[RELEASE] Vehicle Key Changer - For making Masterkey - V 1.4 (Updated 06/15/2014)

OtterNas3

As the config says if you want to disable the Price for vkc_Price and/or vkc_claimingPrice

you need to set it to

"0"

and not just

Moo,

Otter

Yes, I know.  Here is mine:

/***********************************/ 	
/* Vehicle Key Changer v1.4        */
/* Written by OtterNas3            */
/* January, 11, 2014               */
/* Last update: 06/15/2014         */
/***********************************/

/////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Edit these settings to fit your needs/likes //
/// Claim Vehicles that does not yet need Key ///
///////// 0 = Not allowed | 1 = Allowed /////////
vkc_claiming = 1;
//////// Claim Vehicles costs this Item /////////
/// Any Item can be used here, some examples: ///
//// ItemTinBar, ItemSilverBar, ItemGoldBar, ////
////// ItemSilverBar10oz, ItemGoldBar10oz, //////
///// ItemBriefcase20oz, ItemBriefcase100oz /////
//////// set to "0" to disable the costs ////////
vkc_claimingPrice = "0";
////////// Change Key costs this Item// /////////
////////////// see above examples ///////////////
//////// set to "0" to disable the costs ////////
vkc_Price = "0";
/////// Need KeyKit to use this function ////////
////////// 0 = Not needed | 1 = Needed //////////
vkc_needKeykit = 0;
/////////////// DONT EDIT BELOW ! ///////////////

Ok, I followed the steps in the OP and I don't get the change key option to populate in the actions menu... Any clue why? If this issue has been addressed somewhere in the 11 pages of comments, please help me out and direct me to it. 

I get no errors with this script in RPT, but I get no command menu. I have whitelisted it within the AH files, but I am curious if there are any other details with the AH that have to be messed with to get the menu to pop up?

Still not getting the menu option to show up like the few others posting about it above me.  Since my last post I have replaced my custom serverupdateobject.sqf with the one included in your download and still get no option.  I have over a dozen scripts installed on my server, several by you, and this is the only one I cannot get to work.

The menu entry has nothing todo with the server_updateobject.sqf

had 4 guys today on my teamspeak server and guess what, they all had just the wrong rquirements in their inventory, the fifth guys missed a step on the install instructions.

Im fine giving support on teamspeak for this, BUT, its working! just check everything again pls!

Anyway i need to update it again to make it work for 1.0.5

Moo,

Otter

Not sure why this isn't working as its so damn simple. Copy a folder, copy a file, and add a line in the init lol.

I've disabled the AH to start there. I do not get the command menu option to appear. Which file triggers that so i can start troubleshooting there.

Make sure you have all required tools (keymakers kit), keys, etc. You will not get the option to make a master key if you are lacking the correct tools. You might turn off the keymaker's kit requirement for initial testing or spawn yourself one through the database since I think AH (I presume you mean the Inifistart Admin tool) does not provide one in its boxes.

It has worked fine on our servers with Infistar enabled thus far. I have not tried it with the latest updates.

I am getting the option to claim a vehicle, have the correct tools and gold - my character goes through the movements of making the key but my gold is not subtracted and I loose the option to enter the vehicle. The database does not show a change to the CharaterID field indicating my key code - it just stays at 0. There is nothing in the rpt either.

I'm running 1.0.5 with just WAI and Vehicle Key Changer, no other mods.

Hey!

I give a try to the update but i have always the same Problem. same as in v1.3

if i made a master key on some vehicles they duplicate on Server restart inclusive all gear in them.

i see duplicating now on Armored Suv, and some Cargo Trucks.

also a issue is that some key id. seems to overlap with other ones.

example. a guy had an LAV.  a other guy have a BTR40.  the guy with the BTR 40 sell his car but Keep the key in his inventory. after the Server restart the LAV from the other guy teleportet to the Position where the guy with the BTR40 key has logged out.

also some vehicles was changing. example:

i guy bought a UH1Y. he dont made a master key or copy his key. after the Server restart the UH1Y was gone and instead of the UH1Y now is a LAV on exact the same Position. i searched the whole database for the UH1Y but cant find it there.

some realy strange things happened when i has your script activated. if i deactivate the script all run as normal. no cars teleport around. no cars duping themselve or transform themselfe.

i also has no rpt Errors.

strange or?

i run chernarus on 1.0.4.2

Hi,

same problem on my server,

could it be any conflict?

The menu entry has nothing todo with the server_updateobject.sqf

had 4 guys today on my teamspeak server and guess what, they all had just the wrong rquirements in their inventory, the fifth guys missed a step on the install instructions.

Im fine giving support on teamspeak for this, BUT, its working! just check everything again pls!

Anyway i need to update it again to make it work for 1.0.5

Moo,

Otter

Sadly this does not work with the newest 1.0.5.1 update.

The while-loop while creating the key simply times out.

Anyone skilled can come up with a quick solution? :)

As stated abpve its being worked on :)

Not allowed to access my :

Anyway around this?

Im not aware of any jost that prevents their pbos from being used. Connect to the ftp and download them.

If not, go dedicated or change to a host that lets you have access to your server.

Dedicated will be the next step after we have built a player base. Thank you.

I wouldn't wait for a playerbase unless you are really good with the database. Once you move over to a dediated, if you are not familiar or advanced with the SQL side of things you will be starting fresh and wiping your players.