[OLD] JAEM - Just another Evac-Chopper Mod v1.4 (Updated 06/14/2014) ** OUT OF DATE **

OtterNas3

Everything seems to be OK, but I take it you can't build the evac pad on a building. 

I did and everything worked, problem was the pilot ran to the pick up point rather than taking the helicopter. nearly shot him thinking he was a zombie!

:lol:

Working now, awesome script thank you. 

I have gotten this to work a modular structure 2 block walls high, with metal floors on top of the 2 block walls. The heli pad is painted on the ground under the pad and it works.

I just moved the base 2 more up and it does not work when parked at the same spot above the field. I wonder if I should try to re-make the field or if there is a height limit?

Is there a way to add an option to add multiple puids to the same helipad? Like maybe add tag as friendly as a requirement to get the option to input your puid on the helipad. Otherwise each person at the base has to have their own helipad and chopper.

Great script btw. Even if there is no way to do what I asked, the server is going to think this is the best thing I've added.

Is there a way to add an option to add multiple puids to the same helipad? Like maybe add tag as friendly as a requirement to get the option to input your puid on the helipad. Otherwise each person at the base has to have their own helipad and chopper.

Great script btw. Even if there is no way to do what I asked, the server is going to think this is the best thing I've added.

..., just give the key for the chopper to each member and the make evac-chopper field on same place!

Love this addition, with 1.0.4 I am getting a game crash as soon as the helo lands at position, no errors in any logs, not a be kick..game freezes up. soon as you come back into the game it is setting there where it is supposed to be. Any suggestions on why this would happen? It is not just me I tested with 5 others and everyone gets the freeze as soon as it lands.

Hey guys,

just FYI i will have a look today at the given problems!

Sorry for the late response but i'm very busy atm  with Work.

can you add: "stand still for 5 seconds" so you can break off a helicopter call?

Sure i will add it today

Awesome script Otternas3 !

Works fine with a little Bird. My UH60 was succesfully crashed :D

1.Test - Distance 400m : UH60 started, on half way he gets back to startarea

2.Test - Distance 1500m: UH60 started, but crashed 350m later

Never had any problems, tested with all Choppers on my Server even with a Gyro-Copter (Mozzie) :D

Any chance you could add the option to remove the Helipad?  maybe make it a right click option of the toolbox like the camo net?

Hmm i could add a option, but you are able to remove it like this:

Get Key of Chopper and the needed amount of Briefcases and select "Make Evac-Chopper"

It will then tell you that you alrdy have one and that it gets removed, a countdown of 5 seconds will tick then the Evac-Field gets destroyed.

Another timer with 10 seconds will tick then before it starts building the new one, in that moment you just move 2 or 3 meters from your current position to abort the process and: voila!

If you still, really, really, REALLY, need a extra option for this, tell me and i will ad one...

Is there a timeout function for the evac helipad to eventually disappear? Or add a remove function as someone mentioned above?

see above!

Love this addition, with 1.0.4 I am getting a game crash as soon as the helo lands at position, no errors in any logs, not a be kick..game freezes up. soon as you come back into the game it is setting there where it is supposed to be. Any suggestions on why this would happen? It is not just me I tested with 5 others and everyone gets the freeze as soon as it lands.

It's working fine for me and many other serversi know of, never had such a problem.

Could you have a look in both RPT logfiles? Server and client one.

Or upload both files when the error appeared and i will have a look at it.

L8er,

Otter

Update v1.2

[FIXED]

• Smoke as Evac-Zone marker: was a small typo, hope it works now, not tested, sorry had no time to, if still dont work please report!

[ADDED]

• Config variable for Evac-Chopper - Minimum Distance: 500 - X Dont set below 500 or it could happen that not the Chopper but instead the Pilot comes to you :wacko:
  • Option in Action-Menu to remove/disable the Evac-Chopper: Clear Evac-Chopper (NO REFUNDING!) You need the Key of the Chopper to do this
  • 5 Second Timer to cancel the Call for Evac-Chopper if called not on purpose: Just move 1-2m when timer ticks to cancel

Moo,

Otter

This script causes a black screen for a minute on Sauerland (i dont know why)

When you loadup into the game? When you setup a Evac-Chopper? When you call it? When the Cow flies over the Moon?

