Industrial Loot Issue?!

bwood

Hey Guys,

I'm wondering why several Industrial Buildings now spawn high end military loot?

Is that a feature or just a mistake?

In my eyes this loot ruins the whole economy system as it did on 2 of my favourite servers. Now you are able to get high end loot like DMRs and M4 CCOs in a couple of minutes after respawn and gain a lot of money in an extremely short period of time. All weapons below a DMR or M4 CCO are now useless and nobody is going to use them. I feel Epoch becomes more a Wasteland mod with zombies than a real DayZ experience.

Would be great to get some feedback.

For those of us that read the change logs we know that this is a feature that was implemented on the latest update.

I agree however that this just made the military grade loot way too common.  Seems Epoch is slowly moving away from the original DayZ survival and more towards standard ARMA sims with some zombies added.

I'd just add JP4 to the hangar loot and drop the military loot idea. 

Well, I've read the change logs and when I did I was of the opinion that "Hangars" are only those which can be found at the airfields.

I think they've put military hangars and industrial one's in the same loot table category. But maybe I'm wrong ;)

Well, I've read the change logs and when I did I was of the opinion that "Hangars" are only those which can be found at the airfields.

I think they've put military hangars and industrial one's in the same loot table category. But maybe I'm wrong ;)

This is the issue, tested on my server, several high-grade military loots including nvgs were found at soln and factory.

I agree however that this just made the military grade loot way too common.  Seems Epoch is slowly moving away from the original DayZ survival and more towards standard ARMA sims with some zombies added.

I'd just add JP4 to the hangar loot and drop the military loot idea. 

It was a mistake in the code that is making high grade items common in the wrong tables. The way the loot tables are structured in this game are rediculous. Don't jump to an absurd conclusion that "Epoch is slowly moving away from DayZ and towards standard ARMA sims with some zombies added." without considering the possiblities of fault in code or error in server setup.

I googled hours to find an official statement or some others posts regarding this issue and found nothing. So this conclusion isn't that absurd.

To be honest, if this is really a mistake, it should be fixed as soon as possible as the damages of the economy on a server due to this issue is getting bigger and bigger by time and requires probably a server wipe to avoid weapon and gold inflation..

Its is just the Hanger_2 "Blue Roofed Hanger" building was caught in the "Great Hanger Update" of 2013.

This can be fixed if deemed a major issue. Its just about finding the right balance... 

Whilst they are a Military/Industry mixed spawn does not guarantee "Super Barracks" its always a chanced based model. 

Trust me, they are "Super Barracks". I've found 5 guns (e.g. M24, DMR, M4 CCO, M1014 and M14) in a single "Blue Roofed Hanger" a couple of times right after respawn in Cherno/Elektro. I'm sorry to say this, but it's ridiculous.

If it's only about to find the right balance and if it's intended to increase the quality and quantity of the loot spawn in those hangers, you should try to add low end guns to the industrial hanger loot table like AKs first instead of high end stuff.

I have also changed upon 2 Coyote Backpacks and a M24 in a single shed.. however I have also had one spawn 2 Smoke grenades and some pistol ammo..

If they are deemed redonculous Awol will probably fix this changing them back to pure industrial spawns.

This is the issue, tested on my server, several high-grade military loots including nvgs were found at soln and factory.

It was a mistake in the code that is making high grade items common in the wrong tables. The way the loot tables are structured in this game are rediculous. Don't jump to an absurd conclusion that "Epoch is slowly moving away from DayZ and towards standard ARMA sims with some zombies added." without considering the possiblities of fault in code or error in server setup.

I'm not talking about this one issue.  Reliable bases, unbreakable safes, hello kitty cars, all a step away from the original DayZ environment.  Its not a bad thing, just how I see it.

Bottom line is these hangars combined with the permanent safe storage means an immediate infux of wealth injected into the servers.  I hope the patch comes soon.