AH6X Little Bird is wrong.

LuciferFCS

I am someone who LOVES little birds in practically every game im in, and Ive noticed that the stats on this heli in dayz is WAY to slow.. Is there anyway you can change it in the game (know its client side, maybe adding in a duplicate with settings you set up?) Just to show what i mean, check these out...

These are stats from the actual planes IRL.

Bell47 Maximum Speed: 169 km/h (91 knots, 105 mph,)

UH1H  Maximum speed:  217 km/h (117 knots, 135 mph)

MI17   Maximum speed:  250 km/h (135 knots, 155 mph)

UH60  Maximum Speed:  295 km/h (159 knots 183 mph)

And then you have the Little Bird

AH6X  Maximum Speed: 282 km/h (152 knots,175 mph)

So basically, It boils down to, Can you make the AH6X more realistic, or add in a duplicate that has the correct speeds?  (especially since it doesnt have any weapons on it)

TL;DR - Little bird speed it not realistic, Would like it matched to How it actually is.

I dont agree. One of the biggest things for the Little Bird is its speed. I say it should be faster than the UH60 as well. It is supposed to be a FAST recon and insertion chopper for special forces. 

As it is now the little bird is slooow in game. The speeds posted above are "in Real Life" speeds, not in game. That's what the OP is saying that it needs to be more comparable to its actual speeds. It should at least be faster than the UH1H.

• 2 weeks later...

The only balance issue I can come up with is that it is slower, more fragile, holds fewer items, and more expensive than the Mi17. Oh wait that is unbalanced not in it's favor. The ONLY thing it has going for it is it's small size and maneuverability. However, for 52 less gold two people could buy two Mozzies and fly to locations. For 56 gold less 6 people could buy 6 Mozzies and fly to locations.

If you need a chopper simply to pick up people from the coast the Mi-17 is more durable, faster, and cheaper. If you need a chopper to throw items in while looting... again... MI-17. I don't see a reason to buy a Little Bird OTHER than you want a chopper you can have a passenger in that you can also park in a very small spot. 

The little bird has been like this since the launch of Arma 2, it's always funny how things like this appear to be our doing.  Little bird's nimble nature and size attribute to one of it's strengths as a flight vehicle, applying more to Epoch; you can land one in some of the thickest forests in the game for concealment.  I'm just surprised after all of these years that it's now just become an issue.

What is everyone suggesting?  That we boost it's speed?  Keep in mind, If we're talking realism here...a couple 5.56 rounds could take one of these offline with a couple accurate groups.
I've been proned out with Mark 48 unloading an entire clip into seemingly vital parts with little to no response but the warning beep. 

The same could be said for all choppers I guess, particularly the mi:17's...but if we were to attempt changing something like this, I would root for overall armor reduction for all of them.  Ya know...to keep it real.

The little bird has been like this since the launch of Arma 2, it's always funny how things like this appear to be our doing.  Little bird's nimble nature and size attribute to one of it's strengths as a flight vehicle, applying more to Epoch; you can land one in some of the thickest forests in the game for concealment.  I'm just surprised after all of these years that it's now just become an issue.

What is everyone suggesting?  That we boost it's speed?  Keep in mind, If we're talking realism here...a couple 5.56 rounds could take one of these offline with a couple accurate groups.

I've been proned out with Mark 48 unloading an entire clip into seemingly vital parts with little to no response but the warning beep. 

The same could be said for all choppers I guess, particularly the mi:17's...but if we were to attempt changing something like this, I would root for overall armor reduction for all of them.  Ya know...to keep it real.

In vanilla DayZ:Mod the Little Bird is perfectly balanced. How can I say it is balanced there and then say it is not balanced here? Well, because the Little Bird is a found item that can't be locked or put into a base. The points you make about it being able to be landed in concealment are really valuable in a game where ownership is not a real thing in any stretch of the imagination and what you "own" is either what is on your person or what you can hide well enough it can't be found easily. 

In Vanilla where ANY helicopter is a huge advantage a less than spectacular helicopter is very much still exponentially better than walking. One that you can hide easily is probably even more valuable than one you can't. 

