Selling items to vendors from the backpack

Rapture

Question

9 answers to this question

That's not a difficult task.

The first thing you'd want to do is find each script (for traders) that checks what items the player has on him.

I'm not going to take the time to look, but I know one method uses is similar to:

_qty = {_x == _part_in} count magazines player;
if (_qty >= _qty_in) then {

Wellz.. In the following else statement, instead of displaying the cutText for 'item not in inventory', you'd check if the item they are trying to sell is in their backpack like this:

_qty = {_x == _part_in} count (getMagazineCargo (unitBackpack player));
MAGIC
} else {
_needed =  _qty_in - _qty;
cutText [format[(localize "str_epoch_player_184"),_needed,_textPartIn] , "PLAIN DOWN"];
};

I'm not sure if BIS_fnc_invRemove supports objects, but if not, then you'd just have to remove the sold item from the backpack, and place the currency in the backpack;however, if BIS_fnc_invRemove does support objects you could just replace player in the array, with (unitBackpack player).

Very simple.

I added a ruby to my server for just this reason. I updated my trade metals to allow players to trade 12 briefcases for 1 ruby. Or sell one ruby for 10 briefcases.

I can then sell items for x amount of rubies.

clearly your players have to much money? haha

you need to watch your economics this is like money inflation :p

my players always complain about everthing is to expensive for 2 briefcases or something lol

clearly your players have to much money? haha

you need to watch your economics this is like money inflation :p

my players always complain about everthing is to expensive for 2 briefcases or something lol

It's easy come and easy go on my server. I have ai on the server and they drop gold on chance. It's also on panthera with a ton of vehicles to sell easily with lift tow. I think the fastest way players are making money right now is doing missions and selling the sniper weapons.

It's also easy go because ai have AA and are pretty good with it. I also added back the DZ version of armed vehicles for twice the price of a DZE version. Basically the most expensive heli right now is bought for 1 ruby but still only sells for a briefcase.

We also have a major clan war going on that has had about 16 vehicle casualties yesterday alone.

All and all I like where it's going. It really feels like after zombie apoc because of the amount of mil loot laying around is a lot, just like I. imagine it would be with 99.9 % of the population dead.

It's easy come and easy go on my server. I have ai on the server and they drop gold on chance. It's also on panthera with a ton of vehicles to sell easily with lift tow. I think the fastest way players are making money right now is doing missions and selling the sniper weapons.

It's also easy go because ai have AA and are pretty good with it. I also added back the DZ version of armed vehicles for twice the price of a DZE version. Basically the most expensive heli right now is bought for 1 ruby but still only sells for a briefcase.

We also have a major clan war going on that has had about 16 vehicle casualties yesterday alone.

All and all I like where it's going. It really feels like after zombie apoc because of the amount of mil loot laying around is a lot, just like I. imagine it would be with 99.9 % of the population dead.

Yeah you are right, but I think what you are describing is not a zombie game anymore, who cares about zombies in Epoch anymore? its a little sad :D

zombies should be the enemy in Dayz and not other players, but well as long as its fun to play who cares, but this is no zombie game anymore ^^

Yeah you are right, but I think what you are describing is not a zombie game anymore, who cares about zombies in Epoch anymore? its a little sad :D

zombies should be the enemy in Dayz and not other players, but well as long as its fun to play who cares, but this is no zombie game anymore ^^

Your 100% right, but that is what DayZ has become.  Shoot on site, no hold ups, and hide in a bush if you have zombie agro.

I added a ruby to my server for just this reason. I updated my trade metals to allow players to trade 12 briefcases for 1 ruby. Or sell one ruby for 10 briefcases.

I can then sell items for x amount of rubies.

If you don't mind my asking how did you get the traders to properly accept the ruby? I have been trying to add an additional currency for high end vehicles and weapons  using the 4 versions of the IED utilizing a crafting mechanic for the IED's allowing them to be purchased from the donor rewards or farmed in game. However when I added them to the db as the currency (placed them in the trader items table as well) when you purchase say a vehicle with the IED's it all looks fine you get a key but the vehicle is never spawned and the IED's don't leave your inventory.

That's not a difficult task.

The first thing you'd want to do is find each script (for traders) that checks what items the player has on him.

I'm not going to take the time to look, but I know one method uses is similar to:

_qty = {_x == _part_in} count magazines player;

Wellz.. In the following else statement, instead of displaying the cutText for 'item not in inventory', you'd check if the item they are trying to sell is in their backpack like this:

_qty = {_x == _part_in} count (getMagazineCargo (unitBackpack player));
MAGIC
} else {
_needed =  _qty_in - _qty;
cutText [format[(localize "str_epoch_player_184"),_needed,_textPartIn] , "PLAIN DOWN"];
};

I'm not sure if BIS_fnc_invRemove supports objects, but if not, then you'd just have to remove the sold item from the backpack, and place the currency in the backpack;however, if BIS_fnc_invRemove does support objects you could just replace player in the array, with (unitBackpack player).

Very simple.

how and where I got this script to place?