[OLD] JAEM - Just another Evac-Chopper Mod v1.4 (Updated 06/14/2014) ** OUT OF DATE **

OtterNas3

Hope this isn't a re-post, I did a search but couldn't find an answer.  On my server evac seems to be working fine except that old chopper pads do not clear.  So I have a stack of 3-4 evac chopper pads where I had to make a new one (lost chopper etc.).  EG.  When you make a new chopper pad, old one does not clear out.

Any fix?

Thanks.

systemChat ("Sorry but you dont have a Evac-Chopper");                                                                       To: systemChat ("Sorry but you don't have an Evac-Chopper");  

systemChat("Sorry but the Main-Rotor of your Evac-Chopper is to damaged to fly");                              To: systemChat("Sorry but the Main-Rotor of your Evac-Chopper is too damaged to fly");

Just nit picky stuff....More of it.  Some is a bit worse....I realise I'm being persnickety. 

New to scripting so please bear with me:(  I dont have a "custom variables.sqf" or know how to create/find it?  I see my variables.sqf but it doesnt contain the line "call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf"; anywhere in it.  Would love to add this mod to my server so if anyone could offer a bit more info/help/tutorial would be great!

Thanks

After death cant call my heli =(

Epoch 1.0.4.2

Add to the variables.sqf in JAEM folder of your mission which has to contain only 1 line:  dayz_allowedObjects = dayz_allowedObjects + ["HeliHRescue"];

Add to init.sqf:

Under THIS: call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\variables.sqf";  

PASTE THIS: call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "(your mission path)\JAEM\variables.sqf";

EDIT: OMG, it worked till restart, i mean the after death call.... and stopped. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I DID...

EDIT2: Seems to me that admins cant use it after death... but it works for players... lol

Is there a way I can add music to play when the chopper starts up to come and rescue me?

Ive been playing around with:

private ["_sounddist","_vehicle"];
_sounddist = 20;
_nul = [objNull, _vehicle, rSAY, "helimusic", _sounddist] call RE;

but I cant seem to get it to work.

Any help would be great?

it'd be epicif it played ride of the valkryes while it was coming to pick you up

Figured it out:

//music test start
private ["_vehicle","_sounddist"];
_vehicle = evacChopper;
_sounddist = 25;
_nul = [objNull, _vehicle, rSay, "helimusic", _sounddist] call RE;

inside callevacchopper.sqf after:

//Lock the Chopper again so noone can jump in
evacChopper setVehicleLock "LOCKED";
//Turn the Engine on and set fly height for the Pilot
evacChopper engineOn true;

and yea defined the sound in description.ext :) works like a charm

We are using fortunate son by credence clearwater revival :)

I setup the Evac Heli, that works fine. but when i die and respawn and call it. it says that i have no chopper on my evac pad. so when i get back, it will not give me the option to set one or clear, until i put a key in invintory, then it give me the optoins, i thought it was suppose to go by UID, is there a fix for this?