Sub forums for problems by map perhaps?

mjp808

Question

I have a friend that is having issues with his Taviana Epoch hosted server, seemingly because of differences/conflicts between the better running Chenarus code and the newer Taviana parts.

Are there common issues having to do with the non-Chernarus maps/code? Are they worth compartmentalizing into sub-forums or at least a thread? Is this at least partially why we dont see more of the other maps out there on servers?

I just really want to get more maps out there running.

9 answers to this question

Tavi had a lot of issues when we ran it, many of those are not related to Epoch, but the vendor issues I reported were.  The version of Tavi that we were using, at the very least, is terrible.  To keep players from dying to invisible walls, I had to cordon off entire cities in some cases.  Ridiculous.

Specifically, adding trader stock items seems to be troubling him(like adding plot poles to the hero shop). There was also a problem leaving helis/items(they would disappear after restarts)and trying to respawn/relog(dumped in the ocean 2km away)on the tiny islands at the northern corners of the Tav map.

His server host is HFBS. Thx for responses.

By newer Tav parts, I mean that Im assuming Epoch was written first for Chernarus, and Tav specific stuff was added, or at least refined later.

I just really dig the Taviana map for some reason, the geography and cities.

Hey MadMartyr, did you ever logout while on the islands up north, then login and get dumped in the ocean, bout 2kliks away? what could cause that?

Best to wait for Origins 2.0, after that they said they will open it up...

sorry, open what up?

Hey MadMartyr, did you ever logout while on the islands up north, then login and get dumped in the ocean, bout 2kliks away? what could cause that?

Had all kinds of issues with the north of the islands on Tavi.  Logging out there, and be reset as a new spawn.  Leaving vehicles there and they'd be destroyed occasionally (this was after I fixed the ResetOOBVehicles option).  Eventually, I just switched my server to Lingor, and I love it.  Series of islands, bridges, probably not as big as Tavi, but most all of the buildings have their interiors open and it has a tropical feel which is nice for a change.