4876.9639,12451.535,1.0297287], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

[_box3] call spawn_ammo_box;

_box4 = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[9982.2695, 13138.383, 0.00044250488], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

[_box4] call spawn_ammo_box;

_box5 = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[9853.6221, 13330.602, 0.00025939941], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

[_box5] call spawn_ammo_box;

_box6 = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[9611.2559, 13856.357, 0.00021362305], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

[_box6] call spawn_ammo_box;

_box7 = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[9468.4932, 12870.192, 7.6293945e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

[_box7] call spawn_ammo_box;

Affraid  , Cant get the AI to work with newest version on WAI. I have a Skalisty Mission using WAI it works fine .. cant see to get either Qdoba or AI city to spawn the AI, get the crates.. but no ai ..
Using 1.05.1 and WAI  2.1.4 

Have also tried using the working Skalicty AI mission file that is working, and moved your grid refs to it .. still get nothing