[RELEASE] Vehicle Key Changer - For making Masterkey - V 1.4 (Updated 06/15/2014)

OtterNas3

With private ["_playerPOS","_nearSP"]; it doesn't work at all, without it, it the script still works anywhere. I've changed the object I want the player to be in proximity to as well, it's now

// Increase distance only if AIR || SHIP_playerPos = getPosATL player;_nearSP = count nearestObjects [_playerPos, ["Map_Heli_H_cross],15] > 0;_allowedDistance = 4;_isAir = cursorTarget isKindOf "Air";_isShip = cursorTarget isKindOf "Ship";if(_isAir || _isShip) then {	_allowedDistance = 8;};/* Start the loop check */while{true} do {	if (!isNull cursorTarget && (cursorTarget isKindOf "AllVehicles") && (player distance cursorTarget < _allowedDistance) && (!isEngineOn cursorTarget) && (_nearSP)) then {

[RELEASE] Vehicle Key Changer - For making Masterkey - V 1.5.4 (Updated 26/10/2014)

Changes: Debugging (heli distance menu appears) I'm sorry. Was my fault.

Have Fun!

Best regards

hellraver

Hint: This is a unofficial version and is not from Otternas3!!!

How to install this?

I added the folder + server_updateObject to the right places, but it doesn't work?

EDIT: Nvm, just follow the original install  :lol:

Other question

How could i make it so that only some vehicles can be claimed.

Something like

_claimveh=["SUV_Blue", "SUV_Camo", "SUV_Charcoal", "SUV_DZ", "SUV_Green", "SUV_Orange", "SUV_Pink"];

And then in the claim part

if (!isNull cursorTarget && /*(cursorTarget isKindOf "AllVehicles") not needed i guess???*/ && (player distance cursorTarget <= 10) && (!isEngineOn cursorTarget) && (cursorTarget in _claimveh)) then {

Something like this?

Other question

Something like

_claimveh=["SUV_Blue", "SUV_Camo", "SUV_Charcoal", "SUV_DZ", "SUV_Green", "SUV_Orange", "SUV_Pink"];

if (!isNull cursorTarget && /*(cursorTarget isKindOf "AllVehicles") not needed i guess???*/ && (player distance cursorTarget <= 10) && (!isEngineOn cursorTarget) && (cursorTarget in _claimveh)) then {

Something like this?

I thing that the following should work but I have not tested it myself:

private ["_claimveh", "_typeveh"];  // this can be a seaprate listing of these private variables, or the variables can be added to the main listing at the top of the script.

_claimveh=["SUV_Blue", "SUV_Camo", "SUV_Charcoal", "SUV_DZ", "SUV_Green", "SUV_Orange", "SUV_Pink"]; // array of vehicles that can be claimed

_typeveh = typeOf cursorTarget;  // get the class name for the vehicle.

if (!isNull cursorTarget && (player distance cursorTarget <= 10) && (!isEngineOn cursorTarget) && (_typeveh in _claimveh)) then {

I included the code to define _typeveh, but you can also omit it and just have the if statement as follows

if (!isNull cursorTarget && (player distance cursorTarget <= 10) && (!isEngineOn cursorTarget) && (typeOf cursorTarget in _claimveh)) then {

You might consider defining the list of vehicles that can be claimed using a global variable that is defined in the init file for the script to consolidate the settings, but that is a secondary point.

Hope this is helpful,

Ghost

I've tried a few different ways to make it so this can only be used at certain locations, specifically within 10m of "Map_Heli_H_cross" which is my service point object. This is so the key changer will act like part of the service point, and players have to travel to a certain location to claim vehicles and change keys. Is that something you can help me accomplish?

I've tried a few different ways to make it so this can only be used at certain locations, specifically within 10m of "Map_Heli_H_cross" which is my service point object. This is so the key changer will act like part of the service point, and players have to travel to a certain location to claim vehicles and change keys. Is that something you can help me accomplish?

You can test whether an object like "Map_Heli_H_Cross" is near the player (or any other object really) with nearestObjects (object, ["array of items to look for nearby"], distanceToSearch];.

