Skins preventing riding in vehicles

burky45

Question

On our server we had unlocked the skins so that we can use all arma 2 skins but once unlocked they work properly but me and another player had the unlocked skin set to our players but could not get in a vehicle together but as soon as one player removes the skin I.E dieing we can ride again as long as the player with the unlocked skin gets in last

14 answers to this question

Had a thought about this issue and could it be related to "score" http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/score

That's an interesting theory - have to put that into a debug monitor and see if it plays out the way your thinking. Not sure how "humanity" is working in relation to score , but the humanity definitely does make an impact on this issue

Humanity is an arbitrary number that is only used by dayz. I believe that in A2 If you have a -2500 score it will mark you as an enemy ie teamkiller. Wearing the skin of another faction maybe another cause

So I guess the question to be answered is who or what is causing score to move +/-      - assuming it is tied to  score.  I would agree that part of it makes sense when you kill "friendly" AI soldier(s) you will have the vehicle bug, your tag will become red..

Check unit rating. Rating is increased for killing enemies, decreased for killing friendlies (see Rating Values). Can be changed via addRating by the mission designer.

The rating of the player is displayed as the "score" at the end of the mission. Via Description.ext one can define how many points it takes to get a perfect score, as well as the number of stars.

So in theory - it should be possible to throw a script into the scroll wheel to "fix vehicle bug"  and have it "addrating" to that player.

the od thing is as soon as we remove the unlocked skin from the player vehicle interaction is perfectly fine but once we add it back it dosent work again, i mean the player wearing the skin can get in and out of vehciels perfectly fine but as soon as someone else trys to get in the same vehcile they cant