Easy Guide on Setting up an Epoch Server on a VPS?

Oprama

Question

Hello Epoch Community,

I am coming here to ask the help of someone who can help me with this. I am sick and tired of having to deal with dedicated server hosts who charge way too much for their service and when you need something, they can't even help you. I've seen that you could host a dedicated server on a VPS, but I'm not sure how I would go around doing this. I found a website to buy the VPS, I just need to know how I would install the files and get it all setup. I would appreciate any kind of help!

Thank you and have a good day! :)

2 answers to this question

A VPS/VDS works the same as a full box.  You would be given remote access to the machine where you would connect via RDP (Remote Desktop) and then you can install updates, programs and whatever else you need to get everything running.  I had one a few months ago.  It worked ok but I found that performance was much better on an actual box.  Arma doesn't run as well in a virtual environment.  You should check out HFB Servers for a full box.  They have competitive prices that I haven't seen matched at any other provider for full boxes.  I just checked the website and I see they are out of stock for several of them.  But if you contact them they would probably be able to order something for you.  It's worth a look at least.

A VPS/VDS works the same as a full box.  You would be given remote access to the machine where you would connect via RDP (Remote Desktop) and then you can install updates, programs and whatever else you need to get everything running.  I had one a few months ago.  It worked ok but I found that performance was much better on an actual box.  Arma doesn't run as well in a virtual environment.  You should check out HFB Servers for a full box.  They have competitive prices that I haven't seen matched at any other provider for full boxes.  I just checked the website and I see they are out of stock for several of them.  But if you contact them they would probably be able to order something for you.  It's worth a look at least.

I rented a server from HFB before. Their service was pretty decent but their customer service was awful. I'm just tired of having to deal with these people who are just interested in money and don't care about their customers who need help ASAP. How bad was the performance though, was it slow or was it just sketchy at times? Thanks for your response though, this information does help! :)