DayZ Stand Alone!

Razorman

I had beta access to the standalone and was quite impressed :)

It uses the 2.5 engine from TOH, game ran very smoothly for me, getting between 50-80 fps and it looks really nice, should be a great improvement for all the ArmA 2 players will poor frames.

I'm sure in a few updates it'll be worth a look, I still haven't fully jumped into to ArmA 3 but i got it while it was first released, until then i have many other games to choose from and my Epoch players haven't left me ... yet.

The core group I run with, had a blast. Sure we had some odd and annoying bugs especially the unconscious one - overall experience was very pleasing. There's many things that need improvements especially the notifications about hunger/blood/drink etc, but I was surprised how well it actually went. The lower amount of loot in my opinion is exceptionally nice. Forces people to really scavenge harder than normal for that extra soda or can of food. Now that the alpha is out, it'll be a huge relief on the devs.. that was a major burden with the community on the edge at each word or image provided. Now they can properly focus on the game and content.

So curiosity gets the better of me & I drop a .20 on it....

30 mins invested, a long time.... back to Epoch server, delete.

No building? No Mods? No admin controls? No control end of.

Boat missed.

Yes from a biased admin/epoch host point of view but still too basic for me, nothing to do... yes Alpha blah blah but a year before it gets to beta from here?

Here's my theory, BI pulled funding because Rocket was too far behind the likes of Epoch in development terms , only option left to sell the Apha under the guise of "testing" to keep the thing alive.

Fine if you have a 20 to waste out of curiosity but don't look for any entertainment value at all for what could be a very long time.