[RELEASE] Vehicle Key Changer - For making Masterkey - V 1.4 (Updated 06/15/2014)

OtterNas3

I use a script to deploy vehicles. I have the script configured so deployed vehicles are not written to the database, but with this script, if a player makes a key for the deployed item, it saves it to the database. Any way to blacklist specific vehicles? The vehicles that can be deployed do not deploy and can not be purchased, so blacklisting the vehicle classnames will be fine for my purposes.

I have something like that for my mission vehicles as they're DZ variants with ammo, kinda hacky whacky solution but it gets the job done.

in VKC init.sqf file find this line

_cursorTarget = cursorTarget;

and replace it with this

_cursorTarget = cursorTarget;
_typeOfCursorTarget = typeOf _cursorTarget;
_something = _typeOfCursorTarget in NOCLAIM;
if (!_something) then {

And somewhere at the bottom of that same file add this little extra so you don't break it

} else {
[] call ON_fnc_vkcReset;
};

Then create an array in your variables.sqf and add your blacklisted vehicles

NOCLAIM = ["ArmoredSUV_PMC_DZ","GAZ_Vodnik_DZ","HMMWV_M1151_M2_CZ_DES_EP1_DZ","HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1_DZ","LandRover_MG_TK_EP1_DZ","LandRover_Special_CZ_EP1_DZ","Pickup_PK_GUE_DZ","Pickup_PK_INS_DZ","Pickup_PK_TK_GUE_EP1_DZ","UAZ_MG_TK_EP1_DZ","CH_47F_EP1_DZ","UH1H_DZ","Mi17_DZ","UH60M_EP1_DZ","UH1Y_DZ","MH60S_DZ","AH6J_DZ","CSJ_GyroC","TT650_Civ","Old_bike_TK_CIV_EP1","M2StaticMG","DSHKM_Ins","M2HD_mini_TriPod","DSHkM_Mini_TriPod","MK19_TriPod","AGS_RU"];

I think we're using different versions. I have a VehicleKeyChanger_init.sqf and I have a "vkc_cursorTarget = cursorTarget;" line. Putting your changes in caused all sorts of crazy errors in my log. I didn't have time to look things over as I was pressed for time, which is never a good thing when you are coding :) so I'll have to look at it again at a later time.

On another topic, has anyone considered adding an option that would allow a player to remove the lock from a vehicle that they have previously made a key for? Maybe require something like a lockpick kit and a toolbox? The player removing the lock would have to have the key for that vehicle on their person or the key would have to be placed inside the vehicle? 

Sorry i was out for lunch when i found the failure and it seems my mobile did not made the change complete to the post.

Looks like you copied before i made the change to the code for the fn_selfActions.sqf

change this line:

if (speed player <= 1 && !isEngineOn _cursorTarget && (_typeOfCursorTarget == "Car" || _typeOfCursorTarget == "Air" || _typeOfCursorTarget == "Ship")) then {

to this:

if (speed player <= 1 && !isEngineOn _cursorTarget && (_cursorTarget isKindOf "Car" || _cursorTarget isKindOf "Air" || _cursorTarget isKindOf == "Ship")) then {

And you just need the one Car you wanna change to a new Key. You need the Key to change it to and the Key it is actually on.

Both have to be in your Inventory (Toolbelt), not in your Backpack.

I did not see any thing to do with the fn_selfActions.sqf in the instructions???  Help please

publicvariableval.txt ----- can anyone tell me which changes i must do in it?

I use notebook++.  I think you have to download it but there is a tool that I use in notebook++ that lets you to compare the files. Mine is under Plugins/Compare/Compare.

Puts them side by side and colors what is different. Then I just copy and paste. Hope this helps.

I use notebook++.  I think you have to download it but there is a tool that I use in notebook++ that lets you to compare the files. Mine is under Plugins/Compare/Compare.

Puts them side by side and colors what is different. Then I just copy and paste. Hope this helps.

100% different so I won't merge the two files, I just need to know exactly wich ones are needed for this mod, thx

• 3 months later...

this is the worst tutorial. it does not include anything that helps you to install the mod. It is very minimal, does not display the changes that were made to the server_updateobject.sqf nor the be filters. and if anyone notices in your infistar the cMenu is disabled. enabling it can cause problems.

I really think this is majorly outdated and overwriting your serverupdateobject file will mess lot of things up especially because these companies now add their own code.

horrible tutorial sorry. just doesnt work without explanations You cannot just upload the crap, change a few lines and be done. there is shit ton of steps missing and they are not listed. further down the pages shows the creator talking about changine vehiclefunctions script. WHERE THE F is that? when was it included? nothing was talked about. 

