Re-Worked WAI 0.173 - Supported System

I haven't tested it to say it works perfectly or not but you could try changing the way position is defined in the creation parts of the script. For instance you would have this

[[8555.83,16947.9,0.002],                  //position

for one of your fixed gun so try to add orientation into it by changing that to

[244,[8555.83,16947.9,0.002]],

The 244 is the 360 degree orientation radial used as the static guns 'center' of fire. Now one thing to be absolutely SURE of is to preserve the bracketing. This is going to add another set of brackets so don't cut them down by one. For example you first have this:

[[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0],                  //position
4,						  //Number Of units
1,					      //Skill level 0-1. Has no effect if using custom skills
"Random",			      //Primary gun set number. "Random" for random weapon set.
4,						  //Number of magazines
"",						  //Backpack "" for random or classname here.
"CZ_Special_Forces_GL_DES_EP1_DZ",						  //Skin "" for random or classname here.
"Random",				  //Gearset number. "Random" for random gear set.
true
] call spawn_group;

but in order to add radial orientation code you would then end up with this:

[[123,[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0]],                  //position
"CZ_Special_Forces_GL_DES_EP1_DZ",						  //Skin "" for random or classname here.
true
] call spawn_group;

where "123" is the added orientation. See how it added a new set of brackets to that first line? Be sure to do that or it won't work at all. If you test this let me know how it goes. It's something I always meant to try and never got around to doing.

Checked and double checked the installation. We're struggling to access this RPT business. Would someone be able to come help us on Skype or something? It would be greatly appreciated.

We're just noobs with no idea what we're doing, every other script we added seemed to work flawlessly.

Please PM me :)

To all you guys having issues: Please post your server rpt file somewhere and link in to your help request post. It makes it so much easier for us to find the issue and it saves 2 or 3 posts where we have to ask for it. Be sure you get the rpt from when the server was having the issue too.

The plus side of this is every single person I've helped with their AI setups I've found other things in their rpt log that they needed to address too. Posting yours will not only highlight things you know are broken but may shine a light on things you aren't aware of.

To all you guys having issues: Please post your server rpt file somewhere and link in to your help request post. It makes it so much easier for us to find the issue and it saves 2 or 3 posts where we have to ask for it. Be sure you get the rpt from when the server was having the issue too.

The plus side of this is every single person I've helped with their AI setups I've found other things in their rpt log that they needed to address too. Posting yours will not only highlight things you know are broken but may shine a light on things you aren't aware of.

Bravo

Probably small error in your configs, post?

I'm having the same issue with the OP install as well, just M2's are spawning.

Here are my edits to the SpawnGroup file.

for "_i" from 1 to _mags do {_unit addMagazine _magazine;};

if ((_x == 1) && (_RPG > 0)) then {

_unit addweapon "RPG7V";

_unit addmagazine "PG7V";

} else {

_unit addBackpack _aipack;

{_unit addMagazine _x} forEach _gearmagazines;

{_unit addweapon _x} forEach _geartools;

if (ai_custom_skills) then {

switch (_skill) do {

case 0 : {_aicskill = ai_custom_array1;};

case 1 : {_aicskill = ai_custom_array2;};

case 2 : {_aicskill= ai_custom_array3;};

case "Random" : {_aicskill = ai_skill_random call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;};

};

{_unit setSkill [(_x select 0),(_x select 1)]} forEach _aicskill;

} else {

{_unit setSkill [_x,_skill]} forEach _skillarray;

};

if (count _this > 8) then {

_mission = _this select 8;

_RPG = 1;

} else {

_mission = False;

_RPG = -1;

}

What does your rpt log have to say about the mission spawning?

Guys, it's just nearly useless to post your code without an rpt to go along with it. Yeah, we could debug it line by line but the engine already does that AND tells you exactly where the problem is.

Edit: your problem is here

f ((_x == 1) && (_RPG > 0)) then {
_unit addweapon "RPG7V";

Keep looking and you'll see what you did. BTW, the rpt will tell you too. THAT'S why you post that too.

