Bughunting

falconsan

Please report found bugs here in this Style:

Description: description of the found bug

Coordinates: you can post here the ingame coords or the worldspacecoords

Picture: if you have a Screenshot from the bug, post it here, but remember: resize the Pic to max 640 x 480 px.

regards

It's not really that kind of bug, but the server spams the rpt at startup with this:

20:40:12 ca\buildings\posed.p3d: house, config class missing
20:40:14 ca\buildings\posed.p3d: house, config class missing

and a bunch more of these. Hopefully you can do something with this, 
We are almost done making our own trader cities for Sauerland , and going public once epoch update has arrived.

It's not really that kind of bug, but the server spams the rpt at startup with this:

20:40:12 ca\buildings\posed.p3d: house, config class missing
20:40:14 ca\buildings\posed.p3d: house, config class missing

and a bunch more of these. Hopefully you can do something with this, 
We are almost done making our own trader cities for Sauerland , and going public once epoch update has arrived.

Right, i know this bug, but it is not dangerous. You can ignore this message, so Bohemia said.  You can dissable errorreporting at your server, 

regards

Hi guys I was playing on your server with a friend, but today we can not go, we-words you are not a white list, but on the forum I have not found a theme to add a list, who can help me? CROC and RasteR   :D ty!   my skype Croc89  and my eng not good T_T 

For some reason, Epoch really really likes these coordinates for spawning vehicles:  

5:33:29 "DEBUG: Too many vehicles at [3553.74,3589.4]"

I see a lot of vehicles trying to spawn here. Any idea what could be causeing this? I never had this error on one position all the time on panthera or chernarus.. (300 vehicle limit)

I dont know where to post this but i got everything installed and the launch command but when im about to get in the server it kicks me in the lobby,i was playing fine before.Maybe its my ping idk its around 120ish on my laptop so maybe u could increase the limit a little?

I dont know where to post this but i got everything installed and the launch command but when im about to get in the server it kicks me in the lobby,i was playing fine before.Maybe its my ping idk its around 120ish on my laptop so maybe u could increase the limit a little?

On wich Server?

My Server have no limitations. Please contact the Serveradmin from the server where you play. we cant give some support for server.

regards

alright first time the dev server has been ported over to sauerland i'l.l keep my eye out for randomness as i explore

I'll try to hide thne...

On topic:

It seems that related to just Sauerland & Those coordinates. For some reason the majority of the object & player spawns happen there now, and I cannot figure out for what reason. Whenever 2 people are on that spot, it starts destroying all characters or something like that causing the server to just stop.

(We were driving around at first, no problems at all. Then I died testing somethng, spawned on that locaton. No problem yet. A second person dies, and server attempts spawning him on the same spot, and thats the last thing that happens).

The only "custom" thing is changed that could affect this is from my mission.sqm:

class Markers
	{
		items=28;
		class Item0
		{
			position[]={12750.01,123.456,12750.01};
			name="center";
			type="Empty";
		};
		class Item1
		{
			position[]={20386.512,0.16708441,-5038.5723};
			name="respawn_west";
			type="Empty";
		};
		class Item2
		{
			position[]={12750.01,0.456,12750.01};//OLD: {3158.79,0.001,1328.62};
			name="spawn0";
			type="Empty";
		};
		class Item3
		{
			position[]={3045.11,0.001,7978.04};
			name="spawn1";
			type="Empty";
		};
		class Item4
		{
			position[]={3805.14,0.001,13673.4};
			name="spawn2";
			type="Empty";
		};
		class Item5
		{
			position[]={6095.07,0.001,16708.301};
			name="spawn3";
			type="Empty";
		};
		class Item6
		{
			position[]={8232.5,0.002,22384.1};
			name="spawn4";
			type="Empty";
		};
		class Item7
		{
			position[]={10755.6,0.001,9300.8};
			name="spawn5";
			type="Empty";
		};
		class Item8
		{
			position[]={18222.4,0.001,4585.95};
			name="spawn6";
			type="Empty";
		};
		class Item9
		{
			position[]={19298.801,0.001,10847.6};
			name="spawn7";
			type="Empty";
		};
		class Item10
		{
			position[]={18282.4,0.001,18252.199};
			name="spawn8";
			type="Empty";
		};
	};

RPT Log:

http://pastebin.com/UwyKqUjT

HiveExt.log:

http://pastebin.com/jsYbbJLX

Edit:

I was reading this topic:

http://opendayz.net/threads/modifying-survivor-spawn-locations.25/

Could these coordinates be the Novy Sobor of Sauerland? Since everything seems to spawn on that point (vehicles, barricades, players)

Slight problem with the new world... lake... I found I can walk on the bottom.. and there was a sheep walking besides me:) also in the quarry lots of places you can walk into the rocks and hide.. some places big enough for a small car or tent maybe:)...

@Tubz: if i go into the lake, i begin to swimm. The going thru the rocks or into it, is a problem of the rockmodel from BI. This was in other Maps possible, too. Sorry for that. The Rocks not my fault.

@Randmoness: Remember, that the Serverfiles not official released, so that the server can be unstable or doing things, that not wanted. With Epoch 1.04, the servers will run fine, i think. Change some Spawnpoints out of the lake region or quarry region, otherwise you can spawn into a rock or on the ground of the lake and server crashes.

Some errors cant be reproduced at my server or system, so that i cant verify these bugs, but i will have an eye on it.

tubz server is probably a mish mash of sauerland / vanilla dayz and mortal kombat if i know him ;)

even now the hospital roof bug still exists, surely not a biggy ? besides a hidden mountain base sounds cool to me.

Thats the reason why i have the Dev-/Bughuntingserver installed, so that i can make a live look to the bugs :)

I try to make no error if i work at the map, but this fucking Editorprogramm makes often so unwanted effects if you import something from 3d buildin editor to visitor 3d :(

@Tubz: if i go into the lake, i begin to swimm. The going thru the rocks or into it, is a problem of the rockmodel from BI. This was in other Maps possible, too. Sorry for that. The Rocks not my fault.

@Randmoness: Remember, that the Serverfiles not official released, so that the server can be unstable or doing things, that not wanted. With Epoch 1.04, the servers will run fine, i think. Change some Spawnpoints out of the lake region or quarry region, otherwise you can spawn into a rock or on the ground of the lake and server crashes.

Some errors cant be reproduced at my server or system, so that i cant verify these bugs, but i will have an eye on it.

We cannot reproduce the problem at will it seems. However we still get a lot of objects spawning on 1 coordinate. Can you for a test raise your vehicle limit and check your RPT log? Also, people only tend to spawn on those coordinates where everything spawns(I didnt set a spawn point near this time) or only on spawn4. Really weird bug but it is worth checking a bit more. Thanks for the tip

Edit, changed height of spawn points + changed respawn_west to the point in your mpmission file. It seems to try more different spawn points now though:

http://pastebin.com/cfBYFtLv

can relate to the 3d editor changing worldspace randomly.. best to save then reload to get a good idea..

the bis find safe position defaults to somewhere central on the map if it doesnt find somewhere that fits the requirements..

have been playing with: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/findEmptyPosition

found that the z axis is weird. best results have had are making the function work or my teleport ends up spawning me 200m above a house...?

Actually it's more a mix of epoch sauerland lingor and some bits I nicked of my old overwatch server:)....not a mortal combat in sight...well son and I both ended up walking underwater "topolka dam" stylee...and thats where i saw fred the sheep taking a walk as well.. also seen near here a wall of water virticul in the sky as we had the other day over wenden... ill fire up fraps next time I'm on so you can see:)