You could try something like this:

if (!isNull cursorTarget && (player distance cursorTarget <= 10) && (!isEngineOn cursorTarget) && (nearestObjects [player, "Map_Heli_H_Cross", 10] > 0)) then {

Hope this is helpful.

Why do not read my Question? I do not get it ^^

Other question

Something like

Something like this?

Use this Code:

vkc_AllowedClaimVehicle = [
	"SUV_Blue", "SUV_Camo", "SUV_Charcoal", "SUV_DZ", "SUV_Green", "SUV_Orange", "SUV_Pink"
];

if (!isNull cursorTarget && (typeOf cursorTarget) in vkc_AllowedClaimVehicle && (player distance cursorTarget <= 10) && (!isEngineOn cursorTarget)) then {

You can test whether an object like "Map_Heli_H_Cross" is near the player (or any other object really) with nearestObjects (object, ["array of items to look for nearby"], distanceToSearch];.

You could try something like this:

if (!isNull cursorTarget && (player distance cursorTarget <= 10) && (!isEngineOn cursorTarget) && (nearestObjects [player, "Map_Heli_H_Cross", 10] > 0)) then {

Hope this is helpful.

This didn't work, No option to claim anywhere, with the line you gave me removed it works though.

/***********************************/ 	
/* Vehicle Key Changer v1.5.4      */
/* Written by OtterNas3            */
/* January, 11, 2014               */
/* Last update: 26/10/2014         */
/* Advanced by hellraver           */
/***********************************/

/////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Edit these settings to fit your needs/likes //
///// Claim Vehicles that do not have a Key /////
///////// 0 = Not allowed | 1 = Allowed /////////
vkc_claimKey = 1;
/////// Change Key to create a Masterkey ////////
///////// 0 = Not allowed | 1 = Allowed /////////
vkc_changeKey = 1;
//////// Set to "0" to disable the costs ////////
vkc_claimKeyPrice = "ItemGoldBar10oz";
//////// Set to "0" to disable the costs ////////
vkc_changeKeyPrice = "ItemGoldBar10oz";
////// Need KeyKit to use Claim Vehicle Key /////
////////// 0 = Not needed | 1 = Needed //////////
vkc_claimNeedKeykit = 1;
///// Need KeyKit to use Change Vehicle Key /////
////////// 0 = Not needed | 1 = Needed //////////
vkc_changeNeedKeykit = 1;
// Change Key & Claim Vehicles costs this Item //
/// Any Item can be used here, some examples: ///
//// ItemTinBar, ItemSilverBar, ItemGoldBar, ////
////// ItemSilverBar10oz, ItemGoldBar10oz, //////
///// ItemBriefcase20oz, ItemBriefcase100oz /////
/////////////// DONT EDIT BELOW ! ///////////////

/* Wait for player full ingame so we can access the action-menu */
waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_animalCheck"};

/* Start the loop check */
while{true} do {
	if (!isNull cursorTarget && (cursorTarget isKindOf "AllVehicles") && (player distance cursorTarget <= 10) && (!isEngineOn cursorTarget) && (nearestObjects [player, "Map_Heli_H_Cross", 10] > 0)) then {
		vkc_cursorTarget = cursorTarget;
		vkc_ownerID = vkc_cursorTarget getVariable ["CharacterID","0"];

if (vkc_claimKey == 1 && vkc_ownerID == "0" && vkc_cursorTarget getVariable ["VKC_claiming_disabled", 0] == 0) then {
			vkc_magazinesPlayer = magazines player;
			vkc_itemsPlayer = items player;

if (("ItemKeyKit" in vkc_itemsPlayer || vkc_claimNeedKeykit == 0) && (vkc_claimKeyPrice == "0" || vkc_claimKeyPrice in vkc_magazinesPlayer)) then {
				vkc_objectID = vkc_cursorTarget getVariable ["ObjectID","0"];
				vkc_objectUID = vkc_cursorTarget getVariable ["ObjectUID","0"];

if (!(vkc_objectID == "0" && vkc_objectUID == "0")) then {

if (s_player_claimKey < 0) then {
						s_player_claimKey = player addAction [("<t color='#00FFFF'>" + ("Claim Vehicle Key") + "</t>"),"custom\VehicleKeyChanger\VehicleKeyChanger.sqf",[vkc_cursorTarget, vkc_temp_keys, vkc_ownerID, vkc_temp_keysDisplayName, "0", "0", "0", vkc_claimKeyPrice],-1002,false,false,"",""];
					};

