[RELEASE] Vehicle Key Changer - For making Masterkey - V 1.4 (Updated 06/15/2014)

OtterNas3

Could it be possible to put a max of vehicles on a master key?

I have the idea that vehicles get replaced by other vehicles if the are to many on the masterkey.

Or is it something else that replaces other vehicles.

Like a Vodnik is after restart a SUV Armored.

And a SUV Armored  is a AH1Z .

[RELEASE] Vehicle Key Changer - For making Masterkey - V 1.5.4 (Updated 26/10/2014)

Changes: Debugging (heli distance menu appears) I'm sorry. Was my fault.

Have Fun!

Best regards

hellraver

Hint: This is a unofficial version and is not from Otternas3!!!

Im using that version but there is a problem.

When i start using it, whenever ANY player joins a game he gets like 5-10seconds freeze...

When i disable this addons, all works fine - no freezes.

What could be solution of that?

RPTs client/server are clean.

First of all, great script, I really love this script and so do those who play on my servers :)

I just have 1 question, would it be possible to make a couple of classes so that you can have multiple prizes for claiming vehicles ?

Because it's not fair that the cost of claiming a skoda is the same as a stryker or a large chopper, it's just an idea :)

Best regards

Michael

Another idea with this script, would it be possible to make it so, if a server is running this script, that you will only be able to sell a car, boat, heli, plane etc if you got a key for it, what I mean is, you have to pay the price that the server owner has set for the claiming of a vehicle to be able to sell it at trader, and maybe put in a state factor on the selling price, the more damaged the vehicle is the less money you get, so that people just can't run around picking up cars on the map an selling them and earn alot off money, you have to give some to get some. :D

This way people have to keep in mind if they are getting shot at, collide with object etc could cause them to loose money if they don't watch out.

Well that was just a thought :)

Hi all

Plz help me, rpt client log

waitUntil {PVDZE_vkc_Success || !PVDZE_vkc_Success}>
  Error position: <PVDZE_vkc_Success || !PVDZE_vkc_Success}>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: pvdze_vkc_success
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\custom\VehicleKeyChanger\VehicleKeyChanger.sqf, line 260
Error in expression <shed = true;
};
sleep 1;
};

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Chernarus\custom\VehicleKeyChanger\VehicleKeyChanger.sqf, line 260

after the animation , nothing happens (

Hi

I've been running this scripton 2 servers for a while now without any problems, but then I had to reinstall one of the servers, then I followed the installation manual once again, and now everytime I try to change key I get kicked by battleye restrictions #292 and if I try to claim a vehicle I get kicked by battleye restrictions #291

I've copy/paste the code that was needed and to the places they should go, I've overwritten the battleye restriction file

Anyone knows why this is happening ?

Okey once again I managed to figure out the problem :D

For those who are running an Overpoch Chernarus server from same server company as me (Gaming Deluxe) and is having the same problem with the battleye restrictions #291 & #292 with this addon, you have to change the publicvariableval.txt in the instance_1_Overpoch folder and NOT the instance_11_Chernarus folder.

This was confusing for me to figure out, because in the init.sqf file it states that it's using the instance 11 so I thought that it also was there I had to change / update my battleye files, but this worked for me :)

• 4 weeks later...

Okay after looking around for a working single currency conversion for this I decided to make my own since I couldn't seem to find one...

Tested with single currency 3.0

Followed the install on the

Use these files instead of the supplied:

VehicleKeyChanger.sqf

VehicleKeyChanger_init.sqf

*Don't forget the server_updateObject.sqf portion stated in the first post insall

Additionally to remove some RPT spam do the following:

(spam caused by undefined variable s_player_claimvehicle/s_player_copyToKey)

In your variables.sqf add these to the dayz_resetSelfActions  portion:

s_player_claimvehicle = -1;
s_player_copyToKey = -1;

I do not get an option to claim vehicles or change keys. I've done everything to the letter and still no luck. I'm not seeing ANYTHING in my log about it. But I am calling the init file from my description, I have added the code to my server_updateobject.sqf and added the proper files in my mission folder. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I believe the included server_updateObject.sqf is missing a ; (semi-colon) at the end of line 143      _object setHit ["_selection", _hit]

Maybe it's not needed there, but I'm pretty sure it is supposed to be. So, you may get errors if you are using the included one from the first post.

• 5 weeks later...

Okay after looking around for a working single currency conversion for this I decided to make my own since I couldn't seem to find one...

Tested with single currency 3.0

Followed the install on the

Use these files instead of the supplied:

VehicleKeyChanger.sqf

VehicleKeyChanger_init.sqf

I wondered that the coins for claiming a vehicle were deducted, but not for changing a key. :huh:

I checked the VehicleKeyChanger.sqf and found a typo in this part:

/* Check again for the needed price or claiming price and remove em from the players inventory */
    _magazinesPlayer = magazines player;
    if (_Price != "0") then {
        /* Player still has the costs in hi inventory */
        if ((parseNumber _Price) < (player getVariable["cashMoney",0])) then {
            _coinsremove = parseNumber _claimingPrice;
            [player, _coinsremove] call SC_fnc_removeCoins;
            systemChat (format["Keychange costs %1 coins, thanks for your Payment!", _Price]);

The line

_coinsremove = parseNumber _claimingPrice;

needs to be changed to

_coinsremove = parseNumber _Price;

All fine now :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I installed this script recently. Version 1.4 and since then, when a player changes key over to master they can't use tow/lift (I'm using R3F Tow/Lift) until restart.

