General discussion about the map

falconsan

Were up and running but still under construction. Truely a awesome map and a real honor to be able to use it. Our visitors so far have all been enjoying this map and are quite happy with it. Thank you very much falconsan and were all axiously awaiting future updates as they come. And thank you Epoch team for adding support for this map to the epoch experience.

Actually, adding some caves in the quarry would be pretty awesome ;p

Caves don't work properly, you can make your own using the editor and 'MAP_R2_RockWall'

Like the tunnels Falconsan made.

The quarry is perfect how it is, roads need smoothed more than caves need adding.

I thought we'd have a map update with the new lake in 1.0.4.1 yet nothing changed.

Caves don't work properly, you can make your own using the editor and 'MAP_R2_RockWall'

Like the tunnels Falconsan made.

The quarry is perfect how it is, roads need smoothed more than caves need adding.

I thought we'd have a map update with the new lake in 1.0.4.1 yet nothing changed.

You can check his ch0angelog on his forum, i dont think he'll rush a new version everytime epoch does

You can check his ch0angelog on his forum, i dont think he'll rush a new version everytime epoch does

I did check and the changelog from1.70.02 haven't been added, that was released a couple of weeks ago now.

It was the new lake setup i thought would make it in the last Epoch update, players get trapped or killed there all the time, you can't climb back out.

The youtube video above looks like those problems have been fixed, because Sauerland is part of Epoch now the only map updates will come when a new Epoch version is released.

No, it doesn't come a new Sauerland Version at all updates of epoch will come. 

The error of the lake is known and will be changed to an broken DAM with a rest of the lake as ponds.

The Map will updated wit the next epoch update at the  14.th february, i think.

Two new Villages will come into the map and some bugfixes and new roads.

regards

Hi falco,

you do a great job on this map! But its far away from status finished. Had this map running several days on my server, but nearly all ppl find this too empty so i switched to NAPF. You announce many new things/areas, thats wrong in my eyes, finish the empty areas first.

Take your time, in half year this is one of the best maps. Actually compared to Napf is 4/9

• 8 months later...

Just wanted to say thanks for this map - I'm standing up my dedicate server this weekend. My previewing of the map makes me wonder why more aren't running it.

Anyways, I'm wondering if there are any suggestions from other server admins concerning settings, etc?

I think, there where to many bugs in the first release version and no one  will give my map a second Chance, but i never give up and made massive changes at  the map. In the Moment, i rework some little Towns to german style.

I think, there where to many bugs in the first release version and no one  will give my map a second Chance, but i never give up and made massive changes at  the map. In the Moment, i rework some little Towns to german style.

I liked the look of your new models, can't wait for that to be released - if 1.0.5.2 or whatever the next version of Epoch is. I'd like to use the download, but that requires the players to have it also, correct?

Anyways, going live with Sauerland on Sunday - I can't wait!