Hey im getting this error in my rpt log could anyone please help?

use.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component257 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component258 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component259 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component260 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component261 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component262 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component263 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component264 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component265 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component266 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component267 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component268 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component269 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component270 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component271 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component272 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component273 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component274 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component275 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component276 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component277 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:20 Strange convex component278 in warehouse\models\warehouse.p3d:geometryView
23:37:28 Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_amovpercmstpsraswpstdnon
23:37:29 Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovpercmrunsnonwbindf_rfl
23:37:30 "DayZ Epoch: PRELOAD Functions\init [[<No group>:0 (FunctionsManager)],any]"
23:37:30 "DayZ Epoch: MPframework inited"
23:37:31 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf not found
23:37:31 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\dynamic_vehicle.sqf not found
23:37:31 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\mission.sqf not found
23:37:31 "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf:Monitoring Remote Exe..."
23:37:31 "Res3tting B!S effects..."
23:37:31 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf not found
23:43:33 Client: Remote object 2:9 not found
23:43:33 Client: Remote object 2:10 not found
23:43:33 Client: Remote object 2:11 not found

See this part:

23:37:31 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf not found

That's gonna be a bit of a problem ;)  It looks like your folder setup isn't being called correctly. BTW, sorry I missed you guys. First of the month is always bad for the mailman. I'm off tomorrow (Thursday) and I'll be free all day if you still need setup help.

I haven't tested it to say it works perfectly or not but you could try changing the way position is defined in the creation parts of the script. For instance you would have this

[[8555.83,16947.9,0.002],                  //position

for one of your fixed gun so try to add orientation into it by changing that to

[244,[8555.83,16947.9,0.002]],

The 244 is the 360 degree orientation radial used as the static guns 'center' of fire. Now one thing to be absolutely SURE of is to preserve the bracketing. This is going to add another set of brackets so don't cut them down by one. For example you first have this:

[[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0],                  //position
true
] call spawn_group;

but in order to add radial orientation code you would then end up with this:

[[123,[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0]],                  //position
true
] call spawn_group;

where "123" is the added orientation. See how it added a new set of brackets to that first line? Be sure to do that or it won't work at all. If you test this let me know how it goes. It's something I always meant to try and never got around to doing.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try it out.  I've switched maps so will have to come up with some new spawn locations.  I'll let you know.  I was wondering if the facing would work (and look) like it does in the database.

Does anyone know a way to make the AI count as bandit kills in the Dayz Monitor similar to DZMS? Would love to figure out how to add that feature or addon to this.

I have the option in the AIconfig.sqf:

/// Adds bandit kill when killing an AI (True: on. False: off.)
ai_banditkills_gain = True;

You are thinking about it too absolutely. In code it's not hard to adjust the amount of humanity gained from a kill. You just use a negative number in place of a positive. This does not however change the base class of the victim. Since the monitor watches when particular victims are killed (only bandit classes are deemed as 'Bandit kills' by it) and remembering that it doesn't care AT ALL about how things are scored, you can see why this particular thing happens.

You are thinking about it too absolutely. In code it's not hard to adjust the amount of humanity gained from a kill. You just use a negative number in place of a positive. This does not however change the base class of the victim. Since the monitor watches when particular victims are killed (only bandit classes are deemed as 'Bandit kills' by it) and remembering that it doesn't care AT ALL about how things are scored, you can see why this particular thing happens.

If you are replying to me, I am not asking about adjust the humanity, I am asking to have each kill of the AI that are around these missions show up as a kill in the debug monitor when you kill them.

If i kill 5 patrol or 5 AI in WAI, my counter will show 0 when I killed 5 AIs, I do however get the humanity but not the kill added to my score.

DZMS somehow has the kills show up in the debug monitor as if they actually killed a real person.

Yes, I was replying to you and I explained why you are having the effect you are. Let me simplify it some, setting scoring aside for the moment: the debug shows bandit CLASS kills *only*. The AI are not class names that will cause this number of kills to increase so it must be done manually in the mods code. Each AI kill you make causes the mod to tell the server to increase your bandit kills by one since the default DayZ code will not do this.

Think of it this way: the term "Bandit Kills" in your monitor could actually read "Number of human players with negative 2500 or lesser humanity I have killed". Anything other than that will not trigger the total to increment unless it's specifically told to do that by extra code, in this case the

ai_banditkills_gain = True;

is doing exactly that.

I love this AI mission, by the far the best and I tested all the other ones. I have it running on my server with no problems apart from the Crashed C130 which glitches the AI and players if they are too close and they start jumping everywhere.

Has any one found a fix for this?

I also want to know if it is possible to have one kick ass static mission on of the abundant islands on my NAPF server. would it be possible to have high number of AI and one crate of gear spawn in one of the islands possibly also have a chopper hoovering to defend it? one major mission that runs along the normal once in the main island however this one only occur once every restart or even better only at night time?

please let me know if you can help with this?