Sarge AI - Crash To Desktop When Looting Leader Bodies. Anyone Got Any Ideas?

DY357LX

Question

I realise this isn't Epoch-specific but I figured I'd ask on the off-chance others had encountered it.

I set-up Sarge AI and only removed (commented out with //) the "war scenario" from the example spawns.

And changed the extreme debugging to false.

That's it. Everything else is default.

I hop in game, chat to a few players and encounter a bandit group. I kill them and attempt to loot the leaders' corpse only to have my ArmA 2 client crash to desktop.

I check my minidumps and the server rpt but there's nothing useful there.

I use Dart to let the players know what happened and that I can't fix it until later tonight (GMT) as I have to go to work. (Where I'm typing from now.) I managed a quick Google and browse of the OpenDayZ forums before I have to leave the house. (Other players where having the same issue but I didn't find any solutions.)

I can't access OpenDayZ from this machine but am currently browsing Sarge's GitHub for ideas.

Has anyone got ideas? Thanks.

5 answers to this question

When I had this issue (with another set of AI, not particular to sarge) It was caused by item.. (if that was items in in correct locations or not I can't answer)

feel free to pull out my Sarge folder (from the Pre-made map link in my signature) and overwrite your install with my working version if you would like.

Okay thanks. I think we've added some loot to the leader bodies. There's been very little added. It should be easy enough to back-trace. I just can't do it in work.

Any idea if it's not possible to add Epoch specific items to corpses. (i.e ItemGoldBar and ItemBriefcase10oz) ?

Most likely cause is an item on the body. I had that happen when I was messing around with SargeAI. I am trying to remember what it was specifically that caused it in my case just in case that was the issue for you as well. I think it was a skin that existed in the mod I was playing in but for some reason would crash the person who looted it from the AI.

All the items appear to be spelled and formatted correctly.

Here's the skins that the AI use (these are all defaults and not altered by me at all)

// military AI
SAR_leader_sold_list = ["Rocket_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the leader of a soldier group
SAR_sniper_sold_list = ["Sniper1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the snipers of a soldier group
SAR_soldier_sold_list = ["Soldier1_DZ","Camo1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the riflemen of a soldier group

// bandit AI
SAR_leader_band_list = ["Bandit1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the leader of a bandit group
SAR_sniper_band_list = ["Sniper1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the snipers of a bandit group
SAR_soldier_band_list = ["Bandit1_DZ", "BanditW1_DZ","Soldier_Crew_PMC"]; // the potential classes of the riflemen of a bandit group

// survivor AI
SAR_leader_surv_list = ["Survivor3_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the leaders of a survivor group
SAR_sniper_surv_list = ["Sniper1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the snipers of a survivor group
SAR_soldier_surv_list = ["Survivor2_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ","Soldier_Crew_PMC"]; // the potential classes of the riflemen of a survivor group

Oddly, only Survivor3_DZ looks out of place. And by that I mean, it's not a common skin on the players I've seen.

I'll switch it to Soldier_Crew_PMC and remove that from SAR_soldier_surv_list.

I'll report back if it works.

Here is my item/weapon list for each group (I removed NVGoggles.)

// military

// potential weapon list for leaders
SAR_sold_leader_weapon_list = ["M4A1","M4A3_CCO_EP1","AK_47_M"];
SAR_sold_leader_pistol_list = [];   

// potential item list for leaders -> Item / Chance 1 - 100
SAR_sold_leader_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60],["ItemRadio",30],["ItemGoldBar",20],["ItemGoldBar10oz",7],["ItemBriefcase100oz",1]];
SAR_sold_leader_tools =  [["ItemMap",50],["ItemCompass",30],["Binocular_Vector",5]];

//potential weapon list for riflemen
SAR_sold_rifleman_weapon_list = ["M16A2","Winchester1866","AK_74","LeeEnfield","M1014"];
SAR_sold_rifleman_pistol_list = [];    

