Need help scripting before 1/14/2014

The Lone Survivor

Question

Hey there I am shipping out for boot camp 1/14/2014 and I was wanting to add a few things to my server I already have selfBB'ing, sarge ai and ai missions, Blue phoenix admin tools and towing and load in. I got them thanks to a script package that was real easy to download and install cause I have no scripting skills if someone could help me I have a HFB server and was wanting to add in trader safe zones, Ikea truck supply mission , and a new spawn load-out. But most of all I'm having trouble with the traders running out of stock of items real quick and I don't know how to restock them I tried resetting my server and stopping it nothing works also I would really like to add the m107 to the hero trader if possible so if someone could help me with any of that my Skype username is moore.james94 (don't forget the . between moore and james94) thanks

14 answers to this question

maybe read the epoch wiki (server configuration), there are answers to at least two of your "problems".

you guys should really learn how to find basic information yourself instead of just asking others willing to do everything for you (for free) lol

but hey why would you do something yourself when you can just outsource it for free :p

sorry for the confusion but I've told this at least 10 times in this forums alone, it does not matter if you have a rented server or "home made",

since HFB grants you full access to all files you can do "what you want" with the server and change any files, that is for the mods so the tutorial sshould work the same way maybe the folder are a little different because but the files are the same.

and about navicat, HFB also gives you full database access via PHPMyAdmin, you can just use that web tool to execute any SQL queries.. just play a little around with it (better do a backup before doing anything lol)

and yes you can use navicat with HFB if you wanted to, but not necessary :)

well you can just add the scripts later, if the server is running with the other mods it is not needed so far!? :)

took me like 3 full days to set up my first epoch server, and i have years of experienec with scripting, so i am just saying it it a lot of work dude.. :/

i cant help everyone with scripting sorry, i get like 10 PM's every day here on the forums admins asking me for help but i cant help everyone with "simple server installatiosn like that", that is boring work for free :D

you don't have to download it, you get the link in the mail from HFB and just open it and log in there. that is just a website, no download. :)

no offense but most admins have no clue what they are doing and think they can install an epoch server with a few clicks, but epoch is very hard to maintain and stuff as an admin, even if you are experienced it is not easy i have to say :/

the first server I've played epoch on was down for 2 weeks or so because the admins could not fix a simple bug.. so all players had to wait weeks for them to fix it that sucks and a servers loses many players like this for sure, just saying epoch is still experimental and not bug bug free or anything, and if you install custom mods you have to knwo what they are doing in case there is bug you are screwed and don't knwo what do to.. and there are bugs and hackers and what not so you have to knwo how to do database rollbacks and all sorts of things.. but that is dayz i think haha

at least i had no problems with hackers on my server for some weeks! weird maybe they gave up hacking epoch because they get banned anyway (but admins have to do a rollback and shit every time).

at top times some month ago i had to do 3 rollbacks every day, and ban like 10+ hacker every day!! no kidding :/

btw I had a servcer from HFB at first, HFB is very good but i had to switch to a root server because of some hacker kids and DDoS attack to my server so the server was down all the time because some hacker i had banned ingame tried to hack my server via external hacker attack to teh server itself and HFB could not do anyhting about it and just said the have no access to teh datacenter and the service there would not do anything about this.. other then that HFB is great but has no admin tools so you have to install them yourself (so in my opinion HFB is no for beginners).

i understand i had a gtx gaming server for a while but i went to hfb just cause it was cheaper but i might go back cuase it dont have access to alot of tools im used to like the back up feature and rollback feature it has alot for somthing called reality but i dont use that type of hive anyway thanks ill ask them for the link i dont know if u can connect to this but there is a group of people i met that own a server and its amazing got everything u could think of and i became friends with the scripter but when it came down to it he didnt want to help me script give me his pbo to compy or to my server nothing he wouldnt even direct me to how to script cause and i quote "im compation to his server and its to hard to script anyway" and i cant find anyone to help me learn so its been very difficult to learn to script no ones willing to help and im a console gamer have been my whole life since i was 3 but i wanted to play dayz SA and right now the alpha is onlyon pc so i have been playing the mod as i have been for a year now along with my Minecraft server but im just looking for somone to give me some one on one help before i shp to bootcamp but everyone either wants paid or they are scamming me and some dont want to help at all