[HowTo] add Chernarus-Spawnselection

jOoPs

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I really need help with this. I installed, step by step, the code and files for Epoch 1.0.5, and I'm not getting any spawn selection options at all. It just randomly sends me to basic coastal locations. 

I looked in my .RPT and it seems this is conflicting my my group management mod. 

12:12:54 Error in expression

if (typeName _purgeGroup == "ARRAY") then {

_savedGro>

12:12:54   Error position: <_purgeGroup == "ARRAY") then {

_savedGro>

12:12:54   Error Undefined variable in expression: _purgegroup

12:12:54 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\dzgm\slowLoop.sqf, line 18

My Group Management Code that that points to (line 18)  looks like this

_purgeGroup = player getVariable["purgeGroup",0];

if (typeName _purgeGroup == "ARRAY") then {

_savedGroup = _savedGroup - _purgeGroup;

profileNamespace setVariable["savedGroup",_savedGroup];saveProfileNamespace;

player setVariable ["savedGroup",_savedGroup,true];

player setVariable ["purgeGroup",0,true];

};

Anyone know of a fix at all? Please

i did as you said but i get this error in the rpt

ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\dayz_code\config\RscDisplaySpawnSelecter.hpp, line 40: .RscStructuredText: Member already defined.

what do i have to do to make it work?

• 2 months later...

Im confused which one should i useChernarus-Spawnselection.zipplayer_monitor_1042.zipplayer_monitor_1051.zip i used the chernarus spawn link and it said im using an out of date even tho its the most up to date version should i use one of the other 2. but i have a question, if i should use the 1051 link there is no RscDisplaySpawnSelecter.hpp.

Edit: I should have said i got it working but it doesn't work i click and it just spawns me randomly no matter what i click on

• 3 weeks later...

1. if the spawnselection-dialog doesnt appears, you missed to call the patched player_monitor.sqf/fsm files

2. if you spawn after selection on an "default" randomspawn, then you missed to update your serverfiles (server_playerSetup.sqf)

3. to avoid empty worldcoords make sure you have bugfixed your compiles.sqf (endLoadingScreen; >>>> endMission "END1";) and dont miss to add _spawnSelection = 9; to your varibales.sqf

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there,

Just went to install this mod, i have no idea what goes where, sorry if it's just me, but i can't understand the part in the instructions where it says where to place the files, then i look in the folder and i think, err herpderp, i downloaded the files chernarus spawn zip and the player monitor files, now i have no idea where to put them :/ i have already installed a few mods on my server including Zupa's coin mod, admin tools and ai missions.

I'm probably missing something really simple that i overlooked, or im just having a herp day. i would highly appreciate some assistance with this. :)

Update: I tried installing this mod exactly as it says in the instructions and i get stuck on the loading player screen the little number down in the bottom corner just keeps going up i waited about 20 minutes for it, and nothing. the reason im having problems is because i have no idea what goes where, first time i tried to run it i got a dayz_code error saying i needed dayz_code in the mpmissions folder. im finding it hard to wrap my head around the instructions, you mention putting a folder in dayz_server...yet it looks like everything is put into dayz_code, im extremely confused.

please help.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

As I said before... Noob here and I am trying to be able to use the respawn system (it was by default, I managed to change it to select in the map but still fighting with the possibility to select where to spawn and if we use Halo or ground)

So, I add the lines as the tutorial says but I am stucked in the _playermonitor because I am in Chernarus epoch 1.0.6.1 and I have this:

_verCheck = (getText (configFile >> "CfgMods" >> "DayZ" >> "version") == "DayZ Epoch 1.0.6.1");
if (!isDedicated) then {
	enableSaving [false, false];	startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
	progressLoadingScreen 0;
	dayz_loadScreenMsg = localize 'str_login_missionFile';
	if (_verCheck) then {
		progress_+ = [] execVM "DZE_Hotfix_1.0.6.1A\system\progress_monitor.sqf";
	} else {
		progress_monitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\progress_monitor.sqf";
	};_veetText (configFile >> "CfgMods" >> "DayZ" >> "version") == "DayZ Epoch 1.0.6.1");if (!isDedicated) then { enableSaving [false, false]; startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"]; progressLoadingScreen 0; dayz_loadScreenMsg = localize 'str_login_missionFile'; if (_verCheck) then {  progress_+ = [] execVM "DZE_Hotfix_1.0.6.1A\system\progress_monitor.sqf"; } else {  progress_monitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\progress_monitor.sqf"; };Check = (getText (configFile >> "CfgMods" >> "DayZ" >> "version") == "DayZ Epoch 1.0.6.1");if (!isDedicated) then { enableSaving [false, false]; startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"]; progressLoadingScreen 0; dayz_loadScreenMsg = localize 'str_login_missionFile'; if (_verCheck) then {  progress_+ = [] execVM "DZE_Hotfix_1.0.6.1A\system\progress_monitor.sqf"; } else {  progress_monitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\progress_monitor.sqf"; };

I guess that the _playermonitor was this progress_monitor

And there is where I get lost.... and then, where do you add the files that are in monitor*.zip (that the newest is the 5.1 and I dont know if it works now)

Thanks a lot for the pacience...
------------------------------

ADDING:

Yes, After following all the steps, there is something I am doing wrong because it is stucked in the screen "Waiting for host"