General discussion about the map

falconsan

I love the double roads (2 roads next to eachother), if this could be on more places, it would give some illusion of being able to go around the map faster.

yes, but the Highway is at the original place so it will be only this one at  the map. I won't overload the map :)

regards

I was looking into the map size for the map centrum, and concluded that the map size is 25,5 x 25,5 km2, which is 650.25 k2. Making the center be at 12750,12750,0?

I'm just strying to get this straight for my center marker :P

class Item0
		{
			position[]={12750,0,12750};
			name="center";
			type="Empty";
		};

Does this look correct to you? 

Hello and thx for your positive/negative feedback. Here some infos:

The map is still WIP, so that some regions not filled with nature or other stuff. The lake will be at this moment totaly reworked. The shores of the lake where more flatten, a road called B55 will go along the lake. Some touristsplaces will insert near the lake, a waterfalll will be implemented, so if  i can finish the model just in time.
A new town will be created near the lake and some things at the Quarry will reworked.

I have a many ideas for my map. Some examples:
- an abandoned theme park is planned
- a little abandoned zoo will be made
- a brewery will be implemented
- Some ski-lifts will be build in, so the Sauerland region is in reallife a wintersports region
- The Highway A46 will be pimped up.
- more "Scenarios" will come and some more stuff.

Remember: I am a one man team. I made the Map, the models, the textures all by my own, so that it can take some time to finish the map. I must work, have family  and so on.  So i do my best... 

You may be curious! 

regards

I think its best to take your time with it. At the moment it looks and feels really great, I know its for dayz, but I have been looking at it from a arma2 viewpoint and it can easily be used for that too. Anyway, family always comes first and must always be the case, I'm sure all the players that use your map will understand that it takes lots of time.

The plans you have for your map sound great, hope you manage to implement them over time.

I've been having a really good look around the map, and I think its going to be up in my top 10 best maps (I have around 250-300 now), its a really well put together project, first class. It also performs very well for quite a heavy subject i.e. lots of foilage, tree's, cities etc, but still gives very good fps, even in the large cities.

Great work.

:)