In Epoch however, You can tuck a Little Bird into a base making it more secure. On top of that there can be a key for it so it is locked. You can own it. Then again you can do that with a Huey or Mi-17 or any other vehicles. It's small size is no longer that big of an asset.  On top of that you have Mozzies which are just as nimble and smaller yet. Then let's consider the fact that you have to pay for the Little Bird if you want a secure one which everyone wants. 

So, let's compare this to the other unarmed aerial vehicles available. I'll focus on things that actually work just like it, so unarmed Helicopters.

So we have the Mozzie. For storage the Little Bird wins hands down since the Mozzie can only take a backpack and that is convoluted to accomplish in the best of times. Speed is roughly if not exactly the same as is maneuverability. The Mozzie is quieter, smaller, and harder to spot making it much stealthier than a Little Bird. You can tuck it into much smaller places or leave it in the middle of a field and people will have a hard time even seeing it. Seating again sees the Little Bird win out with either 2 or 6 people allowed. Price however. The little bird is 15 times as expensive as a Mozzie and that is for the cheap one. 

On the other end of the extreme we have the Mi-17 Civ. It has more storage and more seating than the Little Bird but exactly opposite the Mozzie for size and stealth. It is more durable and faster than the Little Bird and it's seating better protects the occupants. I mean it more than doubles the seating of the Little Bird with the most seats and at least doubles the items carried. it is also 1/2 to 2/3rds the cost of a Little Bird.

So, if hiding is what you need you have a 4 Gold Mozzie. If disposable is what you need you have a 4 Gold Mozzie. If you need to carry 1 other friend and NEVER intend to have anyone else ride with you the "Cheap" Little Bird is STILL more expensive and carries less while going slower than an Mi-17 so you might as well have the option to carry a few other people and most space. The ONLY reason to ever own a Mozzie is you need a helicopter that will fit in a very tight space(which would be rare) and have need for it to carry other people and a few items. This rare circumstance should not cost you more. 

What we are saying is that in a setting where you find helicopters and need to hide them the Little Bird is fairly worthwhile. In a setting where that is less important because you have bases and keys paying more for it makes it less worthwhile. To bring it in line with the other choices there should be a price change or  the Little Bird needs some advantage over the other two besides, "It can hide better and fit in smaller boxes." because the other options are cheaper and "better" depending on what you need.

I have always, (long before Epoch) thought it to be to slow for its size, And I apologize if you felt that we were blaming you or any of the Epoch crew for this. As far as keeping it real, well I'm willing to bet that none of us can actually fly a real helicopter of any kind. It was a topic that was brought up to discuss and we have discussed it. Its ok for us to agree and or disagree on how things should or should not be. I get annoyed with the R3F realism some times but it does add that extra bit of, well I really cant carry 500lbs across 5000m with out stopping, in to the game play. Would I like to see the Little Bird be faster than it currently is? Yes. Am I gonna quit playing and shut down my server if its not fixed? Noooooo. If I had half the brain that you developers have, I would have fixed it myself, but I don't. So by all means keep up the good work, don't take our requests or suggestions as a bad thing. The developers had the idea for epoch to be what it is and that came from ideas and suggestions. :)

Yes, I'd like to see the speed increased or the price decreased.  Just to bring it into balance.

Im not here trying to flame, or anything along those lines. Im Posting this because i think you can fix a wrong that is in the game currently. What i am suggesting is we change the speed to match with the other helis, and not make it a flying death trap. I can easily snipe pilots in the little bird as is, due to  its low movement speed. And Because something has been this way since... Is that a reason for it to never change? There is always an opportunity to make things better than they were. With that being said, Epoch is by far the best mod out there, you guys are doing a tremendous job, and Keep up the good work. Thanks for the time Reading this, hope it helps  :)

My heli of choice is the MH-6J. It ain't cost effective, but I can outmaneuver a sparrow with it. It's small, which means the landing pad I have to build near my base doesn't have to be nearly so big. I can see out of the cockpit in 1st person view (which is how I fly) nearly unobstructed. It can seat six people. It goes fast enough for my purposes. At night against the sky from the ground, it is completely invisible. I can land it or hover in REALLY tight spaces which means I can perform extractions of my teammates in spots a Huey or Mi-7 could never dream of fitting.

Best of all, it's black.