[RELEASE] Vehicle Key Changer - For making Masterkey - V 1.4 (Updated 06/15/2014)

OtterNas3

Now it is working for me, but not with this TuT... I actually use an older version of this script which i could get from a friend.

Dunno the reason why this one here doesnt work, whatever, the older version works great now :)

you mean "can" ? ;)

Forsure, here is my fast and furious tutorial:

Download:

http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/89720384/file.html

Install:

Open your init.sqf and find this block:

if (!isDedicated) then {
0 fadeSound 0;
waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
};

Place this line "before" the last bracket and after the _playerMonitor line:

_nil = [] execVM "scripts\masterkey\vehiclefunctions.sqf";

Unzip the files and place the scripts folder into the root of your mission.pbo.

Thats all, just configure the script to your likings and/or change the paths to your own structure.

cheers

And the exact monetary item (e.g. ItemGoldBar10oz); this does not support the new return change feature so the exact classname it what it is looking for (unless you have it disabled in the config obviously).

I think this is why I could't get it to work the first time around.  Thanks to you and Otter!

Anyone that has got this working willing to give me a hand via teamviewer, i have tried everything everyone has posted in this forum post and still no luck after 4 hours 

-Edit, 

The server is loading, but no errors in the log and still no option to claim, or change a key, even with the required items 

This is just insane... This doesn't work either... It's not like I have no idea what I'm doing... I installed my scripts on my server... But this one just doesn't want to... If anyone want to help me, would be amazing, because I really don't know what I am doing wrong... The server just doens't seem to load the script at all... Whatever I try... No error in RPT, no scroll wheel option... No error at all??

Anyone that has got this working willing to give me a hand via teamviewer, i have tried everything everyone has posted in this forum post and still no luck after 4 hours 

-Edit, 

The server is loading, but no errors in the log and still no option to claim, or change a key, even with the required items 

This is just insane... This doesn't work either... It's not like I have no idea what I'm doing... I installed my scripts on my server... But this one just doesn't want to... If anyone want to help me, would be amazing, because I really don't know what I am doing wrong... The server just doens't seem to load the script at all... Whatever I try... No error in RPT, no scroll wheel option... No error at all??

If either of you want to send me your PBO I will take a look and see if I can tell what's up.

There is no need for a fn_SelfAction, you will only get the scroll option when scrolling on the vehicle itself, it's not an action on the key. Also you have to have all required items in your inventory:

1. Two keys (the key to the vehicle you're wanting to change too and the key to the vehicle your changing).
  2. A keymasters kit, if you have that enabled in the config.
  3. And the exact monetary item (e.g. ItemGoldBar10oz); this does not support the new return change feature so the exact classname it what it is looking for (unless you have it disabled in the config obviously).

If these items are not in your inventory/toolbelt you will not get the scroll option on the vehicle.

Also are you seeing any errors in your RPT?

Thank you! You helped me a lot!

Hey Otter

Great script!

But their seems to be a bug on my server, one of my players reported they bought a car from the traders, drove around for a bit found a locked car, towed the locked car to traders to sell, when they untowed it the key they had for their original  car they bought could unlock the locked car they found, they then sold the locked car that was found and the key no longer worked on the car they bought which the key was originally bought for, one of my admins also had this happen to them twice, when they tried to replace the key for their original car it said no key found as if the car had no key associated with it.

Running Overpoch server hosted by vilayer on the latest patch (1.0.5.1/125548), also i am running infistar anti hack as well.

Works great so far except I am not getting the option to claim a vehicle. I have it set you "Allowed" and that it requires 1 tinbar. I have the tin bar and keykit but still no option...?

Do you also have an existing key? Claiming works just like master key in that it ties the claimed vehicle to an already existing key, so therefore if you do not have an existing key you will not get the option.

you mean "can" ? ;)

Forsure, here is my fast and furious tutorial:

Download:

http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/89720384/file.html

Install:

Open your init.sqf and find this block:

if (!isDedicated) then {
0 fadeSound 0;
waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
};

Place this line "before" the last bracket and after the _playerMonitor line:

_nil = [] execVM "scripts\masterkey\vehiclefunctions.sqf";

Unzip the files and place the scripts folder into the root of your mission.pbo.

Thats all, just configure the script to your likings and/or change the paths to your own structure.

cheers

Thanks a lot, been struggling to get this to work but your solution with the old masterkey seems to work, super :)