[HowTo] add InfectedCamps

jOoPs

You only need a custom-compiles. How this is done can be read in forum more then one time, so search for it und use your brain! All necessary files are included in the zip-archive

first a list of modified files (which are not part of rar-archive!)

- description.ext
- init.sqf
- dayz_code/init/compiles.sqf

- dayz_code/init/publicEH.sqf

(dayz_server.pbo)
- init/server_functions.sqf
- system/server_monitor.sqf

(Battleye)
- Battleye/publicvariable.txt

added folders and files (content of rar-archive)

- dayz_code/compile/
  - camp_spawnZombies.sqf
  - object_infectedcamps.sqf

- dayz_code/config/CfgObjectCompositions/
  - camp_ins1.sqf

- camp_ins2.sqf
  - camp_ru1.sqf
  - camp_ru2.sqf
  - camp_us1.sqf
  - camp_us2.sqf
  - camp_us3.sqf
  - CfgObjectCompositions.hpp

(dayz_server.pbo)
- dayz_server/compile
  - fn_bases.sqf
  - object_mapper.sqf
------------------

download the attached zip-archive  and extract the files from client-folder into your missionfolder. Add the files from server-folder to your dayz_server.pbo. If you use other folderstructures/filenames, change the given paths.

------------------

in description.ext add at top ...
#include "dayz_code\config\CfgObjectCompositions\CfgObjectCompositions.hpp"

in init.sqf add to listed variables
dayz_spawnInfectedSite_clutterCutter = 2; // Infected Base Settings / 0 =  loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = cluttercutter // 3 = debug

in dayz_code/init/compiles.sqf search for //System (line 122) above insert ...
infectedcamps = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\compile\object_infectedcamps.sqf";
camp_spawnZombies = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\compile\camp_spawnZombies.sqf";

in dayz_code/init/publicEH.sqf add at top ...
"dayzInfectedCamps"        addPublicVariableEventHandler {(_this select 1) call infectedcamps};

in your server.pbo in init/server_functions.sqf add ...
spawnComposition = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\object_mapper.sqf"; // Include BIS compositions
fn_bases = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\fn_bases.sqf"; // Infected Camps

in your server.pbo in system/server_monitor.sqf add after allowConnection = true; ...
//Spawn camps
dayz_Campspawner = [] spawn {
    // quantity, marker, radius, min distance between 2 camps
    Server_InfectedCamps = [3, "center", dayz_MapArea, 2500] call fn_bases;
    dayzInfectedCamps = Server_InfectedCamps;
    publicVariable "dayzInfectedCamps";
};

in your Battleye-files add in publicvariable.txt at bottom ...
5 "dayzInfectedCamps"

thats all

note: take a look at dayz_Campspawner to customize settings

download here

camps will be spawned randomly at server start. zombies are added and always spawned, loot and wrecks too... all the things.

this could be a good point to make your own camps and maybe add an trigger for your favourite AI-system :)

Not sure which devs you mean, but InfectedCamps came first time with v1.7 of DayZ Mod and it is still used in DayZ 1.8. So it should work without any problems. It uses the DynamicObject-Compositions (DynO) which is part of Arma's modules.pbo. As i wrote in previous post... its a good way to add object compositions dynamic/randomly to the map. I use it on my servers to spawn bandit-camps with ai. And the people like it. So build your own camps with editor and add them (take a look into camp-sqf's how its done)... be creative guys :)

in dayz_code/init/publicEH.sqf add at top ...

"dayzInfectedCamps"        addPublicVariableEventHandler {(_this select 1) call infectedcamps};

This part here, I don't know what to really do with this. I don't have this file in my mission file and you did not include it nor any instruction on how to get it or where it might be found. If you or someone could provide assistance as to how to handle this I would be grateful. 

Not sure which devs you mean, but InfectedCamps came first time with v1.7 of DayZ Mod and it is still used in DayZ 1.8. So it should work without any problems. It uses the DynamicObject-Compositions (DynO) which is part of Arma's modules.pbo. As i wrote in previous post... its a good way to add object compositions dynamic/randomly to the map. I use it on my servers to spawn bandit-camps with ai. And the people like it. So build your own camps with editor and add them (take a look into camp-sqf's how its done)... be creative guys :)

All I remember is them being added in one version of Dayz, then removed the next. I believe it had to do with performance issues but I haven't played regular Dayz in a while so it's hard to remember.

