Feeback-Thread

howitzer

I'm loving the map so far, great work to all involved. My only suggestions would be to place grocery stores and/or hospitals in the medium-sized towns and perhaps a few small industrials as well. Most of the non-cities I've been to seem to have almost nothing but residential with a few scattered farm buildings. Keep up the fantastic work guys.

Momo and flatterman, excellent job on this map. Very polished, professional, the best quality map I have seen in some time.

Suggestions:

-Develop south east of map a bit more, meaning more towns, more roads to reach them. (im sure this is already underway)

-More roads overall

-More islands, north east corner and south most region of the water on the map could use a few.

-RIVERS! And land bridges/more bridges! Every large map I have tried is missing these, which make boats even more useful. The ability to take a boat inland via a medium sized river, to a lake some place in the center of the map would be ACE! The peninsulas and bridges that already exist are amazing, but if a few of them fed to lakes or ponds inland, it would have a bit of that feel I got when I played lingor. Dynamic water levels rising and falling with heavy rain, closing off land bridges allowing boats to access more areas, while creating choke points on main road bridges that cross over the rivers. It would change how you play, based on dynamic weather which adds  a random element to the game play. Players who have a set routine of which routes to take will have to think twice with something like this in place on Napf. It doesn't have to be as extreme as lingor, but just a few more options for travel would be amazing.

Thanks for all your work thus far, and keep it up!

As said before, Map could have more Roads and Towns/Villages. South and South-East ist mostly avoided by players because nothing is there.

Only a idea, black dots are main roads, green dots stand for towns, this would make these areas more interesting ;)

I'm going to be loading up the map editor so I can add some stuff to the map on my server. Another hero trader, a couple bandit bases, maybe a new village or two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm absolutely loving this map, and I've hardly seen any of it. Thank God the server I play on (MGT) has recently started to host this map. I was depressingly bored of A2 Epoch before I started playing this. It's going to help with the horrendously long and uncertain wait for A3 Epoch to be released. Btw, anyone got a live link to the hand held footage of A3 Epoch?

The big cities in the north offer the type of gameplay that we saw in the early days of DayZ. Remember when you had to creep around Cherno or Elektro in fear of rooftop snipers?

I also love the fact it's a German map, and I really think its creator is missing a trick with the lack of an underground secret Nazi bunker. Think A3 on Namalsk.

There's a few bad bugs though, such as the stairs teleporting you to the bottom if you run up/down them. Also, the big warehouses have massless walls that you can fall through.

The big garages with the roll-up shutters. You can teleport outside in an instant. The stairs in fire houses and other buildings will teleport you to the bottom if you run up or down them. When you go into the cave down south, you can enter the map from underneath and run anywhere, only becoming apparent at sea level. But I haven't been able to reenact that one yet.

Tavianna had a spot where you could enter into the fabric of the map, it was at the road tunnel. 

Regarding the stairs glitch, I couldn't tell you if it's a placement issue or not, but you can see for yourself if you join the MGT Napf server.

A secret Nazi bunker under the southern mountains would be cool though. I can't see how Napf is Swiss when Switzerland is land locked, surely the only logical place it could be is northern Germany.

Well, some of the town names are the same, some are just similar or altered, but they aren't really placed in relation with each other in real life, and I doubt they really resemble anything of the real towns/cities.