// potential item list for riflemen
SAR_sold_rifleman_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60],["ItemMorphine",40],["ItemPainkiller",50],["ItemBloodbag",20],["ItemTroutCooked",30],["ItemJerrycan",30]];
SAR_sold_rifleman_tools = [["ItemMap",50],["ItemCompass",30]];

//potential weapon list for snipers
SAR_sold_sniper_weapon_list = ["M4A1_Aim","SVD_CAMO","Huntingrifle"];
SAR_sold_sniper_pistol_list = [];   

// potential item list for snipers ["Skin_Sniper1_DZ",10]
SAR_sold_sniper_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60],["ItemMorphine",40],["ItemPainkiller",50],["ItemBloodbag",20],["ItemTroutCooked",30],["ItemJerrycan",60]];
SAR_sold_sniper_tools = [["ItemMap",50],["ItemCompass",30]];

//
// survivors
//

SAR_surv_leader_weapon_list = ["M4A1","M4A3_CCO_EP1","AK_47_M"];
SAR_surv_leader_pistol_list = [];   

SAR_surv_leader_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60],["ItemRadio",30],["ItemGoldBar",20],["ItemGoldBar10oz",7],["ItemBriefcase100oz",1]];
SAR_surv_leader_tools =  [["ItemMap",50],["ItemCompass",30],["Binocular_Vector",5],["ItemRadio",100]];

SAR_surv_rifleman_weapon_list = ["M16A2","Winchester1866","AK_74","LeeEnfield","M1014"];
SAR_surv_rifleman_pistol_list = [];    

SAR_surv_rifleman_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60],["ItemMorphine",40],["ItemPainkiller",50],["ItemBloodbag",20],["ItemTroutCooked",30],["ItemJerrycan",30]];
SAR_surv_rifleman_tools = [["ItemMap",50],["ItemCompass",30]];

SAR_surv_sniper_weapon_list = ["M4A1_Aim","SVD_CAMO","Huntingrifle"];
SAR_surv_sniper_pistol_list = [];   

// potential item list for snipers
SAR_surv_sniper_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60],["ItemMorphine",40],["ItemPainkiller",50],["ItemBloodbag",20],["ItemTroutCooked",30],["ItemJerrycan",10]];
SAR_surv_sniper_tools = [["ItemMap",50],["ItemCompass",30]];

//
// bandits
//

SAR_band_leader_weapon_list = ["M4A1","M4A3_CCO_EP1","AK_47_M"];
SAR_band_leader_pistol_list = [];   

SAR_band_leader_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60],["ItemRadio",30],["ItemGoldBar",20],["ItemGoldBar10oz",7],["ItemBriefcase100oz",1]];
SAR_band_leader_tools =  [["ItemMap",50],["ItemCompass",30],["Binocular_Vector",5],["ItemRadio",100]];

SAR_band_rifleman_weapon_list = ["M16A2","Winchester1866","AK_74","LeeEnfield","M1014"];
SAR_band_rifleman_pistol_list = [];    

SAR_band_rifleman_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60],["ItemMorphine",40],["ItemPainkiller",50],["ItemBloodbag",20],["ItemTroutCooked",30],["ItemJerrycan",30]];
SAR_band_rifleman_tools = [["ItemMap",50],["ItemCompass",30],["Binocular_Vector",2]];

SAR_band_sniper_weapon_list = ["M4A1_Aim","SVD_CAMO","Huntingrifle"];
SAR_band_sniper_pistol_list = [];   

// potential item list for snipers
SAR_band_sniper_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60],["ItemMorphine",40],["ItemPainkiller",50],["ItemBloodbag",20],["ItemTroutCooked",30],["ItemJerrycan",10]];
SAR_band_sniper_tools = [["ItemMap",50],["ItemCompass",30],["Binocular_Vector",10],["ItemFlashlight",100]];

Any ideas are very very welcome!