} else {

player removeAction s_player_claimKey;
					s_player_claimKey = -1;
				};

} else {

s_player_claimKey = -1;
			};

} else {

s_player_claimKey = -1;
		};

if (vkc_changeKey == 1 && vkc_ownerID != "0" && vkc_cursorTarget getVariable ["VKC_disabled",0] == 0) then {
			vkc_magazinesPlayer = magazines player;
			vkc_itemsPlayer = items player;

if (("ItemKeyKit" in vkc_itemsPlayer || vkc_changeNeedKeykit == 0) && (vkc_changeKeyPrice == "0" || vkc_changeKeyPrice in vkc_magazinesPlayer)) then {
				vkc_objectID = vkc_cursorTarget getVariable ["ObjectID","0"];
				vkc_objectUID = vkc_cursorTarget getVariable ["ObjectUID","0"];

if (!(vkc_objectID == "0" && vkc_objectUID == "0")) then {

vkc_key_colors = ["ItemKeyYellow","ItemKeyBlue","ItemKeyRed","ItemKeyGreen","ItemKeyBlack"];
					vkc_temp_keys = [];
					vkc_temp_keysDisplayName = [];
					vkc_temp_keysDisplayNameParse = [];
					vkc_temp_keysParse = [];

{

if (configName(inheritsFrom(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x)) in vkc_key_colors) then {
							vkc_ownerKeyId = getNumber(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x >> "keyid");
							vkc_keyName = getText(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x >> "displayName");
							vkc_temp_keysDisplayName set [count vkc_temp_keysDisplayName,vkc_keyName];
							vkc_temp_keysDisplayNameParse set [vkc_ownerKeyId,vkc_keyName];
							vkc_temp_keys set [count vkc_temp_keys,str(vkc_ownerKeyId)];
							vkc_temp_keysParse set [vkc_ownerKeyId, _x];
						};
					} forEach vkc_itemsPlayer;

vkc_hasKey = vkc_ownerID in vkc_temp_keys;

if (vkc_hasKey && (count vkc_temp_keys) > 1) then {
						vkc_carKeyName = (vkc_temp_keysDisplayNameParse select (parseNumber vkc_ownerID));
						vkc_targetVehicleKey = (vkc_temp_keysParse select (parseNumber vkc_ownerID));
						vkc_temp_keys = vkc_temp_keys - [vkc_ownerID];
						vkc_temp_keysDisplayName = vkc_temp_keysDisplayName - [vkc_carKeyName];

if (s_player_changeKey < 0) then {
							s_player_changeKey = player addAction [("<t color=""#0000FF"">" + ("Change Vehicle Key") + "</t>"),"custom\VehicleKeyChanger\VehicleKeyChanger.sqf",[vkc_cursorTarget, vkc_temp_keys, vkc_ownerID, vkc_temp_keysDisplayName, vkc_carKeyName, vkc_targetVehicleKey, vkc_changeKeyPrice, "0"],-1002,false,false,"",""];
						};

} else {

player removeAction s_player_changeKey;
						s_player_changeKey = -1;
					};

} else {

s_player_changeKey = -1;
				};

} else {

s_player_changeKey = -1;
			};

} else {

s_player_changeKey = -1;
		};

} else {

s_player_claimKey = -1;
		s_player_changeKey = -1;
	};

};

Hellraver i'm not sure what you mean, i know you don't speak english natively so we must be losing something in translation

Tried at the beginning and end of that line just for giggles and same situation. Maybe I can't use the MAP_Heli_H_Cross Class? It's a pain to work with in the editor anyways but I know it's not used anywhere else on the map. Also no errors in the local or server RPT files that point toward this script, just one from my bury/eat body script.

• 2 weeks later...

