Feeback-Thread

howitzer

Very nice map, respect for you Momo, we are going to use this once it is out with epoch.

The only thing i can say as a negative, is the huge unused terrain. As i fly by, i mostly have the feeling, that a forest or something is missing here. And im not talking about just the mountains... Forests, woods give the map that extra feeling what makes it really realistic looking and epic. I think this is the only thing what separates this map to be the best custom map.

By the way i'm thankful for the hard work you put in this project. ^_^

Edited by Axle
Pinned and altered thread title for others to feel free to post their experiences.

After players reported performance problems with Sauerland Map, we switched to this one, was a bit shocked about the size from the description (20.4km²). Its by far bigger, land mass is about 225km² (maybe a bit more or less).

This is a great Map! Great performance and design.

We love this beauty

there are several places with barracks, not limited to the airfields. By police stations you mean firestations?

There are also Police Stations on several other maps like Taviana. I do believe he might be mollified by having some sort of military spawns spread around a bit and Firestations do that. 

Thanks for all this posts. Maybe this thread could be pinned as Feeback-Thread?

I made a real fail in my map description, of course it's not 20.4km^2 but 20.4km*20.4km...

About the other suggestion: There are 5 places with baracks along the map and about seven Firestations in four/five towns. I won't militarize every city and village, Napf was a peaceful land. That said, there would be place for like two more barack spots, for example I once was thinking about turning Seltishafen in a small military harbour with like 2 baracks. However, you have also to consider that the map is rather big and more military places will spread the players out more, while now, if you want pvp, you will probably get it at the airfields. Also, it is always possible to add baracks in the mission file, but you cant delete them in the mission. So I rather would get more feedback on this topic. before changing anything.

Mountains won't get cities on the tops, it would be a rather bad place to life ;) There might come some sort of hotel on a mountain, but no promise there. First order of business is to finish the map (it almost is, but one little settlement at the end of the south coast road is missing.) After that, we will see...

Thanks, Momo, I like this map very much, the small villages and farms have a realistic feeling to them, reminding me of the hamlets in the hilly area east of Munich where I lived for some time.

I'd not over-populate the map with villages or military installations, it would rob it of its charm - it's big enough to have some peaceful scenery - soon enough player built bases will sprout there ;-)

As for waterways - not every map needs to have every feature, it'd break character. One could perhaps have some more mini islands just big enough to build a house and land a Heli.

Nice, imo, would be some more single houses/barns/huts located at wilderness spots, they make for great mini bases.

I won't militarize every city and village, Napf was a peaceful land. 

That would be why there are military spawns that are not full blown with multiple spawn points on them like the "guard houses". One of those in a tiny village gives a very low probability of something nice dropping and means you don't have to hit barracks to find something as simple as an AK you could be patient and hit all the one spawn military buildings and hope to get lucky. 

The new TEC warehouse indsutrial building offers Military loot as well, I think there are plenty of barracks on Napf at the moment.  I think it's well balanced at this time and offers enough of every kind of loot, if you know where to look and become familiar with the map.