I noticed there are a few unofficial updates for this script. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, has it been fixed?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi we have been trying to get 1.5.4 to work on our server for the past week .. we get the menu and it takes the silver. but never puts the key into the backpack and never changes the key.. and it is throwing this error code over and over again.

22:13:21 Error Missing {
22:13:21 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 332
22:13:21 Error in expression <ehicle_UID] call _object_vehicleKey;
};

this is what our line 325 threw 334 looks like.

case "vehiclekey": {
            _activatingPlayer = _this select 2;
            _vehicleClassname = _this select 3;
            _toKey = _this select 4;
            _toKeyName = _this select 5;
            _vehicle_ID = _this select 6;
            _vehicle_UID = _this select 7;
            [_activatingPlayer, _vehicleClassname, _toKey, _toKeyName, _vehicle_ID, _vehicle_UID] call _object_vehicleKey;
     };
};

nothing below this.

Hi we have been trying to get 1.5.4 to work on our server for the past week .. we get the menu and it takes the silver. but never puts the key into the backpack and never changes the key.. and it is throwing this error code over and over again.

22:13:21 Error Missing {
22:13:21 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 332
22:13:21 Error in expression <ehicle_UID] call _object_vehicleKey;
};

this is what our line 325 threw 334 looks like.

_toKey = _this select 4;
            [_activatingPlayer, _vehicleClassname, _toKey, _toKeyName, _vehicle_ID, _vehicle_UID] call _object_vehicleKey;
     };
};

nothing below this.

There is one line in my server_updateObject.sqf

[_activatingPlayer, _vehicleClassname, _toKey, _toKeyName, _vehicle_ID, _vehicle_UID] call _object_vehicleKey;;  <- note the second ; yours has one.

Hope this fixes your problem!

@CABoyer

Thank you for sending me your server_updateObject.sqf file. I have found the error. You have an error causes and not the developer or yours truly. You must be more careful when they change something ;-) In the line 322 they have a bracket made too much. This clip triggers the error. So please delete.

// TODO ----------------------

_object setVariable ["lastUpdate",time,true];
switch (_type) do {
	case "all": {
		call _object_position;
		call _object_inventory;
		call _object_damage;
		};
	case "position": {
		if (!(_object in needUpdate_objects)) then {
			//diag_log format["DEBUG Position: Added to NeedUpdate=%1",_object];
			needUpdate_objects set [count needUpdate_objects, _object];
		};
	};
	case "gear": {
		call _object_inventory;
			};
	case "damage": {
		if ( (time - _lastUpdate) > 5) then {
			call _object_damage;
		} else {
			if (!(_object in needUpdate_objects)) then {
				//diag_log format["DEBUG Damage: Added to NeedUpdate=%1",_object];
				needUpdate_objects set [count needUpdate_objects, _object];
			};
		};
	};
	case "killed": {
		call _object_killed;
	};
	case "repair": {
		call _object_damage;
	};
}; <- "THIS IS THE BUG. PLEASE DELETE"
		_toKey = _this select 4;
	};
};
And you do not use the server_updateObject.sqf from the 1.5.4 version. That's the next problem.

There is one line in my server_updateObject.sqf

[_activatingPlayer, _vehicleClassname, _toKey, _toKeyName, _vehicle_ID, _vehicle_UID] call _object_vehicleKey;;  <- note the second ; yours has one.

Hope this fixes your problem!

The second semicolon you can delete. However, it may remain there because it does not trigger an error. The accuracy sake, I would delete it ;-)

Hi all

Plz help me, rpt client log

Error in expression <shed = true;
};
sleep 1;
};

after the animation , nothing happens (

You use the server_updateObject.sqf from the 1.5.4 Version?

Hey Guys,

Since days i'm trying to get the script to work - problem is that when I change the key I get the Please Wait Message and after a while it says failed... since i'm using a custom server_update.sqf I diffmerged it as good as I can but i guess somethings wrong or missing.

RPT Log does not have a single entry about the KeyChanger - so I'm pretty clueless where to start...  After looking into VehicleKeyChanger.sqf i found following lines:

/* This calls the custom update function which we put it in server_updateObject.sqf */
	PVDZE_veh_Update = [_targetVehicle, "vehiclekey", player, _typeOfTargetVehicle, keyNumberSelect, keyNameSelect, _targetVehicleID, _targetVehicleUID]; 
	publicVariableServer "PVDZE_veh_Update";

Does this really mean that i have to put: PVDZE_veh_Update = [_targetVehicle, "vehiclekey", player, _typeOfTargetVehicle, keyNumberSelect, keyNameSelect, _targetVehicleID, _targetVehicleUID];

publicVariableServer "PVDZE_veh_Update"; into my custom server_update.sqf and if yes where should I place it...

hope you guys can help....

@hellraver

Love the script, Working great - I run coins on my server and was wondering if you or someone could add coins instead of gold bars _ see this post

I tried this and it works changes key, takes coin but I dont get an option to unlock any vehicles once done, Just wondering if you or someone could add to your latest version

Thanks

MegaZ

• 1 month later...