This part here, I don't know what to really do with this. I don't have this file in my mission file and you did not include it nor any instruction on how to get it or where it might be found. If you or someone could provide assistance as to how to handle this I would be grateful. 

take a look into your missionfile init.sqf ...there it will be called... you can find it in your dayz_code.pbo.. extract the script and place it in your missionfile-folder (dayz_code/init/publicEH.sqf) ... in your missionfile init.sqf change the call to it and you are fine.

init.sqf-example:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";                //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers

in your server.pbo in system/server_monitor.sqf add after allowConnection = true; ...
//Spawn camps
dayz_Campspawner = [] spawn {

// quantity, marker, radius, min distance between 2 camps
    Server_InfectedCamps = [3, "center", dayz_MapArea, 2500] call fn_bases;
    dayzInfectedCamps = Server_InfectedCamps;
    publicVariable "dayzInfectedCamps";
};

>>> look the blue marked text

in init.sqf add to listed variables
dayz_spawnInfectedSite_clutterCutter = 2; // Infected Base Settings / 0 =  loot hidden in grass // 1 = loot lifted // 2 = cluttercutter // 3 = debug

>>> 3 = debug - adds a little sphere at lootposition - its just a visual sign

• 3 weeks later...

Are there map markers for the infested zombie camps? Also, how long after a restart does it take for them to spawn? Just trying to determine if my camps are installed properly and have seen no visual indicators or messages pop up that indicate they are spawning.

The debug loot setting, that is not the setting to add map markers is it? I gathered from the description that it was a small sphere over the actual loot spawns inside the camp so you could easily tell where they are located.

in init.sqf add to listed variables

3 =debug option. Doesn't set map markers though. Puts big red spheres around the loot piles.

I had to get the coords from the rpt log then use http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/129591-dayz-coordinates-converter/ just to actually check to see if the script was running.

well, i dont have any script errors and everything seems to be working, but i still dont see a way to tell if camps are actually spawning on my server without coming across one randomly. is there a way to add map markers to the camps, preferably in a color other than red?

dayz_Campspawner - can not find this file anywhere.

is it this file: camp_spawnZombies.sqf ?

also i think this has made my heli evac script stop working as well, removing it to test each script i just added separately.

I reckon you could just change the marker type or create another marker in object_infectedcamps.sqf in the dayz_code\compile folder in your mission pbo.

if ("ItemMap_Debug" in items player) then {
_markerstr = createMarker [_campName,_campPos];
_markerstr setMarkerColor "ColorRed";
_markerstr setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
_markerstr setMarkerBrush "Border";
_markerstr setMarkerSizeLocal [_campRadius, _campRadius];

You only need a custom-compiles. How this is done can be read in forum more then one time, so search for it und use your brain! All necessary files are included in the zip-archive

I don't know exactly what you mean by this. But what I did as a result of this sentence was change my z/addons/dayz_code/init/compiles.sqf to dayz_code/init/compiles.sqf in my init.sqf

Seriously though, when you make instructions for someone to install a mod, you need to assume they know NOTHING and provide all the steps necessary, not same vague oh you'll need a custom whatever file but im not going to tell you how to do it because if you don't know then you haven't been scripting long enough to install my mod.

Sorry if that sounds like I'm a dick, but I really don't understand why anyone would provide incomplete or technically inaccurate instructions.

I don't know exactly what you mean by this. But what I did as a result of this sentence was change my z/addons/dayz_code/init/compiles.sqf to dayz_code/init/compiles.sqf in my init.sqf

Seriously though, when you make instructions for someone to install a mod, you need to assume they know NOTHING and provide all the steps necessary, not same vague oh you'll need a custom whatever file but im not going to tell you how to do it because if you don't know then you haven't been scripting long enough to install my mod.

Sorry if that sounds like I'm a dick, but I really don't understand why anyone would provide incomplete or technically inaccurate instructions.

this HowTo is nothing for Copy&Paste-guys.. you should know what you do!  im not here to teach you things like using pbo-manager and fsm-editor or how you patch things. there are enough examples which shows you how its done.. and yes, i know, it sounds hard but learn it or let it!

this HowTo is nothing for Copy&Paste-guys.. you should know what you do!

yep, totally not helpful.

guess i'll repeat this again, not sure why you would provide INCOMPLETE OR TECHNICALLY INACCURATE INSTRUCTIONS. the only thing i can figure is you want to create an intentional gap in knowledge so that only some people can use your script. mission accomplished.

also, i've done exactly what that compiles.sqf has suggested, so i guess at this point im just going to remove the script and go with its not going to work on my server no matter how many times i try to install it. no big deal.