For anyone who knows anything about Standalone

ManBearPig

Hey guys, I was filming the other day (DayZ Standalone) and thought I'd killed a player at the airfield. Anyways, having watched it back again, the animation looks extremely weird. I'd initially thought that i'd headshot him, but i now think he logs out. It's at 16 30 of the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UioUxkBfHcw

Here is the most likely occurrence. Because loot doesn't respawn people who mistakenly believe they need 15 clips, body armor, and everything else in the game "RIGHT NOW!" are server hopping constantly. Most likely they hit the one building there, ran over to the ATC tower, and were in the process of hopping to another server anyway when you fired so they combat logged immediately and will log in on another server with no one on and they will then bandage up quick. I'm so tired of going to a place where military loot spawns and hearing almost constant, "Ca-click" of reloading that people do as the log in from the next room over.  You can't actually secure or approach carefully since they log in right in the room with you.  

if you hear the ca click, you got time to go kill them before they can even shoot at u!

Sure you do... Just guess which room/hallway they might be in when you haven't even gotten the chance to pick up a clip and shoot them with your empty gun you just grabbed. Brilliant! Never mind about the point you Axe them you hear another Ca-Click from the room you just exited. 

I hope that Dean will keep the thing in that you can hear a reload sound when somebody logs in.

That sound saved my life because some dude logged in into a little shed where me and my friend were drinking.

He was drinking, I was covering. Then I heard a reload sound and I knew that my friend did not reload.

I started flanking the pos where it came from, and I found him. Just standing there inside the building not moving. AFK probably.

Me and my friend then moved on while feeling lucky he did not surprise us with a few bullets to the head.