GARBAGE! dont be hating because you messed up

54 minutes ago, merlin07 said:

this is the worst tutorial. it does not include anything that helps you to install the mod. It is very minimal, does not display the changes that were made to the server_updateobject.sqf nor the be filters. and if anyone notices in your infistar the cMenu is disabled. enabling it can cause problems.

I really think this is majorly outdated and overwriting your serverupdateobject file will mess lot of things up especially because these companies now add their own code.

horrible tutorial sorry. just doesnt work without explanations You cannot just upload the crap, change a few lines and be done. there is shit ton of steps missing and they are not listed. further down the pages shows the creator talking about changine vehiclefunctions script. WHERE THE F is that? when was it included? nothing was talked about. 

GARBAGE! dont be hating because you messed up

why don't you take hours and hours and code it.  Like the OP did...   I personally can't code, and have this installed on my server and it runs fine.  After you've installed a few scripts, you get the understanding of the layout of the files and what does what.  With that reply, insulting a coder with a working script i wouldn't be willing to help you. If you would of said something alng the lines of i dont understand this part...or that part...people are willing to help.  But GL now...

who said i needed help?

I have posted more tutorials for people  on server hosting company pages then these "coders". 

If you are going to do something then do it right, otherwise do not do it at all. 

There are people still  playing arma 2 and starting off on their own. When they arrive to these sites and see a 2 year old post, there is not viable help. Because these shit companies change how the code is defined by being called from multiple variables and locations. I dont understand how you can miss something like that? 

again, what good is a tutorial if it is dismissive.

do what you want, idc. i just sick and tired of people coming on forums like this and getting misinformed. they might as well work for places like survival servers and gtx or vilayer and stick to the same unhelpful routine and arrogance. 

On 12/1/2015, 11:46:31, Robio said:

Considering this is almost two years old...And instead of bashing the OP why don't you ask for help?

As you can see below your post he is just going to go on and on. There are two kind of people in the world. Those who complain about every thing and those who are willing to fix things. Now that is just me thinking out loud. I have used this forum for well over a year now. There have been times that I could not find my answer on here and that is why someone invented Google. This forum is not perfect but it is somewhere to try to find an answer. I have built over 20 different Arma 2/3 servers and 99% of the time I come here to try to find the answer. So Thank you Epochmod.com

7 hours ago, merlin07 said:

who said i needed help?

I have posted more tutorials for people  on server hosting company pages then these "coders". 

If you are going to do something then do it right, otherwise do not do it at all. 

There are people still  playing arma 2 and starting off on their own. When they arrive to these sites and see a 2 year old post, there is not viable help. Because these shit companies change how the code is defined by being called from multiple variables and locations. I dont understand how you can miss something like that? 

again, what good is a tutorial if it is dismissive.

do what you want, idc. i just sick and tired of people coming on forums like this and getting misinformed. they might as well work for places like survival servers and gtx or vilayer and stick to the same unhelpful routine and arrogance. 

Do you expect "viable" help after two years? From one single person? Really? Expect some major disappointment here then. Most have moved on. And then you blame BIS for changing things. Who are you really mad at?  His tutorial may not be the most elegant but at least he was kind enough to share it. But bitching about gets you nowhere. Seeing that you " speak your mind. dont like it get the fuck out". I have a feeling you will be the one getting out. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm still playing ArmA2 Epoch Mod and just found this script which lets me clean up the mess with the vehicle keys -- it's awesome! :D

But I have one question:

How can I edit this script to add an unclaim function for vehicles to delete a key requirement?

It would be nice if I could confige a prerequisite for unclaiming, too, eg. 1x Scrap Metal.

I got it work by adding two lines:

vkc_temp_keys = vkc_temp_keys - [vkc_carKey];
vkc_temp_keys = vkc_temp_keys + [0];
vkc_temp_keysDisplayName = vkc_temp_keysDisplayName - [vkc_carKeyName];
vkc_temp_keysDisplayName = vkc_temp_keysDisplayName + ["NO KEY"];

within the "Change Key" section in "vehiclekeychange_init.sqf". It starts in Line #196, shown in Notepad++.

Now I have the problem that after reverting a car's key to "none" kills my mouse wheel menus/doesn't let me change/claim any other vehicles, or even kills my Admin Tool menus. I don't know how to force a database reload in-game, if that's ever possible.

