Gem from mining?

veeshan

I noticed the patch notes today mentioned a new feature: 40% chance to payout a single gem on removal of mine ruins Will this be something that can be configured serverside to restrict what gem types drop or turn it off altogether? Our server uses gems as a form of end-game currency for items that cost 12 briefs or more.

These assets were originally included to serve a greater purpose. Although I'm flattered you guys dug them up and found a practical use for them, we can't let that dictate the original purpose of these assets. Btw, what do you think of the models? I had to do some trickery to get them looking that way.

What will be their intended use, if you don't mind my asking? ;)

Yeah, the models look great, hows the new female skins coming?  

Small chance works fine with me, I will have to see the real "chance", then update my "practical use" for them.

Sequisha, thanks for YOUR contributions to an excellent mod!

Thanks everyone, we can't keep anything from you goons :3

I don't want to say too much as you'll certainly be seeing it in one fashion or another, but they're going to fit into another form of currency that would run parallel with the rare metals.  The idea was to keep them isolated from the generic currency and hopefully establish new ways to combine(possibly socketing) these rare items to obtain valuable items that gold simply could not. 

I'm glad to see you guys dig the idea, that is what I'd hoped when I originally started piecing the gems and their usage together.  Others that I bounced the ideas off of seemed be under the impression that it was too mystical and fantastic to fit in with the current theme; I disagree. 

Thoughts? Would you guys like to see this kind of thing?

That depends....

Are you speaking of upgrading items with gems by attaching the gems or consuming them during the upgrade? If you are socketing a gem into a bracelet to make it more valuable and trade it for something that is totally realistic. If you are attaching a gem to a CZ550 that reduces aiming sway by 2% for a cut gem and 5% for a pristine shining multifaceted gem then I am going to say it is a bit to fantastic as Epoch is right now. The background story would have to change a bit to include "magi-tech". If the zombie outbreak was caused from mystical means and not viral, then it would fit. 

That depends....

Are you speaking of upgrading items with gems by attaching the gems or consuming them during the upgrade? If you are socketing a gem into a bracelet to make it more valuable and trade it for something that is totally realistic. If you are attaching a gem to a CZ550 that reduces aiming sway by 2% for a cut gem and 5% for a pristine shining multifaceted gem then I am going to say it is a bit to fantastic as Epoch is right now. The background story would have to change a bit to include "magi-tech". If the zombie outbreak was caused from mystical means and not viral, then it would fit. 

LOL!.  The latter my friend, not socketing an enfield for +5 Chainsaw finding.  It was intended for combinations socketed in jewelry.

I Lol'd in class.

LOL!.  The latter my friend, not socketing an enfield for +5 Chainsaw finding.  It was intended for combinations socketed in jewelry.

I Lol'd in class.

Phew! Although... ARMA III Epoch mod could have room to do more "magical" things instead of having viral zombies or bandits.

• 6 months later...

Hi, if I wanted to make them even rarer than 40% as they are currently set in remove.sqf to:

if((random 10) <= 4) then {

could I change that line to read like this:

if((random 100) <= 4) then {

or this:

if((random 10) <= 0.4) then {

Would this make it a 4% chance? Or, am I way off piste! 

Any help would be gratefully received.