More information please ^^

Im running this on my Sauerland testserver the last 5 Days, 0 problems.

tried installing this, cant get it right, this is my init portion where the code goes, does this look right?

};

if (!isDedicated) then {
[] execVM "compile\Server_WelcomeCredits.sqf";
    //Conduct map operations
    0 fadeSound 0;
    waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
    dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor
     _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death; _nul = [] execVM "playerspawn.sqf";}];
    _playerMonitor =     [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";        
    _nil = [] execVM "custom\JAEM\EvacChopper_init.sqf";
        _nul = [] execVM "playerspawn.sqf";
};
           //anti Hack

//Lights
    //[0,0,true,true,true,58,280,600,[0.698, 0.556, 0.419],"Generator_DZ",0.1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";

};

This script causes a black screen for a minute on Sauerland (i dont know why)

I can confirm this. Im running also a Sauerland Server and have the same Problem.

The Server need longer to start. The "blackscreen" comes at the moment when you spawn in the game.

It doesnt matter if you reconnect or join the first time.

I have fraps running to see my FPS, and when i spawn and the "blackscreen" comes the gane is "frozen" for this time :/

I have also seen this black screen on the server, I didn't think it was due to this script though it may be.

Another question I had is why are you using "SetPOSAtl" instead of "setPOS" for placing the marker?  If you used "setPOS" with some math, you mgiht be able to place the marker right on the heli-pad the helicopter is on, instead of it falling through to the terrain beneath...

We recently added this to our server and we only have one thing going wrong with it.  After setting the Evac Chopper pad there was an additional Set Evac Chopper option, even after walking away from the vehicle the menu still gives you the option.  Besides that this is a great script.  Thank you for making it available to the rest of the community.

For Antihacks, I believe you need to add the following to the Action whitelist:

s_player_evacCall,s_player_makeEvacChopper,s_player_clearEvacChopper

I was in the middle of refreshing all my addons when I noticed that there is a third action that will require whitelisting.

The original post have been updated.

Everything works fine, except the Call Evac Chopper.  I don't get the option to call it. No error in the logs. Snap building is working fine tho.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm dumb. It's working perfectly.

Edit2: I edited the BattleEye files, but I still get the Waypoint Condition Restriction #0

Edit3: Fixed it on my own. I deleted the first line and just pasted !"["true", ""]" at the first line.

Thanks for the great script!

Everything works fine, except the Call Evac Chopper.  I don't get the option to call it. No error in the logs. Snap building is working fine tho.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm dumb. It's working perfectly.

Edit2: I edited the BattleEye files, but I still get the Waypoint Condition Restriction #0

Edit3: Fixed it on my own. I deleted the first line and just pasted !"["true", ""]" at the first line.

Thanks for the great script!

You have to regexp that or i dont think it will work:

!"[\"true\", \"'\"]"

Hello, i want to install this script but it does not quite work.

I'll always get a Waypoint Condition Restriction #0 Kick

I can create a EVAC Chopper, when i call the chopper and the landing place spawns I will be kicked.

This is the part of my init.sqf:

if (!isDedicated) then {
//Conduct map operations

0 fadeSound 0;

waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};

dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");
execVM "service_point\service_point.sqf";

//Run the player monitor

_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_nil = [] execVM "custom\JAEM\EvacChopper_init.sqf";
_playerMonitor = 	[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";	
["elevator"] execVM "elevator\elevator_init.sqf";

//Lights
//[0,0,true,true,true,58,280,600,[0.698, 0.556, 0.419],"Generator_DZ",0.1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";

};

In my custom variable.sqf added "HeliHRescue" to dayz_allowedObjects line.

My 3 BattlEye files I have edited and at the end of each line i paste this !"\["true", ""\]"

But i always get kicked by this Restriction!?

I Use the Infistar Admintool and Atihax.

i hope someone can help me further, I would have the script very much on my server.

Hi it does not work, the same kick again.  :(

My waypointcondition.txt

//new
!"["true", ""]"

My waypointstatement.txt

//new
!"["true", ""]"

My remoteexec.txt

//new
5 "" !="this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';" !="\[this\] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction" !"spawn BIS_Effects_Burn" !"spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestructionStage2" !="_this spawn fnc_plyrHit;" !"\["true", ""\]"
1="\[this\] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction"