[Release] Base Building 1.2 by Daimyo21 With improvements 0.3 by kikyou2 + More building materials

Ah cool - have you managed to get base building 1.2 working with epoch 1.0.1.5? (or even ...1.4!)

The base building 1.2 works with all versions of Epoch. You just have to swap the 1.2 code out of the old Epoch files and place them into the new ones (ie. swap out the fnselfactions.sqf, etc.) I started with Kikyou2's base building he had installed and uploaded for others to use and continue to swap all the files over each Epoch update.

Hey Matt,

So, basically you mean just manually install Bb 1.2 / improv 0.3, by adding the code as needed to each of the .sqf files from a standard 1.0.1.5 server install? Did I get that right? :)

The base building 1.2 works with all versions of Epoch. You just have to swap the 1.2 code out of the old Epoch files and place them into the new ones (ie. swap out the fnselfactions.sqf, etc.) I started with Kikyou2's base building he had installed and uploaded for others to use and continue to swap all the files over each Epoch update.

It's still being worked on, but I've been incredibly busy with real life happenings. There is a working version with 1.0.1.5 but I am actually merging it with some new methods to give menu commands like how epoch's building works, and will fix the refund issue. Removing wrecks works, removing epoch items works, and removing base building objects work. A two tier gate system, meaning 2 different panels, for 2 different gate stages, and a remove open and close ability when within range.  TayTay has been working on some graphics for the menu, and has been busy too. Be patient guys! If i had more free time I'd be able to polish up what I got and release it, ill see whats what by Monday with my schedule. Remember this is a hobby, I've got real world things to manage too :)

Hey :)

Thanks for the update! Great to hear it's still being worked on :)

Re: " There is a working version with 1.0.1.5" <--- Any chance of that being released for now? Would be happy with even just a working version :D

I appreciate you're doing this for free, and have real life stuff to do too :) Thanks for your efforts! ;)

It's still being worked on, but I've been incredibly busy with real life happenings. There is a working version with 1.0.1.5 but I am actually merging it with some new methods to give menu commands like how epoch's building works, and will fix the refund issue. Removing wrecks works, removing epoch items works, and removing base building objects work. A two tier gate system, meaning 2 different panels, for 2 different gate stages, and a remove open and close ability when within range.  TayTay has been working on some graphics for the menu, and has been busy too. Be patient guys! If i had more free time I'd be able to polish up what I got and release it, ill see whats what by Monday with my schedule. Remember this is a hobby, I've got real world things to manage too :)

Ok, so another update, ill post a list new list of changes  and in progress updates here.

-Fixed exploit with mountable  objects (m240 nest, MG nests, search lights, or any other mountable object you wish to add)

-Fixed exploit that allowed building anywhere

-Fixed ability to remove wrecks

-Updated code to latest epoch 1.0.1.5 with daymio's latest public code, kickyou2's  improvements, my own fixes and enhancements, and taytay's new menu. Improved killzone kids's and humbleUk's gate scripts, adding owner functionality to open without needing to enter code, and use a remote opening device if within X amount of meters from gate.

-Two tier gate system, meaning 2 different panels, for 2 different gate stages. One larger gate that acts as a main entrance, and the smaller concrete ones which act as doors. Panels for main gates operate at longer distance, and panels for doors operate at very short distances to allow closing/sectioning off of multiple areas in the base.

-Added Desert themed buildable objects

-Added a limit to max amount of each buildable object to prevent  mass spamming of objects bogging down the database.

-Adding nails as required material for some items, cement bag and bricks coming soon. (optional extra, requires some additional work to enable, otherwise it increases difficulty to add extra custom scripts, initial release will give instructions on how too)

-All buildable objects can be removed each with their own level of difficulty. Tool box and crowbar required for all, etool for some.

95% failure 70% chance to loose tool box for, 90 seconds to remove for hard to build objects

70% failure 50% chance to loose tool box for, 60 seconds to remove for medium to build objects

30% failure 30% chance to loose tool box for, 30 seconds to remove for easy to build objects

-claim 200meters of land around your base that no enemy base can build in

-Build in your base with friendlies

-Fixed exploit that allowed building in traders, cities, and inside buildings

-Reworking some menu features to be built into the epoch crafting/building in the game, by making the object into a kit, and right clicking it to build. This will be in the next big update after initial release

-Over 50 items to construct, that are balanced, nothing insane, and very high cost for complex buildings. This is intended to be an end game content, that gives something for players to work on.

-Removed edit code to prevent exploit and database issue, will re-add in the future when fixed.

-Plot poles cannot be removed, possibly will change model to allow them to be destroyed without glitching out via the epoch 1.0.1.5 bug (pole is gone, but is still listed in database preventing building for player)

-Refunds removed until they can be added in via the epoch way to prevent an exploit.

-Buildable objects for player storage and vehicle storage

-Removed loot and zed spawns from buildable objects (so objects dont spawn in the building that you can crash your tires into, or loot cycle your base, regular map objects of same type still spawn loot)

Might possibly add SQL for traders to include the kits for players who dont want to craft and just buy the materials, so it acts as a gold sink to balance economy.

If any suggestions, or anything you would like to see included, please post it here.