So looked through the thread didnt see this but is there a way to add the master key to loadout. This is my current loadout.sqf

//Default Loadout
DefaultMagazines = ["ItemMorphine","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","HandChemRed","ItemHeatPack","ItemPainkiller","ItemWaterbottleBoiled","FoodCanSardines","64Rnd_9x19_SD_Bizon","64Rnd_9x19_SD_Bizon","64Rnd_9x19_SD_Bizon"];
DefaultWeapons = ["ItemMap","Binocular","ItemCompass","ItemToolbox","ItemHatchet","bizon_silenced"];
DefaultBackpack = "DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1";
DefaultBackpackWeapon = "ItemMorphine","ItemMorphine";

//Admin Loadout
if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["000000000000"]) then {  //Admins high
DefaultMagazines = ["ItemMorphine","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemHeatPack","ItemPainkiller","ItemWaterbottleBoiled","FoodCanSardines","64Rnd_9x19_SD_Bizon","64Rnd_9x19_SD_Bizon","64Rnd_9x19_SD_Bizon"];
DefaultWeapons = ["ItemMap","Binocular","ItemKeyBlue592","ItemCompass","ItemToolbox","ItemHatchet","bizon_silenced"];
DefaultBackpackWeapon = "ItemMorphine","ItemMorphine";

//Admin Loadout
if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["0000000000"]) then {  //Admins low
    DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","FoodSteakCooked","15Rnd_9x19_M9","15Rnd_9x19_M9","15Rnd_9x19_M9"];
    DefaultWeapons = ["ItemMap","ItemCompass","M9"];
    DefaultBackpackWeapon = "";
    };

In the next update i will integrate the nearest Object function ^^ Ok?

First thank you and Nas for this awesome script. Have it on my test server and so far it's working great. 

One suggestion that might make this a little easier is some dialog telling users they must have both keys and a keymakers kit and the required gold/silver in their inventory in order to claim/change the key. I'm unsure where to put that dialog in the script.  I assuming it's in the loop check. 

It seems like nothing is being defined on a fresh install... Other people in the thread have had this problem but no one is giving a solution... How exactly do I fix these errors? EDIT: I also got these errors with OP's files and I did it again with hellravers and it still won't work...

if (vkc_claimKey == 1 && vkc_ownerID == "0" && vkc_cursorTarget g>
  Error position: <vkc_ownerID == "0" && vkc_cursorTarget g>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: vkc_ownerid
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\custom\VehicleKeyChanger\VehicleKeyChanger_init.sqf, line 56
Error in expression <= -1;
};

} else {

s_player_claimKey = ->
  Error position: <s_player_claimKey;
s_player_claimKey = ->
  Error Undefined variable in expression: s_player_claimkey
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\custom\VehicleKeyChanger\VehicleKeyChanger_init.sqf, line 154

This is such a great script! I installed it on my server just over a week ago (I think) and have had so many positive comments about it. Managing multiple keys was a real pain sometimes, and this has completely removed it. 

Also, being able to claim spawned vehicles is a really great feature, which again, has had lots of really great feedback.

Thanks for making our gaming lives a lot easier OtterNas. Really appreciate your great work, and thank you for sharing this with us all.

It seems like nothing is being defined on a fresh install... Other people in the thread have had this problem but no one is giving a solution... How exactly do I fix these errors? EDIT: I also got these errors with OP's files and I did it again with hellravers and it still won't work...

if (vkc_claimKey == 1 && vkc_ownerID == "0" && vkc_cursorTarget g>
  Error position: <vkc_ownerID == "0" && vkc_cursorTarget g>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: vkc_ownerid
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\custom\VehicleKeyChanger\VehicleKeyChanger_init.sqf, line 56
Error in expression <= -1;
};

} else {

s_player_claimKey = ->
  Error position: <s_player_claimKey;
s_player_claimKey = ->
  Error Undefined variable in expression: s_player_claimkey
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\custom\VehicleKeyChanger\VehicleKeyChanger_init.sqf, line 154

http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20979-s-player-settings-variable-in-several-scripts-and-generating-rpt-errrors-how-to-fix/?hl=charid#entry167595