DayZ Stand Alone!

Razorman

• 1 month later...

Dayz itself has no endgame, nothing to work towards, end of the day its just a PVP shooter with annoying Zombies. Epoch gives you a goal and something more realistic as what would humans do other than try and return civilisation to normality.

The creators of this mod made the game what it should be and for that you deserve a pat on the back while the stand alone flutters and dies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I will be buying the standalone but as a separate game. Epoch was but a humble amoeba that split from the original dayz organism and its evolution has surpassed it. They will be two different games with different gameplay. One is about day to day survival whilst fighting the KOS players who want to take your life, the other is about more than that, re-building, re-supplying, trying to rebuild a resemblance of your old life in its ashes whilst fighting off the murderous bastards that want to take it from you not just by killing you on the spot but watching you, studying you, until they hopefully find out where you house, fort or shack is so they may strike at the right moment to take everything from you, and not just what you had in your pockets. 

I have to say Epoch has been a great experience and one I have enjoyed every step of the way. I'm just glad I was able to contribute back to the community in my own ways. Good luck with the ARMA 3 development too, it will be a long and rocky road no doubt but we all know you will nail it!

I bet a lot of people didn't read all the way to the bottom of that page:

"We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage".

At this rate, the completed game will be released in 2017.

"WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING."

They have not released a game, that is the thing to remember, they have released an Alpha and are asking people to help test it. That is what you do in an Alpha. Not moan when features are missing and broken - you report them, giving as much information as possible to help them resolve the matter and better the game through its development.

I can say this the game will be flooded with useless people wanting to just play, who cant because bugs and lack of features. This is out there for us to help them, and after I don't know how many hours I have pumped into this game, or any mod variant that has sprung up because of it, they have definitely earned my support. I will be on when I get back from sea, participating as an 'Alpha Tester' not a player. Why? Because that is what they need, that is what they have released this Alpha for.

Just played it for about 30 minutes, all servers in the dark. No loot no nothing.

I'll see what it like when it's daylight, but so far, it's a meh at best.

same here on! tried on laptop was pants so fired up the gaming pc.. bah mouse jerk jerk even in menu's.. sod it I'll look at it tomorrow.. i'm off back to our epoch server!...£20 ahh well.. I'm sure it will be worth it in a couple of years time:(

We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage. All features and plans listed here are subject to change, we may add or remove features as seen fit during development process.

Goodluck with that .. I find it hard to believe that they're actually setting through with this .. It should have come out more than a year ago. Now; Arma 3 is out and A3 Epoch is in the making .. Who would pay 24 euro for the Standalone when it still runs on Arma2 Engine .. there's nothing much new added, 'ooh you can go into buildings now and the gear is from Arma 3' .. Just shoot me >.>

And the funny thing is; Rocket said; we don't want a lot of players buying the game; we want hardcore DayZ players .. yeah right Rocket, dream on.