Working Dayz Epoch Headless Client for Zed Spawn and FSM

Goober

Any luck yet Donnovan?

RedBaron,

The problem was with infiStar. Solution:

I removed those lines from infiStar AH.SQF (2 ocurrences):

if (!hasInterface && !isDedicated) exitWith {};

So now infiStar make no difference beetween normal clients and Headless Clients. Headless Clients are threated as normal Clients.

This fix the problem.

Hope this fix for you too!

RedBaron,

The problem was with infiStar. Solution:

I removed those lines from infiStar AH.SQF (2 ocurrences):

if (!hasInterface && !isDedicated) exitWith {};

So now infiStar make no difference beetween normal clients and Headless Clients. Headless Clients are threated as normal Clients.

This fix the problem.

Hope this fix for you too!

Thanks Donnovan, to be honest, I have had about 4 different attempts at HC for zeds and loot and dropped them for various different reasons in the past. I'm hoping that some of the more clever chaps like you finally crack it and post a new release post... :)

I have a feeling that when working one gets posted, it will very quickly become the hottest thread on here... 

Thanks Donnovan, to be honest, I have had about 4 different attempts at HC for zeds and loot and dropped them for various different reasons in the past. I'm hoping that some of the more clever chaps like you finally crack it and post a new release post... :)

I have a feeling that when working one gets posted, it will very quickly become the hottest thread on here...

Fully agree with you, some skilled ppl should make a clear and working guide that would be the best that could happen to epoch ;)

here is my copy of mission file http://www.kotas.tk/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus.zip

You can see how things running there, for addons.sql this is script to make other scripts run on server side so no one take my code off

For AI to use HC change all them if(!isServer) exitWith {}; to if(!isServer && !hasInterface) exitWith {};

Any chance of getting this link activated again?

• 4 weeks later...

dunno if this is the archive, but should be...but It's outdated i guess...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rp83byf2jwpk8ah/HC.zip?dl=0

I made a custom script package which is intended to work apart of the epoch files, and spawn zeds with locationtriggers but no loot.

I stopped using hc, due to the zeds had desyncs when the amount raised with a raising player population

I know no one is going to respond to this, but what the heck? worth a shot....

2 things:

zombies are controlled by the HC, however, no more than 2 will spawn within a player and no matter how high i increase the number, it won't go any higher and they take forever to appear.

loot is not spawning. at all.

can someone post their working HC files? please? or explain what they changed?

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Thank you very much for this, you did a well good job!

Now unfortionately i do have to complain about the amount of errors and such. Also this is not optimized in no way, which is one of the reasons, why i am currently creating a new Headless Client, that will have the ability of for example spawn 1200 Zombies all over the Map near Buildings. Ofc it will work with Wilderness to, but i didn`t get that far yet.

Just to give you an Idea, of how it looks like:

ccduS2V.jpg

I find 1200 Zombies is a really good Value, but of course it is fully customizable. I`m also monitoring the Client`s actions using a FSM.

PS: YES, i have a doggie and YES it is working perfectly fine. It will even search for Loot inside Buildings etc, but i haven`t 100% finished it yet.

10 hours ago, ViseVersa said:

Thank you very much for this, you did a well good job!

Now unfortionately i do have to complain about the amount of errors and such. Also this is not optimized in no way, which is one of the reasons, why i am currently creating a new Headless Client, that will have the ability of for example spawn 1200 Zombies all over the Map near Buildings. Ofc it will work with Wilderness to, but i didn`t get that far yet.

Just to give you an Idea, of how it looks like:

Hidden Content

I find 1200 Zombies is a really good Value, but of course it is fully customizable. I`m also monitoring the Client`s actions using a FSM.

PS: YES, i have a doggie and YES it is working perfectly fine. It will even search for Loot inside Buildings etc, but i haven`t 100% finished it yet.

Be interested to see a finished product, very few people with a working hc nowdays

Hi guys,

Quick message to everyone who sent me a PM or posted here.  I am sorry that I did not reply.  That was my personal failing.

I had to get out of the Dayz/Arma scene because I was struggling intensely with the coding to the point of burnout.  Which I basically did.

And now I remember almost nothing about the details of my work, but I am much more relaxed and balanced.  I hope that you can have some fun and learn about the maddeningly difficult world of parallel computing and state machines using HCs, but I recommend stepping back when you find yourself banging your head on the wall over this stuff.  I can think of no more difficult platform for this kind of development than Arma's weird script language :)

2 hours ago, Goober said:

Hi guys,

Quick message to everyone who sent me a PM or posted here.  I am sorry that I did not reply.  That was my personal failing.

I had to get out of the Dayz/Arma scene because I was struggling intensely with the coding to the point of burnout.  Which I basically did.

And now I remember almost nothing about the details of my work, but I am much more relaxed and balanced.  I hope that you can have some fun and learn about the maddeningly difficult world of parallel computing and state machines using HCs, but I recommend stepping back when you find yourself banging your head on the wall over this stuff.  I can think of no more difficult platform for this kind of development than Arma's weird script language :)

Do you know that feeling, when something is not working and you`re like ok.. Last try! - Hmm.. Still not working.. JUST...... ONE........ MORE......... TRY..........! - 1 Hour later - Still sitting there...

Here is an example of the new Loot Spawn, which is ready but not optimized yet.

Spoiler

9Py4XrP.png

And another example of Zombie Spawn prioritizing wild spawned Zombies over Building Zombies with a 2 : 1 Ratio. (Fully customizable!)

Spoiler

zrhrWyp.png

Since i got fully de-bugged animals, here another example of Animal Spawn :P

oLX79LY.png

• 5 months later...