Your script only works by changing keys or claiming non-key vehicles, but it fails by setting object_id to zero, switching it to a non-key vehicle. I think that's a limitation of ArmA2, rather than your fault, although you've got some typo's:

vehiclekeychanger_init.sqf, line 85:

if (vkc_cTarget getVariable ["VKC_claming_disabled", 0] == 0) then {

"VKC_claming_disabled" must be "VKC_claiming_disabled", or disabling won't work (on co-op servers, disabling is rather useless at all, so I appreciate a switch in config file).

Some minor typos in vehiclekeychanger.sqf (nothing bad at all), such as missing "format[]" or adding variables (%1, %2) wile not needed in systemChat operation.

_targetVehicle setVehicleLock "LOCKED";

after key change was deleted for testing purposes, but they lock at all, and I don't know why. Locking a vehicle while deleting key necessarity is futil as you can't access it any more unless the server is restarted. That's really confusing me, and I ask myself if we can't get rid of the 3-seconds-update routine and integrate the functions to car menus?

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, nidico100 said:

Found an issue.

When you sell one of those cars, while having the key in your inventory (didn't test with key in backpack or in safe), you loose your master key.

its a epoch feature

if you sell a car, it remove the key auto. from your gear (only)

didn't test it, but remove this lines in your trade_any_vehicle (x2) and trade_any_boat (x2) files

} else {
                            player removeMagazine _keySelected;

57 minutes ago, 3steN8igall said:

its a epoch feature

if you sell a car, it remove the key auto. from your gear (only)

didn't test it, but remove this lines in your trade_any_vehicle (x2) and trade_any_boat (x2) files

okay I will test it tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2014 at 2:49 PM, hellraver said:

[RELEASE] Vehicle Key Changer - For making Masterkey - V 1.5.4 (Updated 26/10/2014)

Changes: Debugging (heli distance menu appears) I'm sorry. Was my fault.

Have Fun!

Best regards

hellraver

Hint: This is a unofficial version and is not from Otternas3!!!

VehicleKeyChanger_v1.5.4.zip

Does anyone have this loaded up somewhere else since this site is not letting me download?

Well, I can see many person having trouble to make it working so I decided to make this little tutorial because there is clearly a lack of good information here, even if this script is 2 year old not a reason.

I have no problem at all with it. No rollback or vehicles, dupe...... Its working with Zupa's coins.  its working 100% like it should.

1- If you don't have a ''custom'' folder in your MPmission create one.

2- In the custom, create a folder and call it;

VehicleKeyChanger

3- Create 2 files in VehicleKeyChanger and add the following in it.

a) VehicleKeyChanger.sqf 

http://pastebin.com/qzzm6Nds

b) VehicleKeyChanger_init.sqf

http://pastebin.com/MvpVS19n

4- In your MPmission Init.sqf put this line

_nil = [] execVM "custom\VehicleKeyChanger\VehicleKeyChanger_init.sqf";

Before the closing bracket (looks like that)

if (!isDedicated) then {
    0 fadeSound 0;
    waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
    dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];

_nil = [] execVM "custom\VehicleKeyChanger\VehicleKeyChanger_init.sqf";  ///////////// HERE

};

5- In your dayz_server.pbo  open your compile   then server_updateObject.sqf

a) Right after      _object_repair = {

Add this;

http://pastebin.com/UNH0kmNg

b) And at the end  look for;

case "repair": {
        call _object_damage;
    };

make it so its looks like that;

case "repair": {
        call _object_damage;
    };

case "vehiclekey": {
        _activatingPlayer = _this select 2;
        _vehicleClassname = _this select 3;
        _toKey = _this select 4;
        _toKeyName = _this select 5;
        _vehicle_ID = _this select 6;
        _vehicle_UID = _this select 7;
        [_activatingPlayer, _vehicleClassname, _toKey, _toKeyName, _vehicle_ID, _vehicle_UID] call _object_vehicleKey;;

};    
};

Thats it you are done. Its working without any problem if you just do EXACTLY what I said.

If its not working for you well too bad, this is simple to do and works. I ain't gonna help for it more than I just did.

I hope it help some of you.

• 1 month later...

Installed this script on a new server. I set it so no one can clam vehicles, only master keys. Admins can change keys no problem. If a player tries to scroll on a vehicle (has key maker kit on them) the option comes up to pick the key you want, but then quickly goes away. Don't even have time to pick key. 

I use infistar for admin tools.

Anyone seen this before and know how to fix?

I have fixed this before, BUT the answer is lost in my mind somewhere, please help me find it. It needs me.....